NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I'm really looking forward to the 200cc mode, it's exactly the sort of thing I've been wanting to see a kart game. Still want a new F-Zero though.

Nintendo's DLC is surprisingly actually pretty good across the board so far in it's content/price ratio. It's a breath of fresh air compared to CoD-esque £10 for four maps on day-1.

When I first played the f-zero track I was thinking, it was great when you were fresh off a turbo, but the in between bits felt sluggish. Now I wonder how it will feel in 200cc!

Mario Kart 8 - 200cc vs 150cc - Dolphin Shoals (Wii U)

Mario Kart 8 - 200cc - Grumble Volcano (Wii U)

They're gonna have to build specific 200cc tracks... It's makes them look too small!

I was just wondering, won't 200cc put it more in the range of Mario Kart Wii since everyone found 150cc to be more sluggish in Mario Kart 8 than in Mario Kart Wii?

I downloaded the first DLC pack with thanks to the Stars Catalogue, and I raced with Link

on a Motorcycle

in Mario Kart...

:blank:

Edited by Fused King

I was just wondering, won't 200cc put it more in the range of Mario Kart Wii since everyone found 150cc to be more sluggish in Mario Kart 8 than in Mario Kart Wii?

I downloaded the first DLC pack with thanks to the Stars Catalogue, and I raced with Link

on a Motorcycle

in Mario Kart...

:blank:

Link's setup looks the part but it's like controlling a wild bronco on that bike. What do you think of the tracks? My favourite is probably SNES Rainbow Road followed by either Hyrule Castle or Wario's Gold Mine.

Link's setup looks the part but it's like controlling a wild bronco on that bike. What do you think of the tracks? My favourite is probably SNES Rainbow Road followed by either Hyrule Castle or Wario's Gold Mine.

The trick is to not use Link or the hylian wheels with it.

I use Medium Mii with wooden wheels and it handles like a dream!

But Hyrule Circuit is definitely my favourite DLC track, excited to see if the next batch can top it. (Yeah, I know you didn't ask me)

The trick is to not use Link or the hylian wheels with it.

I use Medium Mii with wooden wheels and it handles like a dream!

But Hyrule Circuit is definitely my favourite DLC track, excited to see if the next batch can top it. (Yeah, I know you didn't ask me)

Yes you're right I didn't ask you. :heh: But I'm interested in everyones opinion of the tracks. You are also never allowed suggest a bike themed night again in the league after destroying us. :grin:

Yes you're right I didn't ask you. :heh: But I'm interested in everyones opinion of the tracks. You are also never allowed suggest a bike themed night again in the league after destroying us. :grin:

You ever stop to think that's how I must feel every time I have to switch to outward drift for other theme nights?

Now you know my pain!

That said, we haven't had a Link night suggested, have we? It wouldn't be because you lot can't handle the majesty of the inward drift, would it?

Might have to fix that in the future...

I do love Hyrule Circuit, although always feel the music is a bit too quiet - which actually led me to discover there is no option, that I could find, to change the volume of the sound effects or music.

Hope we get some more MK 64 tracks redone. That was always my favourite Mario Kart, although this one is a close second.

Mario Kart 8 - 200cc vs 150cc Head-to-Head Comparison

I really don't like the music in Hyrule Circuit, too rock-like. Reminds me of Hyrule Warriors which isn't really a good thing.

I have yet to play them all.

Only did the Egg Cup real quick late at night yesterday on the GamePad.

Let's See:

Yoshi Circuit - Just like I remembered it and with great Double Dash music to boot :D

Excite Bike Stage - Seems like mad fun on a League Night and gave me that Baby Park feel.

Mute City - DAT AIN'T NO F-ZERO!

Dragon Stage - Great aesthetic, great music, but by god a lot of turning and twisting makes it quite difficult.

I quite like Link's poses and random 'HYEAH!', but it feels so weird that he is in a Mario Kart game and the likes of Wart or Prof. E. Gadd or even Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong/Cranky Kong are not.

