NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I can't believe we haven't seen a Pikachu costume yet, seems like a no brainer to me.

How likely will we see a Sonic track in the new DLC I wonder?

I can't believe we haven't seen a Pikachu costume yet, seems like a no brainer to me.

Everybody's Super Sonic Racing!

I wouldn't bet on it...

Everybody's Super Sonic Racing!

I wouldn't bet on it...

Well, having a Sonic Race suit available, you never know...

-1,000,000%

You know what? Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind a Sonic track.. and I'm sure it would be much better than anything in Sonic Racing, or whatever it's called :heh:

Rings would replace the standard coins, obviously, and there'd be plenty of loops for antigravity.. and maybe even springs to ram your opponents into :grin:

I'd like to see Starfox and Wave Race get some representation.. and how awesome would it be to get a Diddy Kong Racing course as one of the retro tracks? : peace:

You know what? Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind a Sonic track.. and I'm sure it would be much better than anything in Sonic Racing, or whatever it's called :heh:

Rings would replace the standard coins, obviously, and there'd be plenty of loops for antigravity.. and maybe even springs to ram your opponents into :grin:

I'd like to see Starfox and Wave Race get some representation.. and how awesome would it be to get a Diddy Kong Racing course as one of the retro tracks? : peace:

Star fox, pikmin, wave race, Metroid. All of them would be awesome!

Mario Kart 8 Analysis - Animal Crossing DLC Trailer (Secrets & Hidden Details)

The level of detail is stunning.

Playing as a Splatoon Squid would be awesome. It's great that Nintendo finally have a new set of characters with such charm, and that instantly fit in with the rest.

In future Mario Kart games it would be cool if one of the weapons if you're at the back was an ink splat, that you could fire at a certain wall on each track, and drive up it to access a short cut that would help you catch up some places.

It's a shame the 200cc update won't be adding item collecting while holding an item behind you.

I was playing this today, and I think this is easily my favourite mario kart since the snes original. Double Dash was ok, but it didn't draw me back to it each time.

Of course it may be down to the fact that this is the first console mario kart that another friend has been able to play as much as me.

It's a shame the 200cc update won't be adding item collecting while holding an item behind you.

Nope, getting rid of that was the best decision ever.

No guarantees that 1st place will stay there throughout the whole race.

I'm enjoying watching the 200cc vs 150cc comparison videos that Nintendo are showing through sites such as Facebook. You can really see the difference in speed! The F-Zero track is suddenly looking much closer to it's source material!

My reckless item bouncing habit continues. :hehe: Tonight I managed to do this during an online race:

Was so close to being hit by the blast radius. Waluigi's right ear was actually inside it at one point. :heh:

Anyway, when grabbing that clip from MKTV I suddenly started thinking about the 200cc update, and how it doesn't seem too far off the fast forward speed in MKTV:

Fast forwarding 200cc replays is going to be insane. :grin:

ibltHlIAFtLH8y.gif

Still won't be the same, luckily.

I cry everytime.

:')

It's heartbreaking watching that footage. I think the best we can hope for is a HD remake with no online, the likely is just having to watch for gamecube VC... So tragic!!

Mario Kart 8 - 200cc vs 150cc - Piranha Plant Pipeway (Wii U)

It's heartbreaking watching that footage. I think the best we can hope for is a HD remake with no online, the likely is just having to watch for gamecube VC... So tragic!!

Isn't it depressing? I've finished high school, been to uni, graduated, met Ine and been with her for seven years, found my first teaching job and kept that for half a decade and moved city/town three times...all in the time since F Zero GX came out.

If we don't see a new one at this year's E3, I don't think we'll see one during the WiiU's lifetime.

I hope we get one so everyone will shut the hell up about getting one. :laughing:

In the nicest way possible of course. :heh:

Ma fingers are crossed for y'all!

Isn't it depressing? I've finished high school, been to uni, graduated, met Ine and been with her for seven years, found my first teaching job and kept that for half a decade and moved city/town three times...all in the time since F Zero GX came out.

If we don't see a new one at this year's E3, I don't think we'll see one during the WiiU's lifetime.

I know. Even if there wasn't a new one, I would truly truly be delighted with an online hd remake... ANYTHING!

And an amiibo range of all the cars :)

I know. Even if there wasn't a new one, I would truly truly be delighted with an online hd remake... ANYTHING!

And an amiibo range of all the cars :)

What about....

f_zero_wallpaper_by_cepillo16-d472aul.jpg

A NEW WAVE OF AMIIBOS!

Damn, it's such a rich world full of character that needs to be explored!

Mario Kart 8 thread hijacked!

Edited by Fused King

The boxart for new copies of Mario Kart 8 has been updated with the amiibo symbol on the front and information about their use on the back.

unnamed(33).jpg

The boxart for new copies of Mario Kart 8 has been updated with the amiibo symbol on the front and information about their use on the back.
Weird how they're replacing the Nintendo Network logo like that. Guess it makes sense though, seeing as amiibo generates extra moolah for them.

Anyway, just 12 days to go for the next DLC/200cc update... Can't wait! :bouncy:

Almost as excited as this guy:

:laughing:

I still have Captain Falcon's Amiibo encased in plastic, because I feel cruel putting him into Mario Kart 8.