N-Europe

Google Glass

Happenstance

When this finally comes out properly do any of you actually see yourselves buying a pair? I do love new tech and this just seems like an almost sci-fi level jump so if they got a bit of a redesign I think I would probably get myself a pair, despite not needing them at all or living a life interesting enough that it would matter.

Will Smith from Tested.com recording the Giant Bomb guys using Google Glass:

Tested.com article on the glasses:

http://www.tested.com/tech/smartphones/456428-living-glass-picking-and-learning-use-googles-project-glass-explorer-edition/

These things are prolly gonna be expensive I assume?

I'd be interested just for the video cam feature, would allow me to do more POV vids driving my motor bike which I'd like to do more of but my current helmet cam is just a hassle to set up I've only ever used it like 3 times (good thing its not actually mine, brother in law gave it to me for free :)) and the quailty aint great but the picture quality of this seems pretty good and the sound too.

So yeah I'd be interested for the right price

I think it should come down in price significantly when the proper product comes out. If they manage to get loads of serious apps involved and integrated to create some cool things AND if I have the money lying around, I might get it. But I do like it as a product.

Google said they will make the price more affordable for when they release it to the public, the prototype ones where expensive because they're... prototypes. Also I think Google deliberately made them expensive/difficult to obtain to put most people off from applying.

But yeah, thinking about picking up a pair when it's released (depending on price).

It's akin to someone constantly walking around with their phone up to their eyes and always looking through the camera viewfinder. A little creepy.

It's more like looking at their phone, without the camera on. Anyone could take anyone's picture while walking around. If they did it would be creepy but walking around with your phone isn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

they look amazing, i'd be really interested in owning a set - BUT - there's no chance in heck that i'll be an early adopter of glass. if nintendo and apple have taught me anything, it's to wait it out for the 2nd or 3rd versions of things like this to be released, then either buy new or snap up a cheaper v1 set.

may be waiting a while, though...

• 10 months later...