NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I'll tell ya what boggles my mind... how in da hell has it not been discovered in Wii Music yet!? :oCue @Wii with some kind of gag... :heh: I attempted to find it during my 100+ hours playing the game, but nada. ::shrug:

It's got to be in there, what with it being Totaka's directorial debut. :blank:

Did you find any music at all in your 100+ hours of sieving through this bile?

7746851314_b8179f665a.jpg

I heard Yoshi became violently ill and had to be rushed to hospital after coming into contact with Wii Music. That's why it's not in the "game". :p

You shouldn't have mentioned me. :laughing:

Japan will be getting a metal Mario Kart wheel complete with metal skin plate for your Wii remote.

544466.jpg

544467.jpg

544468.jpg

544469.jpg

544470.jpg

544471.jpg

I don't know if it'll wander over here at any point. Maybe? Club Nintendo reward perhaps?

Mario Kart 8 DLC Still Set for May as Online eShop Purchases are Offered in Japan

Mario Kart.tv now linking to an eShop portal

Nintendo's taken notable strides in recent times with its online services and the eShop, particularly in the area of improving convenience for those buying download games when away from their console. In North America it's now possible to buy a decent collection of games via the company's official website in the region, while in multiple territories some retail games can be bought ahead of time to pre-download onto hardware.

It's the former functionality - of buying a game online for it to download automatically to your system - that's now being rolled out a little more in Japan. A Miiverse post has confirmed that you can now buy DLC for Mario Kart 8 from mariokart.tv in Japan - this is the web service that allows you to view replays, check statistics and more for the racing game. The site is pushing the DLC at the moment, and under the relevant information is a link to an eShop web page similar to those seen in North America; as always you need to be logged in with your Nintendo Network ID to use it. This particular option to buy MK8 DLC is only in Japan so far, however, with the link returning a regional error elsewhere.

The same Miiverse post also provides a minor update on the progress of the Animal Crossing x Mario Kart 8 DLC, stating that it's due in late May with development in its final stages; May has always been the target month for release.

On the eShop web integration front this seems like another small step forward for Nintendo upping the convenience of shopping on the store. We'll see how quickly this rolls out to the West, and the end-goal is surely to have a fully-integrated eShop online that links to our consoles - matching equivalent services such as those with PSN.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/mario_kart_8_dlc_still_set_for_may_as_online_eshop_purchases_are_offered_in_japan

The same Miiverse post also provides a minor update on the progress of the Animal Crossing x Mario Kart 8 DLC, stating that it's due in late May with development in its final stages

I find that highly unbelievable. I think this has been done ages ago. Maybe a few bug repairs here or there. It would be a hugely inefficient use of resources for Nintendo to have a game still being worked on nearly a year after release. I'd say it was all mostly done at the time of the first DLC pack and is sitting somewhere waiting for May to roll around.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/mario_kart_8_dlc_still_set_for_may_as_online_eshop_purchases_are_offered_in_japan

I find that highly unbelievable. I think this has been done ages ago. Maybe a few bug repairs here or there. It would be a hugely inefficient use of resources for Nintendo to have a game still being worked on nearly a year after release. I'd say it was all mostly done at the time of the first DLC pack and is sitting somewhere waiting for May to roll around.

Depends on how ambitious they've been with the tracks. I agree it would be inefficient to still be working on MK8 a year after release, but it could be doubling as R&D. Hey, we can always dream they are exploring the possibility of putting out a new F-zero.... Actually probably best not to dream :D

ELDERS PLAY MARIO KART 8 (Elders React: Gaming)

Whatever about them, I was never as frustrated before as I was this evening. The expletives were flying out, wanted to put my foot through the TV screen. The worst 1 and 1/2 hours I've ever had with it. Really wanted to smash things up. Got screwed over in 90% of the races. The most rotten of luck. Sure some lag was involved in a small percentage but my God I wanted to f**k the whole lot out the window. Unless you're a cheating fire hopper you'll be embroiled in a lottery crap shhot.

Discussion - Predicting Mario Kart 8's May DLC

I'm genuinely so excited for 8 new Mario Kart tracks.. and hopefully we'll see a glimpse in the upcoming Nintendo Direct :yay:

The Wave Race suggestion in the video quoted would be a very welcome addition, particularly thinking about the music that would accompany it. It just feels right :grin:

Mario Kart 8 with Furious 7's Michelle Rodriguez - IGN Plays

"Now I regret picking the monkey". Who doesn't know who Donkey Kong is? And Mario Kart Wii couldn't have been the last MK game she played if she's ever played at all. Unless she is just awful. She didn't know what items were for, how to drift or speed boost off jumps.

I can imagine giving an interview and racing at the same time isn't very easy, and that she would prioritize giving correct and good answers instead of winning the videogame :p

My brother played Mario Kart 8 for the first time this weekend, the last game he played was the wii version. He was/is still awfull and super rusty. I guess it does take a while to get back into it? (well at least for me it does)

I am super excited for tonight, I really hope they'll show off some of the new tracks! The other DLC package was top notch.

News from the direct video.

New Mii suits for your racer. Pac man. Sonic. Rosalina. Villager and more.

Animal crossing track shown.

DLC date now late April. I think it was 27th.

But best of all. 200cc mode added. Much faster racing. It looks great.

Off the top of my head. Could be something I missed.

F-Zero has arrived :bouncy:

The Animal Crossing track looks incredible and I can't wait to see the other seven :love:

Mario Kart 8 with Furious 7's Michelle Rodriguez - IGN Plays

"Now I regret picking the monkey". Who doesn't know who Donkey Kong is? And Mario Kart Wii couldn't have been the last MK game she played if she's ever played at all. Unless she is just awful. She didn't know what items were for, how to drift or speed boost off jumps.

She said herself she hadn't played in years. I'm under the impression that she plays a lot of "dudebro" type games, I believe she mentioned in some interview that she usually plays NBA-games.

Regardless of which, I think that the likes of her and Vin Diesel (apparently a big Dungeons and Dragons geek) should be part of Nintendo's next marketing campaign. "I AM a gamer" is better advertisement than "I'm NOT a gamer". Make console gaming seem glamorous, something movie stars do. Make rappers rap about playing on their Wii U as natural as rapping about their Escalades and Kristal champagne. Make mobile games look like the white trash thing to do. THAT could save Nintendos console business.

Loving the new Mii racing suits! And the Animal Crossing stage looks glorious!

I'll probably never touch 200cc, though... I'm struggling enough with 150cc already! :(

Will online automatically be 200cc? It's going to make some setups virtually impossible to control I'd imagine. May need to prioritise grip and handling. And yes the Animal Crossing track looks gorgeous. I hope all the tracks are as nice.

Some of those jumps / new short cuts made possible literally changes the courses!

Also as said in chat; Braking and Mario Kart are unnatural bedfellows!

All this Mario Kart hype has me wanting to use my stars to buy the 1st DLC and joining the League again :)

you should! The DLC tracks are great!

You know what, I think I just might...

I'm really looking forward to the 200cc mode, it's exactly the sort of thing I've been wanting to see a kart game. Still want a new F-Zero though.

Nintendo's DLC is surprisingly actually pretty good across the board so far in it's content/price ratio. It's a breath of fresh air compared to CoD-esque £10 for four maps on day-1.