NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Spurs bossed flanks for first period and then stopped trying that route which was odd. Jenkinson was having trouble and then Chadli disappeared entirely. Capoue looked good and then disappeared.

Arsenal looked okay but will not be able to keep that up if keep getting injuries or players feeling unwell with a poorly tummy like ickle Wilshere .

Liverpool and United match was dull. Liverpool played well. I thought United would show them up but it highlighted United's problems instead. So many times defenders had no midfielder to pass to, Carrick and Cleverly were nowhere to be seen. Potential big day of transfers for all tomorrow!

Capoue looked good and then disappeared.

Suspected leg breaks tend to do that.

Good one. Is there any confirmation of it actually bring a leg break as it didn't look that bad on TV when chubby Carzorla collapsed on him.

Good one. Is there any confirmation of it actually bring a leg break as it didn't look that bad on TV when chubby Carzorla collapsed on him.

Dunno. Just going off what I've read on twitter. At the match I didn't think anything of the tackle until I saw the stretcher come on.

That value for Bale is insane. Well done to Spurs for robbing Madrid blind. Worth nowhere near that amount. At least £30 million overpriced.

That value for Bale is insane. Well done to Spurs for robbing Madrid blind. Worth nowhere near that amount. At least £30 million overpriced.

Call me bias, but I'd say £40m max. And that's paying mainly for the hope he can recreate last season. Not so easy to do in a whole new environment.

I think we can all collectively say "at last".

Hopefully it will set the merry-go-round in motion, though.

I love how that has papered over the cracks for all the gooners. Hope it'd has wenger to and you don't sign anyone because you'll struggle hugely unless you get if. Few players. You got lucky today, well done. But for me it was promising for spurs and desperate for arsenal.

I love how that has papered over the cracks for all the gooners. Hope it'd has wenger to and you don't sign anyone because you'll struggle hugely unless you get if. Few players. You got lucky today, well done. But for me it was promising for spurs and desperate for arsenal.

It hasn't though has it. I haven't spoken to one fan who hasn't said something like "good result, but now we need to strengthen". So lets not get carried away, we know we're short on players. But we've managed to put you back in your box for a few weeks.

Thanks to you lot we might land Ozil if rumours are to be believed.

It hasn't though has it. I haven't spoken to one fan who hasn't said something like "good result, but now we need to strengthen". So lets not get carried away, we know we're short on players. But we've managed to put you back in your box for a few weeks.

Thanks to you lot we might land Ozil if rumours are to be believed.

Yeah,heard that. Not exactly a player you need though is it. You're more lacking in other areas than attacking midfielder. But can't pass up a great player I suppose.

Tomorrow will die as exciting as always, hope spurs sign a left back and another striker.

Tomorrow will die as exciting as always, hope spurs sign a left back and another striker.

Yeah I heard Soldado is still stuck in Bosscielny's pocket.

That kaka deal is mental. Stoopid transfer window.

Watching the BT sport round up they seem to say arsenal have bid 45million Euros for Ozil and looks it could be a quick deal tomorrow.

Edited by James

Last figure I heard was £42Mil for Ozil.

Yeah I heard Soldado is still stuck in Bosscielny's pocket.

Good thing the Boss prepared some entertainment for his guests. They're usually in his back pocket for a while.

lolz.

What was it that was 'promising'? the complete lack of any attacking creativity or perhaps the total lack of understanding between your centre backs? Funny you're the only person i've seen class Arsenal's performance as desperate. Even with all the injuries, we still outclassed you pretty easily.

Was it you who said a couple of days back you see Spurs actually challenging for the title this year? Not a good start to be outplayed by a 'desperate' side.

lolz.

What was it that was 'promising'? the complete lack of any attacking creativity or perhaps the total lack of understanding between your centre backs? Funny you're the only person i've seen class Arsenal's performance as desperate. Even with all the injuries, we still outclassed you pretty easily.

