N-Europe

The LEGO Movie

ReZourceman

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just got back from seeing this as preview showings were this weekend.

Absolutely amazing! I ain't kidding when I say this is one if the best and funniest movies I've seen. Me and the lads were all howling during the course of the movie. It's such a nice change of pace to see a movie that doesn't need to resort to crude humour or bad language to get the laughs. Plenty of action, plenty of laughs and some heartfelt moments to top it off.

A MUST SEE!!

I was initially surprised with the turnout in the cinema (there were 10 people, including me), but it made things nice and quiet.

As for the film. I completely agree with HoT: it was wonderful. The animation was utterly sublime, with a whopping amount of detail and everything just looked perfect. There was also plenty of background references, and I'm glad the trailers didn't spoiler all the cameos. On top of that there are loads of nice little touches to the film.

The main characters were also done well, and I felt like Warner Bros did a good job with DCs characters, as none of them felt like product placements and they clearly didn't mind mocking them. I would have liked to have seen one small cameo from a certain set, but that was extremely unlikely to happen anyway. Still, a good mix of new characters and existing LEGO characters (both original and licensed).

There was one point where I was concerned with the direction the film was going, but it was actually handled extremely well, with some great serious moments mixed in with the humour, action and all-round awesomeness.

If I had to sum the film up in a few words, it would be "Everything is awesome!"

• 2 weeks later...