NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

it almost seems as if Arsenal are waiting to see if they qualify for the Champions League before sighing anybody. When I saw midfield three on Saturday of my first thought was "lightweight" i don't think the Spanish tic a tac style works in the Prem as it's a much more physical league.

On another note just seen that Lewandowski is in the last year of his contract, Jose stop chasing Rooney and sign this guy, no way Dortmund are going to turn down £40 million if he's walking on a free in 6 months.

really think the transfer market is going to explode in the last week of the window

it almost seems as if Arsenal are waiting to see if they qualify for the Champions League before sighing anybody. When I saw midfield three on Saturday of my first thought was "lightweight" i don't think the Spanish tic a tac style works in the Prem as it's a much more physical league.

On another note just seen that Lewandowski is in the last year of his contract, Jose stop chasing Rooney and sign this guy, no way Dortmund are going to turn down £40 million if he's walking on a free in 6 months.

really think the transfer market is going to explode in the last week of the window

The Arsenal midfield is light, but they potentially just need a defensive midfielder in there, a destroyer in the mould of Vieira who can break up the play and bully teams in midfield.

We still need one of those at United, too. They're rare. It's also probably why both teams are in for Kondogbia.

The Arsenal midfield is light, but they potentially just need a defensive midfielder in there, a destroyer in the mould of Vieira who can break up the play and bully teams in midfield.

We still need one of those at United, too. They're rare. It's also probably why both teams are in for Kondogbia.

Kondogbia is an absolute beast. He should be able to run riot in the middle of the park for any side in the Premier League in a few years.

Kondogbia is an absolute beast. He should be able to run riot in the middle of the park for any side in the Premier League in a few years.

Kondogbia or somebody like Gundogan would have been my first choices. I would love to see Gundogan at United but Dortmund would have to be absolute mugs to let him go, unless we put in a stupid bid for him to which they can't say no.

Basically, if you're playing a midfield three, you need a defensive mid/destroyer, somebody to play the passes and find people, and the final one is the attacker who can support the striker.

Using the players we have:

Defensive mid: ?

Passer: Carrick

Attacker: Kagawa

You could argue that Carrick could be defensive mid and Cleverley could be the pass-finder.

Basically, if (massive if) we actually use Kagawa properly and like he was meant to be used, we only really need one midfielder, somebody to break teams down. Gundogan or Kondogbia would do it for me. Not sure if Fellaini could do it as well as those two. All of this hinges on whether or not we use Kagawa, because if we don't, then we really need 2 midfielders. Maybe even another winger.

Another press conference of lunacy from Wenger, pretty sure he's on the verge of a mental breakdown. "You have to remember all our players are top quality".

Erm. No Arsene, they're not.

Another press conference of lunacy from Wenger, pretty sure he's on the verge of a mental breakdown. "You have to remember all our players are top quality".

Erm. No Arsene, they're not.

I know people are talking about United not strengthening and there are several arguments either way. New manager, new executive, so things will taking time to work as opposed to before, and even then it's a squad that finished first last year and has some promising young players who do need game time (Lingard, Januzaj, Zaha, Jones, De Gea, Welbeck). So, whilst I dislike our lack of activity, I can forgive it and know that it's not the end of the world.

Arsenal, on the other hand, have no fucking excuse. They didn't come anywhere near to challenging for the league or challenging for anything for that matter. They've needed a keeper for such a long time and there are more than worthy candidates that are either in the Premier League or within reach. Why weren't they in for Mignolet or Cesar? Even a bid for Begovic would have been worth it.

You can forgive somebody if they make a mistake in the transfer window and don't bring in players immediately. We know Wenger can do it as he's done it before, but...too many mistakes and a lack of action. Arsenal are falling short behind their rivals and Tottenham are continually spending money to try to close that gap, as are Liverpool.

I'm not sure what Arsenal are trying to prove, or what Arsene is doing. They're meant to be a well run club and, as is evident with the likes of Chelsea, City, Spurs and Liverpool going out and spending money (even United with Zaha earlier this year), there's plenty of talent out there. I heard Ian Wright the other day talking about Luis Suarez and saying that if Arsenal wanted him, they should have been serious and not trolled with that 40 million plus a pound deal, which is just fucking retarded.

I have a lot of time and respect for Wenger, because of what he has done for Arsenal and I love the battles that we have against him. But, it's painful to watch this all take place and it's been going on for too long. His mantra is out of date and doesn't even make sense any more. When we destroyed them 8-2 a few years back, our starting age/line-up average age was only half a year more than theirs.

He's stubbornly holding to the view that trophies can be won by honing talent and nurturing from within. This worked years ago, for a club the size of Arsenal, they've spent very little in comparison to others. Unfortunately this doesn't work anymore. It's always going to be hit or miss bringing in lesser known players and hoping they develop well, not everyone is going to be an Henry or Fabregas or Hleb.

It's so much more infuriating when there's so much money that can be invested, yet Wenger insists on playing a massive troll game and offering insulting fees for players. It's a sad time that we're no longer considered equals to the teams we used to destroy. It wasn't long ago every team in football feared playing us. Before Barcelona and Messi came along, the Arsenal way was the definitive way to play football. Sad to see Wenger tarnishing his legacy with every passing day.