Was it you who said a couple of days back you see Spurs actually challenging for the title this year? Not a good start to be outplayed by a 'desperate' side.

Outclassed? Oh yeah, being on the back foot for 90 minutes at HOME, having less possession for what is supposed to be a possession side, less chances, less corners, less dangerous terriorty... yeah....outclassed. We have loads of new players that will take time to gel, we didn't start with lamela or eriksen our two most creative signings and still had all of the above. The league will be wide open, we're a point off Chelsea who will likely win the league; yeah, I still think we have a chance; especially when our new signings start, and gel.

And I agree our CB's weren't great, well, Dawson wasn't. Can't wait for Kaboul to come back; Vertonghen Kaboul will be an incredible partnerships. Our worry about our fullbacks though.

Outclassed? Oh yeah, being on the back foot for 90 minutes at HOME, having less possession for what is supposed to be a possession side, less chances, less corners, less dangerous terriorty... yeah....outclassed. We have loads of new players that will take time to gel, we didn't start with lamela or eriksen our two most creative signings and still had all of the above. The league will be wide open, we're a point off Chelsea who will likely win the league; yeah, I still think we have a chance; especially when our new signings start, and gel.

And I agree our CB's weren't great, well, Dawson wasn't. Can't wait for Kaboul to come back; Vertonghen Kaboul will be an incredible partnerships. Our worry about our fullbacks though.

Less chances? if you're going by shots then yes but 3/4's of yours were Kyle Walker threatening the nosebleed seats behind the goal. The only thing I remember Chesney doing was saving the deflected shot.

For sure you had more of the ball but where did you have it? in the centre circle the majority of the time. We set up slightly differently today we sat more and used our pace on the counter attack behind you slow back line that was rather high. Worked to perfection. We really should have had at least 2 more, Lloris made a few decent saves/interventions and our final ball/pass was lacking at times.

It's confusing for everyone because for once Wenger played a tactical game. Almost unheard of.

The media have been making such a big deal about Tottenham and all their signings, and while I will admit, they are decent signings and I'd probably welcome a few of them at Arsenal. But if you think about it, Spurs have been spending big, big money on players who aren't really world class. The likes of Soldado, Lamela etc. have come from teams like Valencia and Roma, those who Spurs are competing with in the Europa League, not the biggest teams. For that sort of money I'd expect a world beater, a star on the world stage, in the Champions League and at international level.

I think the silly money that Bale went for has inflated the worth of these sorts of players. There is no way he was worth that much, he's really not up to the same class as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, van Persie etc.

I think Lamela has all the potential to be a world-class player. What I've seen from him so far (pre-spurs) has been very good.

Shit weekend of Football for myself. Fucking draw with Gillingham.. and then a loss to Liverpool, in which 90% of the squad didn't even look like they'd got off the coach.

No one was switched on yesterday for United. Take nothing away from Liverpool, they looked a different team altogether in a positive way.

I was really expecting a 2nd half massacre, but nope... 3rd clean sheet for them so congrats to them for that achievement.

Today I'll be at work with Sky Sports news open on one of my monitors, good thing about this place and my team is that I know I won't be the only one, so no fear of getting caught with it open.

Liverpool got 2 of their 3 signings done already this morning.

Llori & Sakho confirmed. Moses left to confirm

United have been teasing with their bids for Herrera, Apparently they've not bid enough to trigger his release clause, but will make that bid soon. I can't understand why not just make the appropriate bid in the first place, rather than dick around under the trigger value.

Moyes gunna Moyes I guess.

United - Baines / Fellani / Herrera

Liverpool - Sakho / Llori / Moses

Arsenal - Ozil / Panic buy 1 / Panic buy 2 / Panic loan 1

Chelsea - Cheque book closed

Man City - Not sure if more players? - Possibly Javi Garcia out on loan

Spurs - Cheque book closed?

Championship Level - QPR - Old Arry Redknapp signing anyone and everyone ;)