NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

So why did you!

Probably because they were the only place stocking the Wii U version because of the current ongoing lack of sales/third party situation. ::shrug:

[/off-topic]

Well, regardless of where people get this game from, I'm sure it will turn out to be another well made Mario title which many people will enjoy, it's also what the console needs at the moment so maybe things will be on the up come Christmas time, we'll see. :)

For now... I'm actually really looking forward to playing this and that's coming from someone who's buying a PS4 which releases on the same day, I'm just glad that I have some time off to enjoy all of these brilliant titles but I hope that Mario at least arrives a day early so that I can properly devote some real play-time to it. :D

So why did you!

Probably because they were the only place stocking the Wii U version because of the current ongoing lack of sales/third party situation. ::shrug:

Pretty much what S.C.G said. Most of us on here had a nightmare trying to get a copy of the game in any store. GAME only stocked 2 copies of the Wii U version.

Anyone else can't decide which to play first between this and Zelda? I don't like to play two games at the same time.

Anyone else can't decide which to play first between this and Zelda? I don't like to play two games at the same time.

Doesn't Zelda come out a whole week before? (unless I'm mistaken)

That'll be enough time to finish the main game surely? :)

Doesn't Zelda come out a whole week before? (unless I'm mistaken)

That'll be enough time to finish the main game surely? :)

No way, I like to take my time with a big game, especially Zelda! :) Hate the thought of rushing through a game just to start another one. I'll probably leave Mario for around Christmas time.

Yup. Can't decide which to get (can only afford one at the minute anyway). Might go with Zelda as the Wii U has maxed me out on platformers recently.

Nearly every video I've seen has had problems with the depth perception crossing that bridge at the end of the level. Someone always seems to fall off. The perspective does look very strange at times.

The guy even says he was looking at the wrong character. The way he casually walks off the wrong side surely makes it obvious it wasn't down to depth perception? They're all over the place.

Well Zelda comes out a week before, so Zelda :)

The guy even says he was looking at the wrong character. The way he casually walks off the wrong side surely makes it obvious it wasn't down to depth perception? They're all over the place.
It happens in other videos too like the Gameexplain ones, was my point.

Whenever I look at that part of the level I do struggle a little with it, it's like the camera is too low or something. There's a moment in the first Uncharted a bit like that where you have to run across winding wooden bridges.

I think I might need that GAME exclusive slip case but I've got my pre-order with The Hut at £34. Is it worth £11? The sensible part of me is screaming that it isn't but... cat Mario!

It happens in other videos too like the Gameexplain ones, was my point.

Whenever I look at that part of the level I do struggle a little with it, it's like the camera is too low or something. There's a moment in the first Uncharted a bit like that where you have to run across winding wooden bridges.

It does beg the question of whether this sort of viewpoint will work as well without stereoscopic 3D. 3D Land benefited from that enormously - in fact it was its calling card.

Just not sure multiplayer vids from gaming sites where they're dicking around are the best way to gauge it.

Game just looks better and better.

That PS4 I am getting really isnt going to get used much over the holiday period. Mario, Zelda, One Piece, Bravely Default mean a stacked holiday season for me.

Here’s A Captain Toad Level From Super Mario 3D World Shown For The First Time

Back in October we covered a story in which IGN revealed the existence of a new alternate mode in Super Mario 3D World, called The Adventures of Captain Toad. Now a level from this new mode has been revealed for the first time. The new level features Captain Toad, who featured prominently in the Galaxy series, attempting to climb some terrain that’s infested with enemies, all while lacking the ability to jump. Players have to shift the camera in 360 degrees around the world in order to uncover all the secrets and paths necessary for Toad to traverse. These levels are very puzzle-like in nature, and the object is to collect all of the stars in each level. What do you think of the new Captain Toad levels?

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=mFvNQT2TcjY

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/07/heres-a-captain-toad-level-from-super-mario-3d-world-shown-for-the-first-time/

Man, this game just keeps getting better. I would have liked this to be the first new Mario game I played on Wii U (reason I ordered it!), but my console will be coming in a few days with Mario/Luigi U. New Mario Bros 2 (gold one) kind of put me off this series of games.

Another video from Eurogamer, this time going over some of the uses for the Gamepad throughout one of the game's levels...

Glad to see them making some creative uses of the Gamepad. I was worried that they would be making very little use of it, seeing as how they've shown off very little Gamepad usage so far.

Nice to see that's not the case (and it's also nice to see some more asymmetric gameplay on offer here). Hope they went all out with more crazy concepts like this! :D

Multiplayer is the only way to play this. It's so dull in single player. I think three players is optimal, not too chaotic.

Completed it yesterday with Ashley. Apart from the last level where the camera became absolutely infuriating, it's a good game. I think way too short overall considering how bite-size the levels feel but if you aren't bothered by that (and I wasn't because my attention span is lacking) it a worthy purchase.

HUWAAAAAAAAAA!!?

wwe-gif.gif

This thread is becoming so full of spoilers I'm staying out of it!

So many worlds, screens, cheats revealed already!

Until launch - I'm out!