N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

darkjak

Still stirring I see @Sheikah? Magnificent? Ha ha if you say so. :indeed:

Except that Pestneb was basically saying "I have to spend £20 more to get Zelda on Switch", not "Nintendo recommend charging £20 more for Zelda on Switch".

I QUITE CLEARLY spoke about fluctuating prices, saying

As for my previous post, I was comparing RRP to RRP because that's all we had so soon after the announcement of the new DS4s and the new Pro controller.

They're completely different circumstances.

I can't tell if you're deliberately being obtuse or you genuinely believe all this :confused:

Nah man, just that I've seen you argue both sides to suit your argument.

Nah man, just that I've seen you argue both sides to suit your argument.

"The RRP of the just announced DS4s is £50, similar to the RRP of the just announced Pro Controller at £60"

and

"You don't have to spend £20 more to get Zelda on Switch, you can spend £8-10"

If you can't see the obvious difference in circumstance in the above two posts then that's your problem.

Ronnie... you seriously expect me to write "Nintendo recommend charging £20 more for Zelda on Switch"???

In which case surely I would be justified to expect you to write

"www.onlinestore.com have zelda on the switch available at £x, which is £y more than http://www.differentonlinestore.co.uk charge for the wii U version"...

I will try to simplify things... I may not purchase a switch.

I won't get the switch unless there is a compelling reason to get one, and as I own a Wii U, Zelda is not one of those compelling reasons.

I can't tell if you're deliberately being obtuse or you genuinely believe all this :confused:

:confused: ok.. statement by statement

1. I own a Wii U. I believe this. I just looked.. I think that black thing is called a Wii U.. and it belongs to me.

2.Whereas I may never own a Switch. I believe this one too... many reasons may lead to me not owning a switch... I believe I do have a choice in this matter??

3. Unless you are suggesting that Nintendo will never create another console after the switch?? (Not to mention the other console manufacturers... and PC's...)

You seemed to insinuate that should I fail to buy a switch I would be locked out from ever being able to purchase a video game ever again. I have skipped Nintendo consoles in the past without any impediment to my video game purchasing skills and I do indeed believe that I would, at a future point, retain my ability to purchase systems and games to play video games, even if I should choose to forsake the switch.

4. And sure, I also suspect I will purchase more than 3 games during the switches lifetime... just not sure if any of them will be switch titles. I believe during the switches lifetime the PS4, X1, PC, 3ds, PS5, X2? will all exist. It is also possible an as yet unimagine Nintendo system would be released. I am likely to purchase games for one or more of these systems during the lifetime of the switch, and unless it has an unexpectedly short life, that number should be greater than 3.

Ronnie... you seriously expect me to write "Nintendo recommend charging £20 more for Zelda on Switch"???

In which case surely I would be justified to expect you to write

??? I never expected you to say that at all. I've no problem with what you wrote, you said "Zelda will cost me £20 more on Switch", I replied you can find it for £8-10 more, and likely less in the coming weeks. It's Ashley who has a problem with all this for some reason

:confused: ok.. statement by statement

1. I own a Wii U. I believe this. I just looked.. I think that black thing is called a Wii U.. and it belongs to me.

2.Whereas I may never own a Switch. I believe this one too... many reasons may lead to me not owning a switch... I believe I do have a choice in this matter??

3. Unless you are suggesting that Nintendo will never create another console after the switch?? (Not to mention the other console manufacturers... and PC's...)

You seemed to insinuate that should I fail to buy a switch I would be locked out from ever being able to purchase a video game ever again. I have skipped Nintendo consoles in the past without any impediment to my video game purchasing skills and I do indeed believe that I would, at a future point, retain my ability to purchase systems and games to play video games, even if I should choose to forsake the switch.

4. And sure, I also suspect I will purchase more than 3 games during the switches lifetime... just not sure if any of them will be switch titles. I believe during the switches lifetime the PS4, X1, PC, 3ds, PS5, X2? will all exist. It is also possible an as yet unimagine Nintendo system would be released. I am likely to purchase games for one or more of these systems during the lifetime of the switch, and unless it has an unexpectedly short life, that number should be greater than 3.

It's simple:

- You assigned a value to your Wii U investment based on four years worth of purchases.

- You then assigned a value to a potential Switch investment based on nine months of purchases.

- If you only intend to make nine months worth of purchases on Switch, the comparison is fair and makes sense.

- If you intend to make more than nine months worth of purchases on Switch, the comparison isn't fair and doesn't make sense.

That's all I was saying. I never said you were criticing Switch, I never questioned you owning a Wii U, I never wondered if you owned a Switch. All I was saying was your allocation of value was flawed.

Ah be fair to Ronnie, although I'm sure even Ronnie found Ashley's post funny in a ribbing way; his two examples are perfectly clear and fine. Makes perfect sense. I know people like to discuss in binary opinions, but usually things are more complex than that.

Just realised this is the Zelda thread. Games looks great doesn't it!?

Just realised this is the Zelda thread. Games looks great doesn't it!?
It looks awesome, both on WiiU and Switch.

Because is a brand new Zelda, you know its going to be great.

