NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Liverpool got 2 of their 3 signings done already this morning.

Llori & Sakho confirmed. Moses left to confirm

United have been teasing with their bids for Herrera, Apparently they've not bid enough to trigger his release clause, but will make that bid soon. I can't understand why not just make the appropriate bid in the first place, rather than dick around under the trigger value.

Moyes gunna Moyes I guess.

United - Baines / Fellani / Herrera

Liverpool - Sakho / Llori / Moses

Arsenal - Ozil / Panic buy 1 / Panic buy 2 / Panic loan 1

Chelsea - Cheque book closed

Man City - Not sure if more players? - Possibly Javi Garcia out on loan

Spurs - Cheque book closed?

Championship Level - QPR - Old Arry Redknapp signing anyone and everyone ;)

It's actually ilori, i made the mistake of thinking it was Llori as well at first. :p

He sounds a really exciting talent, and Sakho is someone who will definitely be challenging for a starting place.

United now apparently trying to Hijack Arsenals Ozil transfer...

oooohhh.

But on bad news, Kagawa to PSG rumours are picking up. Don't do it Moyes...

crying.gif

I'm really surprised Moyes hasn't been more active. watching them lot yesterday, they seemed toothless. I struggle to see how your making goals if RVP doesn't do anything spectacular. The midfield is lacking any creative spark, you don't move the ball quick enough. Fellaini would be a good addition but I don't think he's exactly what you need. If I were Hernandez id be getting out of there, he never plays. Does Wellbeck have some sort of dirt on the Utd board? he seems to always player, no matter who's picking the team.

Stay the fuck away from Ozil :heh:

Are you anticipating anything involving Suarez today, @MadDog..? I have a strange feeling that something might happen..

No, nothing. He was at the game yesterday, and we have fought to keep him for months, there's no way we will cave on the last day.

Got to feel sorry for Southampton, having to had renegotiate Bale's original 25% sell on clause when they were in financial troubles so now they get nothing.

Less chances? if you're going by shots then yes but 3/4's of yours were Kyle Walker threatening the nosebleed seats behind the goal. The only thing I remember Chesney doing was saving the deflected shot.

For sure you had more of the ball but where did you have it? in the centre circle the majority of the time. We set up slightly differently today we sat more and used our pace on the counter attack behind you slow back line that was rather high. Worked to perfection. We really should have had at least 2 more, Lloris made a few decent saves/interventions and our final ball/pass was lacking at times.

Come on now. Lloris's saves are part of our defensive game, not a lucky get out of jail free card for a couple of fuck-ups. The high defensive line only works because rushes out whenever a through ball is played though the back line.

And don't kid yourselves, it could easily have gone either way, more possession and shots - and like Lloris Szczesny made a couple of decent saves. Pretty even match. More gutted that Capoue picked up a nasty injury.

The media have been making such a big deal about Tottenham and all their signings, and while I will admit, they are decent signings and I'd probably welcome a few of them at Arsenal. But if you think about it, Spurs have been spending big, big money on players who aren't really world class. The likes of Soldado, Lamela etc. have come from teams like Valencia and Roma, those who Spurs are competing with in the Europa League, not the biggest teams. For that sort of money I'd expect a world beater, a star on the world stage, in the Champions League and at international level.

I think the silly money that Bale went for has inflated the worth of these sorts of players. There is no way he was worth that much, he's really not up to the same class as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, van Persie etc.

Are you saying great players don't exist outside of great teams? Why have Real paid so much for a 'europa league quality player?' Lamela and Soldado are both the best players in very good teams.

Makes more sense to get in some quality medium-priced players than splurge on one player on massive wages (that said I'm still not over missing out on Will.i.an...)

Anyway. Back to hammering f5 on the guardian website. Praying Arsenal don't land Ozil.

Also: Moses is a quality loan signing for Liverpool. Hope he gets more gametime than he did at Chelsea..

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Looks like Ozil is a done deal. Apparently personal terms have now been agreed, just the medical now.

4 teams in England that don't have the a letter from the word 'WINDOW' in their name (from BBC Sport Live text, 11:40am).

Bury

Chelsea

Crystal Palace

Fulham

Unless the 'Football Club' part counts a colleague and I got it in around 15 minutes.

Come on now. Lloris's saves are part of our defensive game, not a lucky get out of jail free card for a couple of fuck-ups. The high defensive line only works because rushes out whenever a through ball is played though the back line.

And don't kid yourselves, it could easily have gone either way, more possession and shots - and like Lloris Szczesny made a couple of decent saves. Pretty even match. More gutted that Capoue picked up a nasty injury.

