NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Anyone else seen what's hanging around the Bridge of Hylia at night?

Yeah.

Theres s hit just south east of the Temple of Time. The Old Man has a diary in there that has a recipe. Complete the recipe for the Old Man and he'll give you the outfit.

I had been there before but he wasn't there so I must have been there during the day.

I went back just in case you could still do the event and there was a chest there with it in, so it's not missable. Would have been more useful earlier mind

Yeah.

Theres s hit just south east of the Temple of Time. The Old Man has a diary in there that has a recipe. Complete the recipe for the Old Man and he'll give you the outfit.

Climb the highest mountain in the plateau with no top on and the Old Man will just give it you.

I've been thinking all day about why I'm enjoying this game so much and quite honestly feel gob smacked by how good it is...

I think this is what I "thought" I was playing in 1998 with Ocarina of Time. This huge world where you could go anywhere, find anything etc...I mean at the time it was I guess but this is actually that reality, a huge world to get lost in and uncover all manner of secrets!

Appeals to my child hood I guess and almost Nintendo fulfilling a promise they made all those years ago.

So glad they've moved away from the Ocarina template though, about time they re wrote their own blue print and deviated from that stricter linearity which became over familiar.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of Zelda in this game. This rendition of the princess just comes across as snobby and quite useless. It doesn't help that her voice actor is atrocious. No idea if it's the actor or the direction given but she sounds like she belongs in a cheap anime dub. :nono:

Think I've been on the game around 15 hours today. Methinks it's time for some sleep. :D

After about 5 hours of messing around, I'm off the plateau!!! Go me!

Game is so good, and I've only done probably 5% of the game. I've died so many times though just from falling off cliffs!

Can one of the further ahead people please tell me you get more melee weapon slots?!? PLEASE!

Game is so good, and I've only done probably 5% of the game. I've died so many times though just from falling off cliffs!

Can one of the further ahead people please tell me you get more melee weapon slots?!? PLEASE!

Yeah, you do.

Yes you can :p

Just unlocked the camera which means I'm not going to be paranoid about taking photos of everything. Almost got killed trying to capture a picture of a Staflos (I think) because he was moving too fast and jumping around.

Upgraded the Sheikah Sensor which helped me to find 10 restless crickets for a side quest.

There's so much attention to detail, NPCs can react to what Link is doing, they react to the weather and time of day, they can get attacked by monsters in the over world. The amount of work gone into the game is insane.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of Zelda in this game.

I thought I was the only one...she just comes across as a whiny bitch who doesn't actually want to do any work.

Think I've been on the game around 15 hours today. Methinks it's time for some sleep. :D

11 hours for me today :laughing:

Have played this for 27 hours in total now. 50 Shrines done, one part of a major main quest completed, the second part almost finished and I've explored a little bit of everything. Still haven't really set foot on Death Mountain, but I've just gotten the equipment to make the climate in Hebra Mountains bearable so the volcano has to wait :D

For all the things BotW does wrong or weird there is an equal amount of things it does right which results in a damn fine game.

One thing I've come to hate: Upgrading stamina and travelling back to places I want to climb only for the weather to turn bad...every fucking time I reach these places it starts to rain and I can't climb to where I want to go. Hate that gameplay mechanic. :nono:

Edited by drahkon

For all the things BotW does wrong or weird there is an equal amount of things it does right which results in a damn fine game.

One thing I've come to hate: Upgrading stamina and travelling back to places I want to climb only for the weather to turn bad...every fucking time I reach these places it starts to rain and I can't climb to where I want to go. Hate that gameplay mechanic. :nono:

Haha! I was thinking the same thing just before I knocked the game off. I was climbing over a mountain, which was gonna be a shortcut, and it started raining. I refused to leave and just sat there until it stopped. Probably would have been quicker going the long way round. :D

I have a love/hate relationship with the game. There's things that I do really enjoy but a lot of things that really annoy me and keep the game reaching greatness.

