NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Geoff Keighley just tweeted this, looks like an exclusive Zelda segment at the Game Awards this Thursday

Geoff Keighley just tweeted this, looks like an exclusive Zelda segment at the Game Awards this Thursday

Nice!

Really hope they show a bit more than just the field area though as we've seen that a lot already. A change of scenary would be great, maybe the inside of a cave or a dungeon?

Trailer was good but the demo they gave at the show was awful.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

This one?

Yeah. It just felt very flat but then I haven't enjoyed much of what little i've seen of the gameplay.

Trailer was good but the demo they gave at the show was awful.

You're mental! They were a little awkward but the footage itself was ridiculously good. I'm staggered you don't think it looks orgasmicly good you didn't rub yourself while watching this!

You're mental! They were a little awkward but the footage itself was ridiculously good. I'm staggered you don't think it looks orgasmicly good you didn't rub yourself while watching this!

OK, Dazzybee. Now I know where my Rumble Pack went...

You can keep it, I don't want it anymore.

Is it just me or is the frame rate really bad?

I've not watched it just yet, but could it be the slight pause when striking an enemy that Nintendo put in... stupidly, as it just makes it look really jarring!

Is it just me or is the frame rate really bad?

Keep in mind that the gameplay demo was using the WiiU version. I trust Zelda games to have decent consistent framerates.

I've not watched it just yet, but could it be the slight pause when striking an enemy that Nintendo put in... stupidly, as it just makes it look really jarring!

Yeah I did notice that too but even outside of the combat it looks a bit off :(

Keep in mind that the gameplay demo was using the WiiU version. I trust Zelda games to have decent consistent framerates.

Given that the base code was designed for the Wii U first I actually expected that to be the smoothest version, however Miyamoto has said in the past that the Wii U CPU is a big bottle neck and you can really tell looking at that footage. I can't help but think that they overstretched themselves here. I'll be grabbing the Switch version though :)

Have to say the art style isn't wowing me anymore either. At this point I'm just keen to see it running on a Switch on my TV set. Hopefully it looks and runs great.

The music in that trailer is beautiful, as is the rest of the game, I just really hope they fix the framerate issues. That's the only part that has me worried.

Nice to see an NPC in the gameplay demo, great design.

Nice trailer and gameplay. Mystery NPC seems cool. I look forward to the weird noises the citizens of Hyrule make when you speak to them.

I think what I'm not enjoying about this new Zelda is the inventory management. It just looks like a right hassle cooking food and changing weapons every time they break. I know it adds more RPG elements and some people will love it, but I personally hate that kind of stuff in games. I just want to get on with it and explore.

I think what I'm not enjoying about this new Zelda is the inventory management. It just looks like a right hassle cooking food and changing weapons every time they break. I know it adds more RPG elements and some people will love it, but I personally hate that kind of stuff in games. I just want to get on with it and explore.

One thing I've thought is how things break too often and how annoying it will be to constantly have to re-equip something.

They have to make it more streamlined and quick, without breaking up the gameplay so frequently.

Changing weapons is seamless, there's a quick select screen that plays over the gameplay. I suspect once you get the Master sword you won't be swapping out too often.

Changing weapons is seamless, there's a quick select screen that plays over the gameplay. I suspect once you get the Master sword you won't be swapping out too often.

That's the reason why being able to use other weapons in Zelda games has always seemed kind of pointless to me. Once you get the Master Sword, you just use that. Nobody goes "that's a cool looking sword, buy imma use this Goblins staff instead". Unless they put in a multitude of weapons that you might be likely to want, it's just a waste of time, in my opinion. Don't give a choice of weapons, if there is only one choice basically.

I'll be mainly using the bow, even after getting the Master Sword. It looks like a much more viable combat weapon than previous Zelda games (much more like Tomb Raider).

That's the reason why being able to use other weapons in Zelda games has always seemed kind of pointless to me. Once you get the Master Sword, you just use that. Nobody goes "that's a cool looking sword, buy imma use this Goblins staff instead". Unless they put in a multitude of weapons that you might be likely to want, it's just a waste of time, in my opinion. Don't give a choice of weapons, if there is only one choice basically.

I suspect they'll give us reasons to use other weapons in this game occasionally once you get the master sword

Hm. At 0:52 we see a female figure looking a lot like Link. Relative or have they decided to go with the choice of playing a female Link?

Edited by MindFreak

Hm. At 0.52 we see a female figure looking a lot like Link. Relative or have they decided to go with the choice of playing a female Link?

Emily Rogers did say there would be a female Link. However, Nintendo dismissed the idea in June.

When asked why this much talked about option wasn't implemented in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, producer Eiji Aonuma told Gamespot that Nintendo had "thought about it," but "decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character."

So why didn't Nintendo go for this option? According to Aonuma, it would have fouled up the series' lore. "If we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do?" Aonuma said. "Taking into account that, and also the idea of the balance of the Triforce, we thought it best to come back to this [original] makeup."

Well, I've been wracking my brains and I just can't figure out who else could be a main female character that's anything similar looking to Link in a game like Zelda - I guess it'll remain a mystery forever!

Emily Rogers did say there would be a female Link. However, Nintendo dismissed the idea in June.

Ah yes I'd forgotten about that piece of cringe-worthy sexism.

Exactly. Hence my wonder. :)

Or they acknowledge Linkle's existence in the universe.

I think Zelda's hand is shown at the end and either she changes her clothes during the game or it's not her either.