Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

darkjak

Who in the lady with the furby? And is that supposed to be Rico Rodriguez?

The girl from Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Also, the joke doesn't quite work considering that Link has been an open world RPG character for much longer than any of those.

I don't work tomorrow so I'm just here at my computer drinking beer and watching Zelda YouTube videos. Is this part of being hyped?
If you end up shouting things like HIYA....HUTTT....HIUTTT... .CHEYAA...GAHHHT...THAAA....HIUAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.....

Then yes.

That is a nice 404 not found page, but definitely not Woah worthy! :p

They put it up early and killed it

Here's a quote

Lets get Breath of the Wild’s demand that you take it seriously out of the way first, in case you haven’t been following the interviews and narrative surrounding it in the last year or so. Breath of the Wild is, without question or debate, the hardest Zelda game of the last twenty years. In fact, as an “old” who literally grew up playing the original Zelda games on NES and SNES when they came out, I’d argue it’s the hardest Zelda game period. The first twenty minutes or so are pretty low key — you can kill the scrub bokoblins and other minor enemies you meet without much trouble using nothing more than a tree branch picked up off the ground. But once you leave the initial learning spaces and venture into more typical zones, you’re probably going to die.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does amiibo support do in this game to assist? Coz lord knows imma need all the hope I can get of this is a harder Zelda game!

The Wolf Link Amiibo gives you a wolf companion to help fight enemies. It has as many hearts as you had at the end of completing the "Cave of Shadows" in Twilight Princess HD (or 3 hearts otherwise).

The other Zelda Amiibo (BotW, 30th Anniversary, Smash Bros) give you random resources/weapons/items.

If the entirety of Breath of the Wild maintains the beauty and variety seen in its opening hours, it will be a strong contender for the best Zelda game of all time. I say this fully aware that any new Zelda game comes with a hefty dose of hype and anticipation. Throw in a console launch on top of that, and you wouldn't be blamed for sounding the hyperbole alarm.

Breath of the Wild is, five hours in, an enthralling and surprising experience, and the stories being shared among those playing it at GameSpot are all vastly different. Even though we are all playing the same game, we are envious of each other's unique experiences. Breath of the Wild embodies the freedom and danger that made the first Zelda game so enthralling, and captures the feeling of awe that came when Ocarina of Time hit the scene, in this case by layering unspoken variables into seemingly every facet of the game. Based on our early impressions, it's safe to say that Breath of the Wild will forever change what people expect from the series.

From Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-dense-challenging-and-/1100-6448172/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b