Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 8

Ike

I still think the Blooper was useless in the handheld games. When did you ever get that item and think "Oh neat, this will give the people ahead of me a hard time"? At least in Wii, there was a chance that a ink splodge would cover up an obstacle/item, causing someone to hit it.

Well that's why it comes up so often :p All the best items never come up when you actually need them ;)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's why it comes up so often :p All the best items never come up when you actually need them ;)

Well, there's "best" and then there's "absolutely useless"

At least a banana still has a use even in second-to-last place. (Yes, I know the chances of getting that are extremely low, possibly even impossible, but work with me here)

I just found out that we'll get the free game deal here in Sweden as well. Although, we won't get the free game until late July.

Not sure if I should get Pikmin or Wonderful 101. What do you guys think? Worth mentioning is that I've never owned a Pikmin game before.

And of course, I hope you'll be able to unlock the pipe frame quite early.

Edited by Hogge

I just found out that we'll get the free game deal here in Sweden as well. Although, we won't get the free game until late July.

Not sure if I should get Pikmin or Wonderful 101. What do you guys think? Worth mentioning is that I've never owned a Pikmin game before.

Pikmin 3, easily.

They're literally indistinguishable from each other. As half-way bosses they're fine, as roster fodder they're a pain.

Completely agree. They are the most generic of Mario characters, as are the formulaic 3-hit battles you engage them in. There is literally nothing likeable or good to say about them.

No one has anything to worry about because when you're in that race, all the design issues the game has - everything screamingly illogical about the Wii U, too - it all melts away. MK8 is brilliant.

No one has anything to worry about because when you're in that race, all the design issues the game has - everything screamingly illogical about the Wii U, too - it all melts away. MK8 is brilliant.

I hope you're right, otherwise I'm comin' fo' yoo.

*Kryptonite arrows at the ready*

You know why they removed the map? So you can't see the AI rubberbanding up your ass.

I fucking loved testing that at Wuhu Mountain Loop on MK7. I performed the glitch perfectly to skip most of the track and watched the computer controlled players ramp the speed up to insane levels.

I fucking loved testing that at Wuhu Mountain Loop on MK7. I performed the glitch perfectly to skip most of the track and watched the computer controlled players ramp the speed up to insane levels.

Same thing happens if you take the super shortcut in Wario Stadium in MK64... Somehow they're magically able to catch up to you even when you're half a lap ahead :laughing:

I still think the Blooper was useless in the handheld games. When did you ever get that item and think "Oh neat, this will give the people ahead of me a hard time"? At least in Wii, there was a chance that a ink splodge would cover up an obstacle/item, causing someone to hit it.

i think the blooper should completely cover the screen for a couple of seconds, forcing the player to either hit the brakes or risk falling off the side and lose more time. In MKWii it was just pointless, only mildly annoying if you go hit with it and utterly useless as a weapon.

MEGATON!... For me at least :heh:

I just noticed the Donut Plains 3 track adds the whistle instrument when you are in first.

Awesome. :yay::yay::yay:

I was disappointed with the music on Donut Plains because the samba whistle was missing, but that changes everything.

Getting so fed up of waiting for this game though... :zzz::mad:

Exactly. :(
It's actually starting to kill the buzz a bit now. :angry: Really hope Nintendo don't pull this shit again, not that I'd ever anticipate another Wii U game as much as MK8 anyway... :hmm:

I mean if there was ever a time when they needed to stick to their "quick announcement/launch" thingy it was now. The Wii U hasn't seen a decent retail game in months, and they seem to think this is a good idea:

CuECUjW.jpg

:indeed:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!