Personally, im really curious about the story.

And why the Great Fairy's look like exact HD copies of their N64 counterparts...

Oh boy, beautiful. In my mind, even if I was a bit unsure about getting a switch yet, but might in the future, there's no way I wouldn't want to play the very best version of this game.

As for story, the hero of time references are very strong' but tune the obvious wind waker stuff too. Who knows, I don't want to know until I play it, but I just hope this is close to being as good as it looks.

I seem to be watching the trailer pretty much every day. I love this shot, especially having spotted Link watching the goings on at Hyrule Castle

z03CX3.jpg

Oh and another nice screenshot:

32326997541_5332ce6ff5_o.jpg

Wonder what those clouds at the top of that hill are hiding

Edited by Ronnie

32407974046_abb0e49f98_o.jpg

Woah! Imagine how beautiful a water temple will look.

On a side note, Im hoping we get some hover boots love, seems like it could add something to the stamina-based climbing.

Another side note, doesn't that guardian in the pic above look like the robots from SS?

Edited by King_V

Aonuma-san announces the Zelda weeks sale in preparation for BotW! Enjoy 30% off all Zelda titles (for those with a My Nintendo account, which I assume is most if not all people here) across the 3DS and Wii U eShop, from January 26th until February 9th!

Smart move Nintendo, smart move.

Edited by Julius Caesar

I think I may get all the Legends characters for Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) next week, then.

I recently fully completed Twilight Princess HD (all items, hearts, poes, stamps, etc). Got my Wolf Link Amiibo saved with a complete Cave of Shadows with 20 hearts, ready for Breath of the Wild.

I think I may get all the Legends characters for Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) next week, then.

I recently fully completed Twilight Princess HD (all items, hearts, poes, stamps, etc). Got my Wolf Link Amiibo saved with a complete Cave of Shadows with 20 hearts, ready for Breath of the Wild.

This does make me wonder about when we're getting more information on the BotW/Zelda amiibo functionality. For example, Wolf Link was (is?) up for pre-order alongside the new BotW amiibo, but how might that work for those who don't own a Wii U, and by default, Twilight Princess HD?

Have a feeling we'll get a Direct or some press release on this by mid-February, or rather, I hope so!

For example, Wolf Link was (is?) up for pre-order alongside the new BotW amiibo, but how might that work for those who don't own a Wii U, and by default, Twilight Princess HD?

I'm pretty sure you get a Wolf companion with 3 hearts.

But I don't know anyone called Amy. :(

My mistake (though I'm crying on the inside now), silly auto-correct

I'm pretty sure you get a Wolf companion with 3 hearts.

While I wouldn't be surprised, that does begin to ostracise some of the potential buyers of the amiibo (who didn't own a Wii U, and therefore missed out on TPHD) if that does turn out to be the case.

Still though, no official word on it, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. That move would seem to be in poor taste, though.

Just read that Zelda doesn't have HD rumble. Unfortunately having done so has now made me really want it in the game despite previously giving no thought to it. It'd be great to feel Epona through the reigns, varying weights/directions of impact on your sword and shield - and no matter how gimmicky I always enjoyed 'feeling' the bow and arrows in Wii Sports Resort.

So many possibilities for HD rumble with puzzles and bosses one would imagine.

Just read that Zelda doesn't have HD rumble. Unfortunately having done so has now made me really want it in the game despite previously giving no thought to it. It'd be great to feel Epona through the reigns, varying weights/directions of impact on your sword and shield - and no matter how gimmicky I always enjoyed 'feeling' the bow and arrows in Wii Sports Resort.

So many possibilities for HD rumble with puzzles and bosses one would imagine.

Kinda missing a trick not putting HD rumble into what appears to be one of the flagship Switch launch titles - especially after pushing it as a notable thing for the system. If I were someone more vested in the Switch or with a pre-order it'd probably be another thing that puts me off - kind of strange to wonder why it wasn't done though. Surely no big extras to have to add in for the Switch version, unless the scope of the game and possibility made it difficult? Still think it should be in there to differentiate the versions more though.

Kinda missing a trick not putting HD rumble into what appears to be one of the flagship Switch launch titles - especially after pushing it as a notable thing for the system. If I were someone more vested in the Switch or with a pre-order it'd probably be another thing that puts me off - kind of strange to wonder why it wasn't done though. Surely no big extras to have to add in for the Switch version, unless the scope of the game and possibility made it difficult? Still think it should be in there to differentiate the versions more though.

Well seeing as it's a Wii U game, it's not surprising.

I'm sure the games developed for Switch will use it properly, like Mario Oddness.

Oh, not entirely surprising considering that - but I do wonder how much extra work it would have taken and expected otherwise. I'd wonder if maybe BotW was an easy but late port rather than being built too custom to the Switch - as if it was the latter surely they could have put in the HD rumble cues etc?

Other barrier I can imagine as I mentioned is just the sheer scope and potential variety to code for - if that was a huge task then regular rumble is surely worth more than half HD rumble in places. Still having said that I don't see why they can't have done a bit and mixed the two - as the base rumble code will still be there so it doesn't have to be either/or on an all or nothing sort of thing?