Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

darkjak

Review embargo? What the fuck is that?

Google:

Almost every game uses review embargoes.

And the idea is information control- you don't want bad impressions potentially out there a month before the game is out and take the wind out of pre-orders.

Im out.

Google:

Im out.

It's a shitty practice and never used to be the case back in the glory days of N64 magazine, but it's just what we have to deal with in 2017. Publishers are entirely to blame.

1. Wind Waker

2. Skyward Sword

3. Majora's Mask

4. Ocarina

5. Twilight Princess

Played through all five games in the last two years and that's how I see it now, will definitely change if I play through them all again some time.

It's a shitty practice and never used to be the case back in the glory days of N64 magazine, but it's just what we have to deal with in 2017. Publishers are entirely to blame.
We have to deal with it? If we dont roll over like sheep we dont.

Its all about capitalism. Being able to make money off of a shitty game before people find out its shitty.

No.

Its all about capitalism. Being able to make money off of a shitty game before people find out its shitty.

No.

We can just not pre-order any game, ever. Which I'd assume most people here don't do anyway. Unless it's Zelda, naturally.

No.

You really don't like developers and publishers making money eh? No one is forcing you to pre-order a game before a review comes out.

And for the record, gaming is cheaper than it's ever been.

You really don't like developers and publishers making money eh? No one is forcing you to pre-order a game before a review comes out.

And for the record, gaming is cheaper than it's ever been.

Im not going to discuss even the most mundane topic with you. I sincerely dont like the way you like to put words into people's mouths.

No.

I agree with you, but I'm going to give Zelda the benefit of the doubt in this case. Usually when a game is actually terrible, the embargo is for day of release, whereas Zelda is usually about 7 days before. 1 day before is something I'm not used to, but maybe I haven't been paying attention to the wider industry lately.

With Breath of the Wild, the worst thing I can imagine the reviews saying is that maybe it's not worth buying a Switch just to play a (slightly) better version. That could actually make people delay buying a Switch. But I'm not worried that the game is outright bad.

My 3D Zelda list:

1) Wind Waker - Sheer magic. Perfect.

2) Ocarina of Time - Perfectly formed.

3) Majora's Mask - It's good. On balance (and several replays), I think the time limit detracts more than it adds.

4) Twilight Princess - A nice game. Doesn't quite get the OOT/MM quality, but its heart's in the right place.

5) Skyward Sword - I'm not going to bash it; I'll just say the main thing I liked was the "free" motion control rather than the precision sword fights. The Koloktos battle was good.

My 3D Zelda list:

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Majoras Mask

3. Wind Waker

4. Skyward Sword

5. Twilight Princess

Oh @dazzybee why the fuck haven't you played Majoras Mask? I don't get why you have been prioritising other games over the years. Never mind pissing about with folders!

If i'd known about this at the Zelda concert last year...

Oh god, I hope they never do this to Link!

Kinda looks like he would fit in one of those Zelda CDi games. :D

Game was shipped yesterday. Wii U is unpacked and setup. Trailer was watched countless times this morning. My excitement is building nicely. Now watch the game not show up until Friday. :laughing: