N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we think there's any rhyme or reason to NoE's withholding? Or are they just bonkers?

Well, after eliminating all other viable possibilities I've finally come to the conclusion that maybe Nintendo just doesn't want us to play with the Wii U. They'll hold on to the games as long as possible, and hope that we'll just get bored and go away. It's like a two-sided game of hide and seek; who can forget the console's existence first, us or Nintendo.

At least we get 3 games this week. Metroid and Kid Icarus are great if you haven't played them before,. Will be upgrading from Wii.

I already have Metroid and Kid Icarus (3D Classics) for 3DS so not interested in those. Donkey Kong is the last Famicom 30 -campaign game, if I'm not mistaken?

Yeah. Not really a great game to go out on, in my opinion.

Speaking of Mega Man, I've been playing Mega Man III and Mega Man IV and finished both other the last 2 weekends.

II is currently my favourite (after IX) though felt a little easy (although didn't play through Difficult, er difficulty), Cut Man's stages was a right pain though with those beam things.

III had the tougher Robot Masters.

IV started to get the cheap level design were enemies would fly out of gaps and try to knock you down in mid-air. Also spikes everywhere.

Current order would be:

1. Mega Man IX
  2. Mega Man II
  3. Mega Man III
  4. Mega Man IV

Played through Mega Man II on the 3DS, would prefer to play V and VI on the Wii U VC so hope they get added soon.

Speaking of Mega Man, I've been playing Mega Man III and Mega Man IV and finished both other the last 2 weekends.

II is currently my favourite (after IX) though felt a little easy (although didn't play through Difficult, er difficulty), Cut Man's stages was a right pain though with those beam things.

III had the tougher Robot Masters.

IV started to get the cheap level design were enemies would fly out of gaps and try to knock you down in mid-air. Also spikes everywhere.

Current order would be:

1. Mega Man IX
  2. Mega Man II
  3. Mega Man III
  4. Mega Man IV

Played through Mega Man II on the 3DS, would prefer to play V and VI on the Wii U VC so hope they get added soon.

It's a bit confusing to see you use roman numerals :heh: I know it sounds like a petty thing to point out, but the reason I'm saying this is because there are actually other numbered Megaman games on the Gameboy, with the same titles, and it's somewhat common in the fandom to differentiate between the NES and the GB games this way.

Anyway, to stay on topic, Megaman 2 is the absolute best for me. Megaman 3 plays a bit weird (though there are some good ideas in there), Megaman 4 is badly designed, Megaman 5 feels uninspired and Megaman 6 is actually pretty good (though tiring, after everything else). Megaman IV and V for the Gameboy are really good, too (the former pretty much shows you how much better MM4 and MM5 could've been)

I actually haven't played 9 or 10 (Shame on me). Though Megaman&Bass for the GBA is also pretty damn good.

I've only been buying the 30p games in the hope that there's somehow a deal after it which rewards you for purchasing all of them :indeed:

You'll kick yourself if there's not though. You could have bought a chocolate bar!

For 30p? We're not in the 90s anymore :p

(Buys two Cadbury's Fudge bars and waves them at Serebii in insulting manner, like how Alan Partridge waved the Twix at Michael.)

Ah, crap, you were right. That set me back 40p!! I'm 10p over!

Ive never played Megaman.

Whats it about?

A man...

... who is 'mega' :heh:

---------------------

Serious answer - Mega Man is a well known action platforming series of games which sees you taking control of the 'blue bomber' - who was created by Dr. Light - as he goes up against the evil Dr. Wily who has built '8 robot masters to try and take over the world...' yadda-yadda-yadda...

You get to choose which order you tackle the stages in, at the end of each stage you will fight one of the robot masters, defeating them upgrades your standard blaster so that you can use their power; each boss is weak against one of the others power so finding the 'perfect route' is all part of the fun. :)

Once you beat them all, usually you will get a final stage known as 'Dr. Wily's Castle' which is one huge stage that's tougher than the rest, will usually pit you against all of the robot masters again before you do battle against the final boss.

Mega Man games tend to be very challenging but due to there being save state features on the VC games you can choose to make things a little easier on yourself by reloading your save assuming that it's recent but it's still considered quite a trial no matter which way you play; but the rewarding feeling that you get from beating the games is unlike any other, which is why I would recommend playing the Mega Man games as they are fantastic. : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!