NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Can't wait for the posts everywhere about Nintendo showing Donkey Kong Country at this and how it shows how out of touch they are and that they need to exit the console business.

It is a bad idea, if it is Donkey Kong Country.

Edited by Serebii

Can't wait for the posts everywhere about Nintendo showing Donkey Kong Country at this and how it shows how out of touch they are and that they need to exit the console business.

It's gonna happen.

Thing is, the VGAs have been pretty good over the past couple of years for new game reveals. This is the first time Nintendo are showing up and to do so with a game that is already known and with plenty of footage already seen seems a little weak. Even more so given the state if the Wii U.

Saying that, this years show doesn't look all that great so Donkey Kong may shine.

Are GT streaming this tonight?

So, will he be showing this off live on a stage given that it has been stated that his appearance was not taped?

Have to agree if it's DK it won't go down well. This is a great opportunity to reveal a major game and deflect some attention from the other 2 and give confidence to existing Wii U owners and potential owners. DK we all know about, it's a game by right should be already released but isn't because they need to fill a hole in the New Year. Revealing Cranky Kong will just be the icing on the cake, it's not even a surprise anymore.

Have to agree if it's DK it won't go down well. This is a great opportunity to reveal a major game and deflect some attention from the other 2 and give confidence to existing Wii U owners and potential owners. DK we all know about, it's a game by right should be already released but isn't because they need to fill a hole in the New Year. Revealing Cranky Kong will just be the icing on the cake, it's not even a surprise anymore.

To be fair, Cranky Kong's reveal was not meant to be shown early so you can't really hold that against the announcement

Well how did they let that get out though?... someone from Nintendo put that artwork out there. At least if it is DK we could have had a surprise :/

I so hope now that it's anything but DK, or they bring DK and a surprise trailer or something.

Otherwise I really don't see why they're bothering turning up. Cringe.

To be fair, Cranky Kong's reveal was not meant to be shown early so you can't really hold that against the announcement

That maybe true but the media didn't just lick that image up off the street. Even if was still a surprise, it would be underwhelming.

Anyway I'm going down in a blaze of glory.

HYPE!!! HYPE!!! HYPE!!!

ZELDA!!! ZELDA!!! ZELDA!!!

HYPE!!! HYPE!!! HYPE!!!

ZELDA!!! ZELDA!!! ZELDA!!!

If you believe they put Skull Kid on the moon, Skull Kid on the moon.......

The thing is, whatever theys how, really what is it going to do? Other than feeding our urges what will it actually do? Although I would love a major reveal, this is an awful way to show it. It'll either be Golf or Kranky Kong!

I think its The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Wii U becuse there has been lots of mentions of Majora's Mask this year and Reggie had a Zelda Jumper on and showd a Master Sword

Nonsense.

It's going to be Wii Music U

:cry: no thanks don't want Wii Music U

The thing is, whatever theys how, really what is it going to do? Other than feeding our urges what will it actually do? Although I would love a major reveal, this is an awful way to show it. It'll either be Golf or Kranky Kong!

No way is it Wii Sports U Golf. Reggie would be booed/laughed off the stage. This is a hardcore gamer audience. DK could get away with it but it won't get a great reaction. I can't believe they're showing up for the first time ever to show either game. Isn't everybody in attendance getting a WW HD Wii U bundle or is it given to the charity of their choice?

Nonsense.

It's going to be Wii Music U

Awesome. icon14.gif

I get a sequel to one of my favourite Wii games, and get to watch the internet explode! :laughing:

It's going to be Reggie and Geoff playing Super Mario 3D World DLC.

Reggie then walks off stage and a Zelda trailer starts.

:D

I think its The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Wii U becuse there has been lots of mentions of Majora's Mask this year and Reggie had a Zelda Jumper on and showd a Master Sword

Could also be something to do with the fact a new zelda game has just been released on the 3DS.

What are you doing on the forums now anyway? Thought you'd be out on the town celebrating!!

okay suddenly my mind is making the connections.....let the hype begin

I hope it's "X".

If its not MM i pray its X because the game has so much promise

Going out on the piss, can't wait unfortunately even though I hear most of it is usually dross. Enjoy! I'll burn the town down when I get back if it's not Zelda. If it turns out to be Wii Sports U Golf, I'm gonna need a bigger cannister!