Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

inFamous: Second Son / First Light

Cube

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent the majority of Sunday playing First Light and have been loving it. As @drahkon said traveling round Seattle with Fetch's neon moves is amazing.

For £15 (I bought physical) I'm very happy. It's a substantial amount of gameplay added for the price. I admit it'd be nice to have all of Seattle unlocked rather than the first Island, but still enjoying it immensely.

I've got all the collectibles from each district, and destroyed the flying camera things too that appear later on in the game. I enjoyed the racing parts to catch moving lumines.

I do find it a little frustrating that you play the story for so long completing x number of missions, then you learn a new move and have to them practice this in the arena for a bit. I'd rather just be back out in Seattle causing havoc to find Brent.

Completely satisfied for the price of this DLC and the amount its delivered so far.

I'm 74% through it and loving it. Highly anticipate any further DLC packs they bring for this if it's the same price and volume of content.

Double Post... apologies.

Completed the story line last night, Very awesome.

So the end of it, with Fetch roaming around the snowy area, It felt kind of tomb raider-ish for a while before her powers returned. The wall climbing bit and just the general environment. Felt like a different game. Still awesome though.

I ended up finishing the story at 85%, still got a shit load of skills to unlock now so will be trying to smash the arena about. Highest score I've had on save the hostage is 248,000 so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished First Light this morning. Excellent DLC ( as always, SP ) that was well worth the price.

Moving around the city as Fetch was an absolute blast. Once you hit one of those pink clouds you can go for miles!

I'm just dabbling with the battle arenas now, which add even more bang for your buck.

Just finished First Light this morning. Excellent DLC ( as always, SP ) that was well worth the price.

Good on you H-o-T! : peace:

My copy is still sitting sealed on the shelf but I do intend to play it at some point soon, when I do I'll complete that half-finished Evil run that I was in the middle of, I don't know if I'll bother with the Paper Trail stuff any more though unless there's a good reward to persevering with it. :D

• 3 weeks later...

So finally shelved Destiny and decided to start Second Son earlier. Have only managed to get into Seattle and do the first part of the story there but not feeling it so far. Finding that the controls, or at least controlling Delsin, are a bit fuddled and clunky. I thought it would get a little better moving about once I'd unlocked a few more powers but it hasn't really happened. The touchpad things incorporated feel unnecessary as well.

Maybe it's just a case of needing to play it a bit more and maybe with some of the more advanced powers it'll start to click but currently, I'm not seeing that it'll grab me in any way. A shame then as I was looking forward to playing it as I'd always heard good things about the InFamous games but had never had a chance to play any of the ones on the PS3. But, I'll keep playing to see if it get more interesting.

• 3 months later...

I'm positive it will be free at some point. The others were. It's one of the only good new games on the system though so definitely worth getting :)

Just on another point, do you need the game at all to play first light, or does it just use the save file? I'm looking to sell it but want to play through first light and dont want to need it.

Edited by dazzybee

First Light is stand-alone.

Second Son is £15.99 on the PSN store. I've never played an inFAMOUS game before. Is it worth it or will it most likely be free on plus within the next few months?

They just gave away First Light, so they're unlikely to give away Second Son any time soon.

Second Son is £15.99 on the PSN store. I've never played an inFAMOUS game before. Is it worth it or will it most likely be free on plus within the next few months?

For that price, i'd go for it. I doubt it will be free until maybe Christmas.

They just gave away First Light, so they're unlikely to give away Second Son any time soon.

That's what I thought. I was certain it was going to be free within the next few months but then First Light got put on Plus instead. Kinda threw me a bit.

Is the price worth it? I'm using the remainder of the voucher that Ine bought so I'll have two pence remaining LAWLSPENDALLTHEMONEY

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any word on another expansion? I figure since they made one for the girl, they make one for the video game dude too. I preferred the girl's power more, but I'd love too dive into this game once more. Had tons of fun with the main game and the expansion.

There are two moments in this game that I feel ruin it and they are both boss fights. I'm usually not one for boss fights and find them very out of place and they are pretty shit here in Second Son. Haven't enjoyed them at all and they don't really work with the rest of the game. The rest of game is brilliant. Ditch the boss fights and we're good.

Shadow of Mordor was perfect. It just didn't bother including them! Haha.

• 3 months later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!