Are you saying great players don't exist outside of great teams? Why have Real paid so much for a 'europa league quality player?' Lamela and Soldado are both the best players in very good teams.

Makes more sense to get in some quality medium-priced players than splurge on one player on massive wages (that said I'm still not over missing out on Will.i.an...)

Anyway. Back to hammering f5 on the guardian website. Praying Arsenal don't land Ozil.

Also: Moses is a quality loan signing for Liverpool. Hope he gets more gametime than he did at Chelsea..

Seriously.

How could that game have gone either way. You and Dazzy keep going on about more shots, yes shots. Quality chances? next to nothing. Giroud had a couple, Walcott had a couple and Monreal missed an open goal for us. Townsend's deflected shot was it for you.

Possession? yes you had more, again quality possession? next to nothing. You did nothing in the final third.

I've watched the game back 4 times and even taking a neutral view point I really am at a loss to see how you think that game could have gone either way.

Hearing the Ozil deal is almost done. The fanboy inside me is rather happy.

Arsenal have agreed a £42.4m (50m euros) deal with Real Madrid to sign Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23929339

The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms but must undergo a medical before Arsenal can complete what will be a club record signing.

The medical will take place in Germany, where Ozil is on international duty.

Seriously.

How could that game have gone either way. You and Dazzy keep going on about more shots, yes shots. Quality chances? next to nothing. Giroud had a couple, Walcott had a couple and Monreal missed an open goal for us. Townsend's deflected shot was it for you.

Possession? yes you had more, again quality possession? next to nothing. You did nothing in the final third.

I've watched the game back 4 times and even taking a neutral view point I really am at a loss to see how you think that game could have gone either way.

Hearing the Ozil deal is almost done. The fanboy inside me is rather happy.

Can't be arsed to find a gif of it (or you know, watch the game four times over to prove my point) but I'm sure you remember Soldado's shot heading straight for goal and only being kept out by a fluke Giroud shoulder block. Couple of other instances of pinball in the box to go with it.

Got a bit optimistic about the PSG Ozil rumors for a minute there. Bit gutted.

Can't be arsed to find a gif of it (or you know, watch the game four times over to prove my point) but I'm sure you remember Soldado's shot heading straight for goal and only being kept out by a fluke Giroud shoulder block. Couple of other instances of pinball in the box to go with it.

By fluke you mean some balls to wall defending. We should have rolled over and let you score.

Yeah, you had that mad scramble in the box in the 92nd minute, all occurring at the end of the game. Not sure i'd call the Soldado shot a clear chance when you'e got half the team a metre in front of him trying to block it, not sure how it's classed as a 'fluke' if Giroud did what he meant to do.

Anyway, better luck at the Lane :heh:

Everton & Wigan agree fee of £12.5m for McCarthy apparently...

Door being held open for Fellaini to leave then?

This is a shit transfer window if your a Manchester United fan.... Hearing that Di Maria is in advanced talks with Arsenal too really hurts.

Now we're hearing that Arsenal are in advanced talks to sign Di Maria.

And apparently lining up Demba Ba on loan.

Jim White is rolling up to the Sky offices like Tony Stark.

I hope di maria doesn't go anywhere. Madrid will probably out in a cheeky bid for Suarez

And apparently lining up Demba Ba on loan.

Yup, they were talking about Arsenal's enquiry right now on Sky Sports News.

I think Ba would be a good signing. Good goal scoring record in the Premier League. Free to play in Europe?

I think he would. We've definitely got the creativity to provide him with goal-scoring opportunities.

Bolt knows what Man Utd need.

By the way, why isn't Kagawa playing for them?

By the way, why isn't Kagawa playing for them?

That's the question on everyone's lips, he's the creative spark they needed on Sunday but not even on the bench. Who knows maybe United's lack of transfer activity for a creative midfielder means he will get a chance after the international break.

My word there has been absolutely nothing concerning Newcastle. We won't have actually signed anyone by the end of the window, simply acquired Remy on loan. Oh well, at least he's quite good. Keeping Cabaye would be nice as well.

Would love to see Ozil and Di Maria in the premier league!

Of course they're decent signings. They are good players, I don't disagree. I just don't think they are really £30m signings, for me, to be worth that much you need to be world class, and for me, Soldado and Lamela aren't. Erik Lamela has a lot of potential. I think the fact that Spurs were receiving so much above market value for Bale meant that they ended up paying over the odds for their targets.

Anyway, I'm excited about Ozil. I just hope we sign a defender too, we're a bit short in numbers.