NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

I think you have to divide by 2 before you consider the value of anyone bought during this transfer window.

I've been away for a bit, but it seems Arsenal are set to make an announcement at 4:30pm. Perhaps they're confirming the Ozil deal?

EDIT:

Sky Sports:

"Arsenal & Real Madrid could confirm Ozil deal at 6pm"
Edited by -Dem0-

Mata in talks with PSG, I don't understand that from Chelsea, wasn't he voted there best player two years in a row.

504136c8-2e00-46e6-b653-130969b2c50b_500.jpg

Guess who? You just can't hide that Sideshow Bob hair. Poor attempt at sneaking Fellaini into Old Trafford.

Arsenal have signed Emiliano Viviano on a season-long loan.

I guess Ozil's top top quality will have to cover this one.

Unless something absolutely phenomenal happens tonight, we have to say that United have been utterly fucking dreadful in this transfer window. I can't remember a worse transfer window for us.

Fellaini. It was so brutally obvious that Moyes wanted him, so why didn't he get him much earlier? Worse still, we actually missed the deadline to buy him at a cheaper price. So, if we do get him, he's more expensive than he would have been, later than he would have been, and he's not necessarily the player we need.

Thiago Alcantara. If we really, really, really wanted him, we should have been quicker and not fucked around with the transfer. Bayern got the deal sorted in barely a day...what were we doing for weeks?

Fabregas. Dear lord. If we were serious about him, again we should have gone in and not made a joke bid of 25 million or whatever it was.

Baines. We don't need him. Why are we going after him?

De Rossi. If you're serious about a player, you go out there and you get them. Tottenham have done this with the likes of Eriksen and Soldado. You've got to be fucking bullish when it comes to transfer and you can't argue over a few measly quid.

Herrera: First bid rejected. Second bid apparently rejected. If we get this done, then we are extremely fucking lucky. I feel that we've left it too late.

We haven't got the luxury to bargain so much when this is an area that desperately needs fixing. It needs fixing, so we should have looked to sort this out quickly, get the new players in and allow the team time to gel. Doing things last minute like this is nonsense.

I wonder if replacing the Chief Executive and Manager at the same time was a wise move. It clearly hasn't worked, although I'm more inclined to blame Woodware than Moyes on this one. If Arsenal get Ozil and we get nobody, then we'll have to look at this as a disaster.

This is rather brilliant – http://www.whatbaleearns.co.uk. Essentially a counter of how much dosh Gareth Bale has pocketed since signing for Real (if we take the time of the signing as 12.30pm). By 2pm he could buy a Suzuki Swift. By 2.47pm it was a lifetime supply of baked beans.

Victor Moses says hello?

Victor Moses is shit.

Hopefully Wenger has bigger plans than Ba.

BBC Sport's Chief Football Writer Phil McNulty

EVERTON UPDATE

"We reported earlier today that Marouane Fellaini was ready to push hard for his move from Everton to Manchester United if there were any signs of the deal faltering. It looks like he has pushed with an official transfer request - with less than four hours left in the window.

"Everton have a lot of business to do. And will need to do it very quickly."

Nice Marouane, real nice. I hope someone gives your ugly head a pink mohawk while you're sleeping.

It's a matter of IF and not WHEN for the Ozil transfer to be confirmed. 5yr contract.

It's a matter of IF and not WHEN for the Ozil transfer to be confirmed. 5yr contract.

Don't you mean the other way round?

I think "It's not a matter of IF but WHEN" is the phrase you were looking for :)

Got to admit, this confirmation is taking some time. If we don't get it done, we're in trouble.

I have visions of someone 'losing' the paperwork or being one number out on the fax number and it not getting done.

Our summer recruitment would be Emiliano Viviano.

/cry.

AS claiming Manchester United Di Maria bid causing them to reconsider selling Ozil at the 11th hour. Imagine the $h!tstorm tomorrow if Man Utd's move for Di Maria means Ozil doesn't join Arsenal.

AS claiming Manchester United Di Maria bid causing them to reconsider selling Ozil at the 11th hour. Imagine the $h!tstorm tomorrow if Man Utd's move for Di Maria means Ozil doesn't join Arsenal.

Doesn't sound viable considering we enquired about both and the rumour is Ancelotti rated Di Maria's worth to the team higher than Ozil's.

Don't you mean the other way round?

I think "It's not a matter of IF but WHEN" is the phrase you were looking for :)

Yeah, thanks :p

Very tired.

Looks like the Herrera deal is hitting bureaucratic problems. Apparently, we can go up until 12 with special dispensation and parts of the deal can be sorted out afterwards, something to do with meeting the buy-out clause of his deal.

Either way, I don't like this leaving it til the last minute business. I'm about 60% sure we won't get him and Fellaini will be it. Make that 70%.