NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I think we can all agree the signing of the summer goes to

joe-kinnear_1002954c.jpg

Joe Kinnear - 'Judge me on my signings'

Let the judging begin so.

W-tothe-A-tothe-N-tothe-K-tothe-E-tothe-R.

Remy on loan. Brilliant. A player who didn't want to come to us before now deigns to sign for us on loan because QPR got relegated. Phew. That's plugged a hole, thank goodness.

W-tothe-A-tothe-N-tothe-K-tothe-E-tothe-R.

Remy on loan. Brilliant. A player who didn't want to come to us before now deigns to sign for us on loan because QPR got relegated. Phew. That's plugged a hole, thank goodness.

Well if we can ignore what happened in January, I do think that is a pretty smart bit of business.

Of course he could end up in jail well before christmas anyway.

Mid table mediocrity would be a real pleasure this season =/

article-2408682-1B978955000005DC-935_634x551.jpg

Was always going to be the case, Don't know why we didn't fucking sign him when he had the £23m release clause, we've just chucked an extra £4.5m away on this,

and apparently the Contreao deal, if that had of gone through, the loan fee would of been £6m. Ridiculous.

What happened with Herrera was embarrassing.

The Contreao thing was so last minute it was it's own joke, if you are that interested in a player get it sorted out.

Man City are the only ones who bought early, knew the players they wanted and got them in June/July.

In all honesty, watching Sky Sports news last night my reactions were very much...

is-this-real-life.jpg

Why were they even after Contreao, not like you don't have enough left backs already. Surely 3 would have been overkill.

No one has said that.

I swear you never read what has been said and live in your own little world.

I didn't mean people on here, I mean in the media and sky sports news, people were saying how well arsenal have done and maybe challenge for the title. Which i think is ridiculous.

Don't be a clown Dazzy.

Fact is Madrid had to recoup money for Bale, Ozil was a way to do that. If they're happy with Modric instead, more fool them.

Just think the damage he's going to do to your lot. I hope for your sake Dawson and Vertonghen learn how to play an offside trap.

Thanks for calling me a clown for having an opinion...it's like the beginning of last season when you said similar things when I said Di Matteo would be the first manager to be sacked and the podolski wouldn't score many goals... (don't know if specifically on the di matteo thing, just remembered you resorting to insults a few times).

And Modric and Ozil are completely different players so why compare, Modric will tick them over in the middle of th park, Ozil plays the Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria, Isco position. They clearly they think they're all better than Ozil.

Dawson hopefully won't be our main defender when Kaboul comes back from injury so no worries there. Vertonghen is one of, if not the, best defenders in the league

Vertonghen is one of, if not the, best defenders in the league

He's no Manu Eboué though.

In Spurs news, I'm finding it baffling that we've loaned out Assou Ekotto considering noone's come in at LB. Sure we've got Rose but he's only just back from loan and Vertonghen can fill in but I'd prefer him in the middle. Bit of a worry-area...

Lol at Dazzy claiming United will struggle for a europa spot.. c'mon now

I wasn't happy about our left back situation ether. He's putting a lot of trust in Rose so hopefully he'll repay that, he did look good for Sunderland but I'm not ultra convinced. As for cover... I guess Naughtong can play there and also Chiriches can play there; with Vert Kaboul and Daws probably ahead of Chiriches maybe he say this as another way of getting games for him and didn't want someone more expeirneced. Obviously Zeki Fryers can play left back from the youth team too; so we certainly have cover, just is it good enough. A bit of a risk but not a huge one.

I'm also slightly worried about our strikers. Defoe is a great sub and that's it for me. Soldado looks perfect for us but again it's backup; Adebayor needs to get match fit and sort his head out and turn it on for us this season, he owes us.

Aside from that I think we have an unbelievable exceptional squad.