I've been enjoying this game all day but suddenly I'm feeling too lost. I'm really aware that I've made very little progress all day. No matter where I explore I never seem to find anything relevant, unless it's an enemy or environment I can't pass easily yet. I haven't got very far at all.

Dude...we don't need to know you're playing BotW with your amigo out.

Must be that HD rumble. I knew it was good for something.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Had my first experience with the motion control shrine trials today. Fucking motion controls!

Had my first experience with the motion control shrine trials today. Fucking motion controls!

Haha, I absolutely love those 'apparatus'!

This game is just gorgeous... Love how the map locations have familiar names.

@Nicktendo saw you putting in some work in the wee hours - gotten far?

I mean I hate motion controls anyway but using it in a device where you have to be able to see the screen if you are playing in handheld mode (as I was) is just ridiculous.

I'm absolutely loving this game. Put about 5 hours into it, just exploring the Plateau. About to do my final Shrine. The level design in this area is fantastic, how it guides you and teaches you throughout.

Wonderful stuff so far.

This game is just gorgeous... Love how the map locations have familiar names.

@Nicktendo saw you putting in some work in the wee hours - gotten far?

Not at all! I've played for coming up to 25 hours and have done nothing of real significance. About 16 shrines and a lot of exploring. I've done a few side quests but pretty much ignored the main quest. Mainly been searching for ingredients to cook some useful food and trying to find better weapons. I'm having a blast just wandering around.

I mean I hate motion controls anyway but using it in a device where you have to be able to see the screen if you are playing in handheld mode (as I was) is just ridiculous.

I was playing with the pro controller, flipped it upside down and avoided the entire maze 😂

I'm surprised things don't respawn like you would expect, especially some things like peppers for instance. Maybe they do over a long time.

For some reason I expected enemy encampments to respawn but I'm very glad they don't. Makes it a bit less video gamey.

Yup. Pretty much my reaction. I was playing in off-TV mode and had to move it back to the TV as I couldn't orientate the pad and look what I needed to do at the same time.

Finished my first dungeon this morning. Very disappointing. I can't believe how short the thing was. Boss fight music was cool but the boss itself went down STUPIDLY fast. I knocked it into its second phase with a single party attack!

I came across some great climbing armour/gear today. I can now get up mountains pretty quickly. It will help with getting to shrines, of which I've completed about 40 of them so far.

For some reason I expected enemy encampments to respawn but I'm very glad they don't. Makes it a bit less video gamey.

Guess you're gonna be disappointed then. :D

Ah yes lol in handheld mode that would be a nightmare! I just love the diversity of the shrines... Like a box of chocolates, never what you're gonna get...:blush:

Some have really twisted my noodle. But especially love the ones with the awesome gear. Such an ingenious game mechanic though, feel like theres so much to do.

Ah yes lol in handheld mode that would be a nightmare! I just love the diversity of the shrines... Like a box of chocolates, never what you're gonna get...:blush:

Some have really twisted my noodle. But especially love the ones with the awesome gear. Such an ingenious game mechanic though, feel like theres so much to do.

Yeah, I quite like the shrine setup. It's nice to be able to just dip in and out of them whenever you feel like tackling a puzzle or just wanting a break from exploring.

Has anyone sailed over to the island off the East coast of Lanayru yet? Easily the best "shrine" I've encountered so far. This game is just full of incredible surprises.

I just wish some of the Shrines were more difficult or larger. Done 59 now and not sure if I've spent more than 3-5 minutes on any of them.

With the disappointing dungeons I feel like maybe 20% of the Shrines should've been much larger.

I did, however, like some of the puzzles.

Unlocked two things which I don't want to spoil. Needless to say I was freaking excited when I got them but the excitement quickly turned to disappointment as there are limitations attached to them...I really don't like most of the limitations the game throws on you.

Edited by drahkon