NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

just incase any confusion the "like me" was referencing how i also refuse to go digital not saying "go digital like me"

I've only had one freeze so far, during the ending cutscene of the wonderful 101.

The system does tend to load really long though, especially in the eshop haha.

You can actually hold the power button on the Gamepad now, if that doesn't

work then on the WiiU itself.

Does the Wii U still have the hard lock problem where you had to pull out the power cable to get it working again?

The freezing is due (in part or in large part) from the fact the games all load directly from the disk when playing. There are no installs, thus a large amount of data is being streamed directly from the disk itself. This creates a number of problems - especially in online or open world games.

You can actually hold the power button on the Gamepad now, if that doesn't

work then on the WiiU itself.

yeah, thats how I got out of it

I had to hold the button down for a while, but I thought that was standard on hardware these days, holding the button down forces the power off?

Anyway, the open world/online explanation seems to make sense in my context... and its comforting to see its a common issue and not my Wii being rubbish :)

thanks all who replied!

I had to hold the button down for a while, but I thought that was standard on hardware these days, holding the button down forces the power off?

Thought so too, but it didn't work for me until after the second last big update (or at least that's when I noticed it)

A couple of days ago (when pressing the Home button on my GamePad) I noticed a X on the Download Management icon, so I clicked on it and it came up with a message saying that some software failed to download. ::shrug: When checking to see what that software was, it said System Update. :wtf: So I went into System Settings to try and manually update, but it said I already had the latest version.

Anyway, the same thing just happened again a minute ago, a X on Download Management and a failed System Update. :hmm:

Has this happened to anyone else? :blank:

A couple of days ago (when pressing the Home button on my GamePad) I noticed a X on the Download Management icon, so I clicked on it and it came up with a message saying that some software failed to download. ::shrug: When checking to see what that software was, it said System Update. :wtf: So I went into System Settings to try and manually update, but it said I already had the latest version.

Anyway, the same thing just happened again a minute ago, a X on Download Management and a failed System Update. :hmm:

Might be due to the maintenance, but I've just been on and not got that. ::shrug:

Is your Wii U connecting to the Internet OK?

Might be due to the maintenance, but I've just been on and not got that. ::shrug:

Is your Wii U connecting to the Internet OK?

Yeah, everything else seems fine, my Mii icon is blue and Miiverse/Friends List/Internet Browser all work.

Yes, this happened to me during the last bout of eShop maintenance, so I put it down to that. And, as it seems it has happened to you during this new eShop maintenance, there must be some sort of correlation, or just freakiness.

It clearly means that Nintendo will be showcasing 'X' during the next Nintendo Direct and it will release five minutes later.

It clearly means that Nintendo will be showcasing 'X' during the next Nintendo Direct and it will release five minutes later.

OMG, I'm so gonna post that everywhere around the internets!!!

I look forward to @Wii's hysterical fits of rage when that doesn't happen. "F u Ninty!" etc

While the Cranky Kong reveal was disappointing and a wasted opportunity at VGX I did clearly explain that I didn't expect much.

Edited by Retro_Link
we're trying to stamp this stuff out

While the Cranky Kong reveal was disappointing and a wasted opportunity at VGX I did clearly explain that I didn't expect much.

That is some epic back-tracking

Edited by Retro_Link

A Pokémon & Monster Hunter crossover would save the Wii U. Has to be done :p
Have you been drinking Serebii?... that almost sounded like a Wii U Pokemon RPG post ;p

I hope we get MH4 ported to the Wii U, that would be brilliant but even that at this stage is a stretch though not impossible. MH3 Ultimate did respectible sales figures.

Have you been drinking Serebii?... that almost sounded like a Wii U Pokemon RPG post ;p

Hell no. A Wii U Pokémon main series RPG would be catastrophic for reasons I have repeated ad nauseum.

However, a spin-off game that crosses over with Monster Hunter...the two biggest video game franchises in Japan (and one of the biggest in the world with one that has decent gaming respect)...that would sell the console.

Ah well I'm gonna pretend you're coming round to the idea! :p

Not a chance in hell, my friend :p

I don't think Nintendo would be too keen on the idea of having players kill Pokémon and carve them up for their body parts to be used as resources for making armour and weapons.

Though I would like to see what a Pikachu Armour set would look like :D

I don't think Nintendo would be too keen on the idea of having players kill Pokémon and carve them up for their body parts to be used as resources for making armour and weapons.

Though I would like to see what a Pikachu Armour set would look like :D

Well no, it'd have a Pokémon twist.

Look at Nobunaga's Ambition. That was mostly about killing, slaughtering, stabbing etc, but they put the Pokémon twist in it.

It could work similar here.

Nintendo seriously need to invest in some new western IPs and franchises. I mean, this is a new HD Nintendo console and their only western studio (Retro) is working on a bloody Donkey Kong. They just seem so far behind the competition; there's a limit to how much difference Mario Kart and Mario will keep on making.