And I'm serious about Man u. There are 6 great clubs in the premiership (I actually think Liverpool have bought really well and will do good) I think Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool will be 4th, 5th and 6th and 6th doesn't guarantee Europa. I genuinely believe Man U will struggle this season (relatively)

I didn't mean people on here, I mean in the media and sky sports news, people were saying how well arsenal have done and maybe challenge for the title. Which i think is ridiculous.

Thanks for calling me a clown for having an opinion...it's like the beginning of last season when you said similar things when I said Di Matteo would be the first manager to be sacked and the podolski wouldn't score many goals... (don't know if specifically on the di matteo thing, just remembered you resorting to insults a few times).

And Modric and Ozil are completely different players so why compare, Modric will tick them over in the middle of th park, Ozil plays the Ronaldo, Bale, Di Maria, Isco position. They clearly they think they're all better than Ozil.

Dawson hopefully won't be our main defender when Kaboul comes back from injury so no worries there. Vertonghen is one of, if not the, best defenders in the league

I think the Podolski claim you made was something like 20 league goals or something similar. I don't mean to insult but it's hard when you pop up with these moronic statements every few months :heh:

Saying a player can't be that good because Chelsea didn't sign him is a little bit silly no?

Before he went to Madrid, Modric was primarily known as an attacking midfielder, be it one that didn't have many assists or goals but that's what most people would class him as. You're right though, he'll play the more withdrawn role for Madrid.

what a bizarre window.

2 best strikers went to France, which has to be a concern for the Premier League especially as Bale has moved abroad. Let's be honest there is a real lack of homegrown talent at the moment and our top teams are reliant on the best foreign players to compete in Europe. If these players are no longer coming to the Prem and our best players are leaving it's a worrying sign.

Look at out top teams transfer business:

Man Utd - Best English player wants to leave, signed a good midfielder.

Man City - Have made a host of what looks to be good signings, offloaded a couple of old duffers ( just typing this makes me realise just what good business they have done actually)

Chelsea - Signed a lot of attacking midfielders, without really improving their squad

Arsenal - Broke their transfer record on a position they already have loads of good player, with a player who was being unloaded by his club.

Spurs - Lost their best player, but at least used the money well.

Liverpool - A few average/good signings, but their best player wants to leave.

It's hard to be making any predictions after 3 games. Man City on paper did well but they've been rank on the pitch. Spurs have strengthened well but again struggling to score goals. Man Utd and Arsenal have essentially played with the same squad as last year, we'll see how they fare after the international break. Liverpool have added a lot, they're playing reasonably well, hard to find much fault with them other than the struggle to score goals. We've only really seen Schurrle for Chelsea so far and he's been pretty anonymous but he is real quality.

As much it annoys me we haven't brought in more, it's hard not to be delighted with Özil, he's the best in the world at his position. If Madrid didn't need the cash, we would never have got him. Some of the things i've read this morning would make you believe he's been warming the bench at the Bernabeu for the past few years.

Yeah a backup striker like Ba would've been a very good loan signing for Arsenal. A top-quality CB would've rounded it all off nicely too, but hopefully we can add those in January window/next summer.

Podolski welcoming Ozil.

e3c419b4141811e39e3522000a9f18ab_7.jpg

1233411_742057685805550_531330926_n.jpg

From an England point of view the Ozil signing is great as it'll hopefully mean Wilshere won't be forced to play 50 games this season and be injured/burnt out by the world cup.

Happy with the Liverpool signings. When you see the valuations thrown around for other players I think Rodgers has done good business.

A front 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho:o

I think the Podolski claim you made was something like 20 league goals or something similar. I don't mean to insult but it's hard when you pop up with these moronic statements every few months :heh:

Saying a player can't be that good because Chelsea didn't sign him is a little bit silly no?

Before he went to Madrid, Modric was primarily known as an attacking midfielder, be it one that didn't have many assists or goals but that's what most people would class him as. You're right though, he'll play the more withdrawn role for Madrid.

Yeah and he got 11. So I was absolutely bang on, in fact he did worse than I thought.