Edited by Jon

Professional job from the lads tonight. Should be all but done with three away goals. Now the key is to strengthen and prepare for Fulham.

Ugh.

laurent-koscielny-kicked-in-the-face.gif

Should have been a red card. Dangerous play.

Nani got sent off last year against Madrid for a lesser tackle. I said at the time that there was no consistency.

Was at the game last night against Villa. Was down shed end which was so close to see Terrys handball in pur box that I shouted handball before I even realised I was supporting Chelsea :p we dominated and had good possession but need more penetration.

Was surprised back started as he didn't seem very effective at all. Was impressed with schurrle and lukaku when they came on as well as ginkel.

Really excited for this season given our squad.

Was at the game last night against Villa. Was down shed end which was so close to see Terrys handball in pur box that I shouted handball before I even realised I was supporting Chelsea :p we dominated and had good possession but need more penetration.

Was surprised back started as he didn't seem very effective at all. Was impressed with schurrle and lukaku when they came on as well as ginkel.

Really excited for this season given our squad.

Next time you're at the Bridge could you remind Roman and Mozza that Mata, Hazard, Schurrle, Moses, Lampard are all already on your books and thus 30m for future Spurs legend Will.I.An is a bit gratuitous? It's really ruined my evening.

It's going to be a long, long week..!

Next time you're at the Bridge could you remind Roman and Mozza that Mata, Hazard, Schurrle, Moses, Lampard are all already on your books and thus 30m for future Spurs legend Will.I.An is a bit gratuitous? It's really ruined my evening.

It's going to be a long, long week..!

You forgot Oscar and Van Ginkel. :heh:

It's a joke, though. Chelsea need a striker, why are they going after another attacking midfielder? Ba won't get a game under Mourinho, Torres is arse. Lukaku is the best striker they have at the moment. Schurre and Moses will play on the wings, not up top.

Also forgot De Bruyne. We don't need Willian at all!

Yeah, I'm not sure how Jose is going to fit all of these midfielders in...

So, there's:

Mata

Hazard

Oscar

De Bruyne

Van Ginkel

Moses

Schurrle

Lampard

Ramires

Michael Essien

Obi Mikel

Plus, the youth products. Then, you've got the players out on loan.

Fuck.

Any of those would walk into our team. :o (except Obi and probably Essien these days)

You forgot Oscar and Van Ginkel. :heh:

It's a joke, though. Chelsea need a striker, why are they going after another attacking midfielder? Ba won't get a game under Mourinho, Torres is arse. Lukaku is the best striker they have at the moment. Schurre and Moses will play on the wings, not up top.

True! And Marin, currently out on loan due to oversaturation on attacking mids

willian_2752936.jpg?20120419223939

Was quite happy with the thought of losing Bale yesterday when Willian, Lamela and Contraeo.

Happy to the extent that I went and jynxed it, put a cheeky tenner on Spurs to win the league (At 33 / 1!! Who could ignore those odds?!) And now it has all gone tits up..

Yeah, I'm not sure how Jose is going to fit all of these midfielders in...

So, there's:

Mata

Any of those would walk into our team. :o (except Obi and probably Essien these days)

Word on the rumor mill tonight is Willian has been bought to replace Mata, so a Rooney for Mata one deal will get Rooney to Chelsea...

...The window needs to end so I can stop wasting time reading this total shite.

True! And Marin, currently out on loan due to oversaturation on attacking mids

willian_2752936.jpg?20120419223939

Was quite happy with the thought of losing Bale yesterday when Willian, Lamela and Contraeo.

Happy to the extent that I went and jynxed it, put a cheeky tenner on Spurs to win the league (At 33 / 1!! Who could ignore those odds?!) And now it has all gone tits up..

Word on the rumor mill tonight is Willian has been bought to replace Mata, so a Rooney for Mata one deal will get Rooney to Chelsea...

...The window needs to end so I can stop wasting time reading this total shite.

Rooney for Mata? I would happily carry Rooney on my back all the way from Manchester to London for that deal. Mata is a beast. If Rooney doesn't want to play for us, then that deal would be amazing.

There's also been rumours of Eto'o coming to United, maybe to replace Rooney?

Who would get rid of Mata?! I cannot believe we are buying Willian - we must be selling someone, but I don't know who since people seem happy at Chelsea.

Who would get rid of Mata?! I cannot believe we are buying Willian - we must be selling someone, but I don't know who since people seem happy at Chelsea.

It seems pretty certain now that Willian is going to be at Chelsea this season. All but confirmed.

Obi Mikel will be sold, no doubt. Van Ginkel committed career suicide by going to Chelsea, he'll be gone within a few years. It'll probably be Essien's last season at the club and not too much longer for Lampard either. Even then, it's still too condensed in midfield and I fear for the likes of De Bruyne and the youth coming up. Jose has a bit of a reputation for not developing youth.

I got the feeling from reading Mourinho's quotes on the BBC that he didn't particularly want Willian and the whole transfer was Abramovich.

I did feel it was more of Abramovich's idea as well. Why he didn't get involved for a new striker though is quite strange as I'm sure he'd like to see more goals and not just pass pass pass.

Match of the Day is going to be shite tonight. The only interesting game looks like the Arsenal one, unless Villa turn Liverpool over.