NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Edit: Oh and why would you want more stamps? They're beyond useless. No harm I guess but I don't need nor want them.

Same reason why I love trophies and achievements, I enjoy unlocking stuff and having targets to meet while I game.

The European names are a bit different for some of them:

Koopa City (not Neo Bowser City, why? Isn't it called that in the 3DS version?)

Wild Woods (not Nature Road)

Super Bell Subway (Not Rin Rin Metro)

So who thinks they might announce more DLC packs at E3?

I wouldn't be surprised or even be angry over it, especially if the pricing structure is the same.

I think it depends on how much time/effort it takes to create these tracks and if the payoff is worth it. It also depends on whether they have another racer on the cards, such as F-Zero/Excite/Wave Race/Diddy Kong.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Neo Bowser City is a great track, don't understand the complaint. Better than the stupid cheese track or ANY dessert track!

I would love more DLC personally, new packs every 3 months though, 6 months is a bit much. Even if it was just a new cup and character every 3 months. Same amount of content, spread out.

As for F Zero, I actually think this is them acknowledging the popularity, though maybe not for wii u, but just maybe for the next console!

Also think it would be nice if they kept updating it - battle mode, in race voice chat etc they really could turn this into the ultimate mario kart!

I was thinking how I'd love to see more but I guess they can't do too much then end up running out of ideas for the next batch of MK games (even though they're probably years off).

I haven't even watched any videos of what tracks are coming, so it will all be a complete surprise to me when I play. Just how I like MK!!

All the tracks look amazing, but that barrier on Baby Park is a bit of a bummer... I suppose that you'll have the frantic nature of 12 player 200CC Anti-grav gameplay to make up for it, but without the giant Bowser Shells and green shells passing over to each side as you race, it's not gonna be the same... (hopefully you can still throw bananas and bobombs over the barrier at least!)

Also, while I'm ecstatic to see them finally bring back my two favourite courses from Super Circuit (good to see them doing good by that game after only giving it one single course in the base MK8), I get that feeling that those awesome shortcuts that made those tracks fun in the first place are gonna get the axe...

They still all look great regardless though!

Edited by Dcubed

Ribbon Road and Baby Park look absolutely spectacular. Wow :bowdown: Imagine how much work they would put into all this if they didn't think the Wii U was dead[/sarcasm]

Fantastic update.

Baby Park is 7 laps long.

The names of the new vehicles are:

Bone Rattler (Bike), City Tripper (Bike), Streetle (Kart), P-Wing (Kart).

Edited by Wii

Big Blue. They be trollin' :p

Surely they're testing the waters for a new F-Zero.

SURELY!?

The music for Rin Rin Metro is damn good.
Yeah, beautiful track. :love:

And really nice to see Kazumi Totaka joining in for that recording on vibraphone. :bowdown:

Looks like they forgot to credit him at the end of the vid though. :woops::heh:

IGTOnov.jpg

Jaw. Dropping.

Yeah, I adore that picture. It kind of symbolises perfectly what Nintendo are all about. Bright, colourful and playful games.

Another image of it:

eWkSFeB.jpg

Note the multiple Yarn Yoshi Amiibo.

Holy crap at that Ribbon Road!

Spectacular!

If one of the new bikes is inward drift, that's me happy.

I am kinda miffed that F-Zero got another track. I kinda wanted another series get a track.

I'm sure it will be great, but it's a bit of a missed opportunity.

I can't decide if another F-Zero track is hinting at an F-Zero game (similar to how all the Majora's Mask hints led to a 3D remake) or if they're just trying to pacify the F-Zero fans with a couple of tracks.

I can't decide if another F-Zero track is hinting at an F-Zero game (similar to how all the Majora's Mask hints led to a 3D remake) or if they're just trying to pacify the F-Zero fans with a couple of tracks.

Hard to say. I think both points are valid.

I do agree with Glen though that another series could, and perhaps should, have seen representation over another F-Zero track.

Baby. Fucking. Park.

I'm longing for it even more to see how it fares with the current issue of the first couple of places tending to roar ahead. It'd be so chaotic that even they can't escape.

BASED NINTENDO.

BRING ON THE 200CC CHAOS.

Mario Kart 8 DLC: Big Blue Gameplay (60fps - Full Race)

Mario Kart 8 200cc DLC: Ribbon Road GBA Gameplay (60fps - Full Race)

Mario Kart 8 DLC: Super Bell Subway Gameplay (60fps - Full Race)

Mario Kart 8 DLC: Wild Woods Gameplay (60fps - Full Race)

Mario Kart 8 DLC & 200cc - Hands-On Preview (Big Blue, Wild Woods, Ribbon Road, & Super Bell Subway)

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost