NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I can't believe that Arsenal's transfer record before now was Sylvain Wiltord...

Our record fee is undisclosed, every fee is undisclosed. We don't open our fees for anyone.

Number11.jpg

Instant Fail. Umlaut on the "O" please! What have you signed up for Mesut if they can't even spell your name correctly?

Edited by Wii

I can't actually believe it. Arsenal spent £42m on a player, the second most expensive (incoming) transfer in English football ever.

Can't wait to see what he can do.

James McCarthy has signed for Everton so they might greenlight the Fellaini transfer.

James McCarthy has signed for Everton so they might greenlight the Fellaini transfer.

A bid has been accepted, it's not been completed yet?

I can't actually believe it. Arsenal spent £42m on a player, the second most expensive (incoming) transfer in English football ever.

Can't wait to see what he can do.

Cazorla, Wilshere and Özil linking up. I'll go get the tissues.

In other news...

Welbeck has just signed for Tesco.

Welbeck.png

Have Man Utd signed Fellaini?

That's what I'm hearing at the moment.

Edited by -Dem0-

The Daily Mail are claiming that the Fellaini deal has been done for £27.5m. That's a few quid more than the release clause they allowed to expire.

blackadder-sarcastic-clap-o.gif

Well done, Arsenal. You wanted the player and you got him, no matter the price. If he takes off in England, that'll be a bargain in the long term.

haah, bargain! Never. Interesting Chelsea have signed a few attacking, creative midfielders and he didn't want Ozil. Real Madrid didn't want ozil. He's a great player, he'll have a good season no doubt; but Arsenal are lacking in some massive areas, can't believe this one signing has just made everyone think Arsenal have done great. Bizarre.

Though I love this, from the bbc stream:

The social media world has got extremely excited by Arsenal's record transfer deal. Mesut Ozil has now been mentioned on Twitter over 3 million times today. Gareth Bale, in comparison, has been mentioned just over 800,000 times.

haah, bargain! Never. Interesting Chelsea have signed a few attacking, creative midfielders and he didn't want Ozil. Real Madrid didn't want ozil. He's a great player, he'll have a good season no doubt; but Arsenal are lacking in some massive areas, can't believe this one signing has just made everyone think Arsenal have done great. Bizarre.

No one has said that.

I swear you never read what has been said and live in your own little world.

Don't be a clown Dazzy.

No Arsenal fan thinks we've done great, we're painfully aware about the problems we still have in the squad. Why would Chelsea sign Ozil? he wasn't available until 2 days ago, Chelski have about 15 midfielders as it is. Ozil is comfortably amongst the best players in the world at his position. I wouldn't for a second take any of Chelsea's midfielder ahead of him, I'd be shocked if anyone would.

Fact is Madrid had to recoup money for Bale, Ozil was a way to do that. If they're happy with Modric instead, more fool them.

Just think the damage he's going to do to your lot. I hope for your sake Dawson and Vertonghen learn how to play an offside trap.

Contreao..... Fucking Contreao on a season long loan. And to top it off its now reported that this loan may not happen due to late timing.

So felllaini it is. Wonder how Baines is feeling.

Contreao..... Fucking Contreao on a season long loan. And to top it off its now reported that this loan may not happen due to late timing.

So felllaini it is. Wonder how Baines is feeling.

A lot of pressure on Cleverley to step it up this season. Man Utd's midfield looks so bland, which means they'll probably score a record amount of goals or something equally absurd.

Just read what Ronaldo has to say on Bale:

"I have my opinion about Bale, but I will not go public with it."

Well done Cristiano. Just confirming what most of the world thinks of you, you're a spoilt prima donna pr!€k.

Ozil's a quality purchase, even for such a high price. Probably not in the position you Goons most needed to buy in but he'll still improve the team for sure.

My question: why did Ozil want to go to Arsenal? I know his wages will probably have skyrocketed, but he's going from being a starter in a top top club to go to a club that haven't won anything for a long time, are barely scraping a champions league qualifying spot each year, and haven't exactly added a host of great talent recently.

Don't mean this in a snarky way, but a genuine question (Going to Spurs would for a Spanish player appear to be even more of a step down, of course, not being CL regulars).

In Spurs news, I'm finding it baffling that we've loaned out Assou Ekotto considering noone's come in at LB. Sure we've got Rose but he's only just back from loan and Vertonghen can fill in but I'd prefer him in the middle. Bit of a worry-area...

Lol at Dazzy claiming United will struggle for a europa spot.. c'mon now

Ozil's a quality purchase, even for such a high price. Probably not in the position you Goons most needed to buy in but he'll still improve the team for sure.

My question: why did Ozil want to go to Arsenal? I know his wages will probably have skyrocketed, but he's going from being a starter in a top top club to go to a club that haven't won anything for a long time, are barely scraping a champions league qualifying spot each year, and haven't exactly added a host of great talent recently.

Don't mean this in a snarky way, but a genuine question (Going to Spurs would for a Spanish player appear to be even more of a step down, of course, not being CL regulars).

In Spurs news, I'm finding it baffling that we've loaned out Assou Ekotto considering noone's come in at LB. Sure we've got Rose but he's only just back from loan and Vertonghen can fill in but I'd prefer him in the middle. Bit of a worry-area...

Lol at Dazzy claiming United will struggle for a europa spot.. c'mon now

From what he's said, he's going to somewhere where's he genuinely wanted and will be worshipped by the fans, he also mentioned the chance to play for Wenger. For all the stick Wenger get's he must be a dream to play for. He never criticises his players and his stubborn belief in them isn't always a bad thing.

I think he knew he was slipping down the pecking order at Madrid. Chance to be the main man, something he's never had at Madrid was probably appealing

Lukaku to Everton on loan... I'd have rather kept him! Sod it, I'm sure this season is Torres' season! :laughing:

I think we can all agree the signing of the summer goes to

030913kinnear.jpg

"I’m head and shoulders above every other director of football," Kinnear bragged in July, yet while Tottenham’s Franco Baldini deservedly had a day off having spent over £100m this summer, Kinnear curiously failed to bring in a single player on deadline day, meaning Loic Remy, on loan, is Newcastle’s only significant signing of the summer. Fans’ worst fears were realised as Kinnear’s hollow boasts were exposed, his contacts book failing to generate a new arrival as questions were raised over his competence once again. Just what was he doing all day?

Joe Kinnear - "Judge me on my signings"

Let the judging begin so.

Edited by Wii