Must get back into this again.

That vid gave me major goose bumps at the end of the latest Nintendo Direct... Still does when I watch it now. :grin:

Have to admit, I was thinking it could be something else when they were lingering on Super Mario Kart for so long. :heh:

Anyway, can't believe 200cc is finally happening. :yay:

The way it changes up/creates new shortcuts is amazing, it seems as though it's going to feel like playing a new game! :awesome:

Next DLC also looks rad, and bringing the release date forward was the icing on the cake. :)

New amiibo costumes too! :bouncy:

Annoyed that there's no Pikachu one though, especially as Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-Man are now included. :blank:@Serebii, why no Poké costumes you reckon?

I thought they were finally going to announce the return of Reverse Mode in which you go through the stages the other way around.

Have to admit, I was thinking it could be something else when they were lingering on Super Mario Kart for so long. :heh:

Yeh.. I was initially thinking that we might be getting a proper SNES-style battle mode. That really would be the cake fully iced.. and it would be delicious :grin:

As for the upcoming DLC, I was a little intrigued by them not showing 2 of the new vehicles. Could they possibly have given too much of a hint towards a couple of the new tracks..?

The Animal Crossing track has me confident that whatever is in the pipeline is likely to be extremely tasty. What a yummy cake! Ice touch!

but it feels so weird that he is in a Mario Kart game and the likes of Wart or Prof. E. Gadd or even Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong/Cranky Kong are not.

this.

:hug:

I thought they were finally going to announce the return of Reverse Mode in which you go through the stages the other way around.

I was going to say that would require a little work, before realising it would just be a case of adding/removing a few ramps and jumps.

200cc.. I'm wondering if it will still hold a steady 60fps? Also looking at one or two parts, I wonder if 200cc was originally intended.. there are a couple of points in those videos that seem just a bit too perfect to be a coincidence.

I'm still hoping for a full battle mode... and a few more snes tracks!

As for the upcoming DLC, I was a little intrigued by them not showing 2 of the new vehicles. Could they possibly have given too much of a hint towards a couple of the new tracks..?
Yeah, I was expecting them to show a bit more of the DLC.

Mind you, would much prefer for it to be a surprise, even though that's highly unlikely, as there are bound to be vids showing everything from the DLC a week or so before it goes live, and I'm (stupidly) bound to watch them. :heh:

I want the Pac-man amiibo just for that costume haha

@RedShell, I originally thought the whole ownership thing was the issue but now Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-man have representation, I have no idea.

I want the Pac-man amiibo just for that costume haha
Hehehe. Good luck finding one. :D

@RedShell, I originally thought the whole ownership thing was the issue but now Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-man have representation, I have no idea.
Hmm... Well I suppose there's always a chance they could introduce more costumes based on wave 1 amiibo at a later date, if Villager is anything to go by.

Hehehe. Good luck finding one. :D

Will just tell my friend who has a preorder to bring his next time he's in town :p

Yeah, I was expecting them to show a bit more of the DLC..

Likewise.. though I'm kinda glad now that they didn't :smile: We saw enough to whet our appetite so there's still plenty of excitement to build for the unknown :grin:

A Starfox track with Arwing vehicle would be nice :heh:

Still hoping for a Splatoon track. It would show even more faith in the franchise than amiibo already gives it, plus the new StreetPass Plaza hat.

A Starfox track with Arwing vehicle would be nice :heh:

Similar to DLC Pack 1, I expect there'll be 2 franchises represented with 2 tracks and 2 vehicles. Starfox is an ideal candidate as it has speed and vehicles. It'll give the franchise some promotion before Starfox Wii U arrives as well. Just guessing but I can picture it taking place in space, hurtling through space. It'll be like Mount Wario with a start and an end goal. It'd start off with boosting down a launch tunnel with things like avoiding asteroids and racing over the top of space ships and maybe going around the belts of planets similar to Saturn.