And I never said he was a bad player, in fact I said i think he's a great player. I'm just pointing out that Mourinho didn't want to resign him after working with him and Real Madrid were happy to let him go; more a loaded observation.

And Modric has NEVER EVER been an attacking midfielder, he sits in the middle dictating play. He didn't get many assists but usually was the pass before the assist. I think he is an incredible player personally.

It's all going to be interesting, most exciting season in years and years I reckon. Big injuries could be a deciding factor for a lot of teams.

My prediction

Chelsea

Tottenham

Man City

----- (now it gets hard)

Arsenal

Man U

Liverpool

1- Liverpool

2- Chelsea

3- Tottenham

4- Arsenal

Wonder what the odds are on that top 4?

Yeah and he got 11. So I was absolutely bang on, in fact he did worse than I thought.

And I never said he was a bad player, in fact I said i think he's a great player. I'm just pointing out that Mourinho didn't want to resign him after working with him and Real Madrid were happy to let him go; more a loaded observation.

And Modric has NEVER EVER been an attacking midfielder, he sits in the middle dictating play. He didn't get many assists but usually was the pass before the assist. I think he is an incredible player personally.

It's all going to be interesting, most exciting season in years and years I reckon. Big injuries could be a deciding factor for a lot of teams.

My prediction

Chelsea

Tottenham

Man City

----- (now it gets hard)

Arsenal

Man U

Liverpool

I think Podolski did fairly well considering he never really played up top, got a consistent run in the team and did miss a while with injuries. Mourinho did also say Özil was the best no 10 in the world, so I think he's fan, I don't really see how Chelsea could have signed him with logjam they've got and FFP fast approaching.

Reading into things, I don't think Madrid wanted to sell him, you could probably see that from what the fans think of him. They didn't have much of a choice in the end, they needed cash, and a lot of it.

Theres absolutely no way your lot will finish 2nd. Never. Going. To. Happen.

Our new investor has been announced...

HRH Prince Abdullah bin Mossad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud

A Saudi prince. He now owns 50% of the club!

££££££££££££££

I've seen most of these during his games, but it was still nice to watch.

Bendtner's statement:

"It’s no secret that Arsenal and myself had agreed that I could leave the club during the 2013 summer transfer window subject to an agreement between all parties.

An agreement had been reached with more than one club this week but as Arsenal were unable to secure the services of another striker, they reserved their right to not sanction any deal to be concluded…

Naturally, I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to a new challenge, with a new club and a fresh start in English football.

Many things have been said about my where my future lies after many years at Arsenal; the truth is I just want to play football which is when I’m happiest and Arsenal is a fantsstic environment for any professional to apply their trade. I still feel very strongly about Arsenal Football Club and following positive talks with the Manager, I am looking forward to working hard to regain full fitness and doing my very best to help to the team and the Manager fulfil our objectives and ambitions this season.

I’ve learnt a lot from my loan experiences at Sunderland and Juventus and I want to assure all Arsenal fans that I will give everything I have to contribute to what I believe will be a successful season for the club."

Edited by -Dem0-

Our new investor has been announced...

HRH Prince Abdullah bin Mossad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud

A Saudi prince. He now owns 50% of the club!

££££££££££££££

And he won't give a toss about it or the fans.

Richman's play thing.

And he won't give a toss about it or the fans.

Richman's play thing.

I know :sad:

But there is always that hope that some significant investment gets pumped in.

As much as I despise Wednesday it is a sad state of affairs to see both Sheffield clubs in the state that they are in.

Happy with the Liverpool signings. When you see the valuations thrown around for other players I think Rodgers has done good business.

A front 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho:o

Easily one of the best front 3s in the league.

We've got 3 wins from 3, and we have still got our best player to come back. So excited for this season. :)

Liverpool have certainly surprised me the most so far. Mignolet has been superb between the sticks too!

Classic liverpool and Spurs over optimism in this thread at the beginning of the season. Let's see how it pans out... I predict neither in Top 4