N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are starting to change their mind about purchasing this, and I've joined them. I have to take delivery into consideration as well, and 45 quid is asking too much for a new game. My sweet buying spot is 35, and 40 at a push. Looks like I'll be waiting a good long while before this drops in price, all I can hope is that others don't buy this due to the retailer induced elevated price point, and they're forced to lower it.

Edit: Shopping around 2 hours later and found this bargain on The Game Collection 30.79 with only 4 quid shipping to Taiwan. I am now the proud owner of a Zelda WW preorder.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-wii-u.html

If you create an account with them and log in the game prices drop.

Edited by londragon

Some people are starting to change their mind about purchasing this, and I've joined them. I have to take delivery into consideration as well, and 45 quid is asking too much for a new game. My sweet buying spot is 35, and 40 at a push. Looks like I'll be waiting a good long while before this drops in price, all I can hope is that others don't buy this due to the retailer induced elevated price point, and they're forced to lower it.

Edit: Shopping around 2 hours later and found this bargain on The Game Collection 30.79 with only 4 quid shipping to Taiwan. I am now the proud owner of a Zelda WW preorder.

If you create an account with them and log in the game prices drop.

I believe that is because you're not paying UK tax? As it doesn't seem to discount further for me. I'd instant pick this up for £30 - why must you make this difficult nintendo.

Am I the only person who gets annoyed at the fact that almost none of these reversible covers ever includes the spine/console logo/blurb stuff on back?

Completely ruins the consistency of how it looks on the shelf! The New Play Control games on Wii do it right!

new-play-control-boxes-flipper-in-us-20090304104317086-000.jpg

new-play-control-boxes-flipper-in-us-20090304104314617-000.jpg

Some people are starting to change their mind about purchasing this, and I've joined them. I have to take delivery into consideration as well, and 45 quid is asking too much for a new game.

I've dropped out of this purchase. I've a lower sweet spot myself; it's a HD remake, Sony get them on the market for £20 but Nintendo are asking for £40. Madness and actually pretty insulting.

I've dropped out of this purchase. I've a lower sweet spot myself; it's a HD remake, Sony get them on the market for £20 but Nintendo are asking for £40. Madness and actually pretty insulting.

But this isn't the same upressing an old game and knocking it out is it?! Bloody hell how many times do we have to go through this. Where's Serebii when you need him :)

If Nintendo just upressed Wind Waker GC people would have bitched, they've actually put effort in and people want a Sony style upres. AWESOME!!!!

And you'll be waiting a long time if you think this will drop to £20

Doesn't really matter how much of a good job it is though. It still cost them a bucket load less than making a Zelda game from scratch and they're still delivering essentially the same game. It's just greed really.

You are so predictable! Do you go to the cinema and whine like a child because it costs the same to see Avengers Assemble as it does to see Insidious? Avengers cost £220 million and Insidious cost just £1.5 million, yet both were £7.50 for a ticket! Oh the inhumanity of it all...

Nintendo have not simply re-released Wind Waker with a higher resolution output. They have done far, far more. That effort justifies the price tag. But if others don't think it does, no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy the product.

It also isn't greed, it's called business. Nintendo are in business to make profit like any company. The are selling the game at the regular RRP for a quality title. Nintendo need to make healthy profits as they are a publicly listed company.

Greed is different, greed is the inordinate desire to possess wealth, goods, or objects of abstract value with the intention to keep it for one's self, far beyond the dictates of basic survival and comfort.

An example of greed would someone hoarding food beyond their need when others were starving. Greed would also be taking more than your fair share of something and in doing so depriving others of their fair share.

Greed isn't releasing a product at the standard market value and giving people the choice whether to buy it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!