NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Really? Childish from Nintendo? She has leaked information and been correct several times, it's a wonder it's taken them so long to do so!

I'm happy with that date. Mario and Zelda on day 1 would be awful - what to play? June is much better. :)

I doubt her being blacklisted actually means anything in the grand scheme of things. She'll still get the same information.

I doubt her being blacklisted actually means anything in the grand scheme of things. She'll still get the same information.

It just means what she's leaking is true, if Nintendo are trying to stop her!

Yeah, for that $$$ cheddar cheese, folks will leak info on their own mum!

It's not childish in the slightest. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to do it tbh. I kind of wish the leaks would stop, I'm trying to avoid as much as possible but it's not easy.

I'm on the opposite end and am glad we are getting (were getting...?) news.

I'm on the opposite end and am glad we are getting (were getting...?) news.

I'm looking forward to January and just think it'd be nice to still have some surprises left by then, but at this rate...!?

TBF the stuff we've had leaked hasn't been anything I'd class as a nice surprise anyway (Zelda delay = unfortunate, everything else not particularly surprising).

It's not childish in the slightest. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to do it tbh. I kind of wish the leaks would stop, I'm trying to avoid as much as possible but it's not easy.

She is a journalist paid to report news. If nintendo can't control the leak that's on them. She doesn't work for Nintendo or have any duty to them to keep there secrets.

She shouldn't be punished for doing her job.

It's a bit of a piss-take if you'd have to wait longer for the WiiU version!

As we know, they have form... Gamers rewarded them for it last time, so they're doing it again. I waited a week and bought the GC version. This time, however, I'd probably rather play it on Switch, but it's the principle that counts.

As for the actual month of release, I still can't see it being June when it's so much more "Nintendo" to delay it until Christmas!

She is a journalist paid to report news. If nintendo can't control the leak that's on them. She doesn't work for Nintendo or have any duty to them to keep there secrets.

She shouldn't be punished for doing her job.

She herself admits no surprise at being blacklisted, which says it all really. You're right, she doesn't have any duty to keep their secrets, just like they have no duty to keep her on their press list. Any tech or entertainment company would do the same.

Edited by Ronnie

Devil's advocate - being surprised you're blacklisted doesn't mean you admit you were doing wrong, it could mean you're not surprised by that company's particular actions.

Devil's advocate - being surprised you're blacklisted doesn't mean you admit you were doing wrong, it could mean you're not surprised by that company's particular actions.

That sounds exactly right. I'm sure she doesn't think she's done anything wrong. It's just that no one can blame Nintendo for blacklisting her.

That sounds exactly right. I'm sure she doesn't think she's done anything wrong. It's just that no one can blame Nintendo for blacklisting her.

But it does nothing to stop the leaks. Taking away press privladges doesn't stop her mole giving her the news.

But it does nothing to stop the leaks. Taking away press privladges doesn't stop her mole giving her the news.

No but it deters others from doing likewise. Why should she be welcomed with open arms, sent copies of games early and be invited to press events when she leaks confidential info about a company obsessed with secrecy and surprise? As I said, I suspect any big company in the world would do similar, and probably much faster.

No but it deters others from doing likewise. Why should she be welcomed with open arms, sent copies of games early and be invited to press events when she leaks confidential info about a company obsessed with secrecy and surprise? As I said, I suspect any big company in the world would do similar, and probably much faster.

One has to ask what's the point of journalists if all they will do is feed us the official line.

I don't need a journalist to tell me what Nintendo already will.

Without Laura and others the only thing we would know about the switch is from the trailer. That would suck!!!

Perhaps Nintendo need to get with the times a bit. They still seem to think we're in the magazine era where they can control the flow and information can be dribbled out.

To go 18 months between confirmation of a console and unveiling a bit of it, and a further three before you actually say anything substantial, is something I believe should be challenged.

It would be interesting to see how other companies do react to this kind of thing, but then I don't (personally) hear about many leaks other than just before E3. Most companies aren't so secretive for so long (or are better at keeping them IDK :heh:). The PS4 redesign and Pro are the only similar I can think of, but Sony eventually admitted the latter before the unveiling anyway.

Likewise I'm not sure what good at this point it is for Nintendo to still say nothing about the delay of this game.

Usually it means don't send press releases (although that's no big loss), don't send invites to events, review codes and that kind of thing.

One has to ask what's the point of journalists if all they will do is feed us the official line.

I don't need a journalist to tell me what Nintendo already will.

Without Laura and others the only thing we would know about the switch is from the trailer. That would suck!!!

There's somewhat more to a journalist's job than relaying press releases, funnily enough. Personally I think it's a stretch to call leaking game info "journalism", but that's just me and probably a topic for another day.

Fine be thankful for them leaking confidential info, so they can get a few slaps on the back on social media, just don't be surprised when a company doesn't take too kindly to it.

There's somewhat more to a journalist's job than relaying press releases, funnily enough. Personally I think it's a stretch to call leaking game info "journalism", but that's just me and probably a topic for another day.

Fine be thankful for them leaking confidential info, so they can get a few slaps on the back on social media, just don't be surprised when a company doesn't take too kindly to it.

What she's doing is more than just posting leaks to get coverage on social media, she corroborates info with multiple sources and is respectful of their anonymity, going to great lengths to ensure that the individuals feeding her information are difficult to identify. What she does is pretty much the definition of journalism.

The only people who should be irritated by what she is doing are Nintendo themselves, and they have exercised the only power they have in blacklisting her which is fair enough. Obviously she will be disappointed that she will no longer get review codes and other perks from Nintendo, but it doesn't stop her doing her job.

How can Nintendo even "blacklist" someone? Send Bowser to kidnap her?

That's what Nintendo do when they like you.

When Nintendo get mad, they send the Ninty Ninjas.

An eternity in Bowser's Castle is preferable then 5 minutes with the Ninjas.

How can Nintendo even "blacklist" someone? Send Bowser to kidnap her?

Super Mario...Switched!

In a revolutionary twist on the classic Mario theme this time it's all be Switched. This time you play as Bowser, going about your business on your quest to kidnap the princess, but every corner you turn...she's in another castle! Where IS Laura Kate Dale, and just how soon can you shut her up??

Coming in July 2020 - 2 months before the Switch stops production ;)

Edited by Rummy