N-Europe

Facebook News Feed Event - All complaints in here please

Charlie

So there's a Facebook event coming up in just over an hour regarding the redesign and major changes to the News Feed. It's sure to bring up a lot of discussion and millions of people complaining about it, saying they'll never use Facebook again, and then forget about it a week later.

If you've heard about the event? Is there anything you'd like to see change? Anything that you don't want to happen?

"ZOMG THEY'VE CHANGED THE FEED. I DON'T LIKE IT. I'M LEAVING FACEBOOK FOREVER"

One year later...

"ZOMG THEY'VE CHANGED THE FEED. I DON'T LIKE IT. I'M LEAVING FACEBOOK FOREVER"

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. It could explain why they've been faffing around with my Page's reach the last 48 hours too

I have no idea about the event, but they added a "Games people are playing" at the very top on my news feed. I had to block 61 games before it would go away.

There's also the "article on [page you like]" and "suggested events" that enter my news feed. Every single one I report for spam.

Seems okay to me. Although I wonder how it will look via the app, in particular on my Nexus 10 as the current Android app is horrible so I just use the website....

So is this happening now automatically or do we have to sign up to get in early like before?

It's Facebook; the rollout will be over the next couple of months. I may get it tomorrow, and you not until May. That's how they roll

Ahh I'd much rather they set a date rather than have it spring up on me.

Looking at a video of it now, it really seems to be going down the Youtube route of maximising on that white space. That's a lot of wasted space..

I have a good reason for having my splash page

I'm genuinely curious, what purpose does it serve? It seems a lot of people skip it, as every device I've used skips straight to /index2 as part of the URL autocomplete features. It's kind of dated, you're probably best off getting rid of it.