Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got told off yesterday for calling my link "Blade". Does anyone else call their character their own name or do you call your file "Link"

Haha, I was gonna tell you off on Miiverse but thought I'd let you off.

For me, first play of a Zelda game the file MUST be named "Link".

If I do a second play I "might" name it Mokong.....

Anyway managed to get a little afternoon session today and worked out which "small monster" I was missing from the Small Monster Room in the Gallery, it was the Peahat lucky there's a bunch floating outside Forest Haven that you can get a pic of from the Gallery island (lots of zoom).

So with that I got another Gallery room finished :D

Small Monster Room COMPLETE

zlCfzRKEWXoi6chn0p

Also found 2 more Heart Pieces from Treasure Charts, up to 13 Hearts now.

Can't believe they even let you change the name, can't remember which one it was but just though it was a file name. There was nothing more distracting being an this epic journey in this fantastical land just for everyone to smash it to pieces by calling me Darren.. The character is fucking Link!

I always called mine Jonnas, until Skyward Sword finally allowed me to actually write my name: João.

Jonnas works fine, and my real name would work if it wasn't a blatant non-english language.

In the end, the hero is always just a child/guy wearing green, the name is irrelevant (and most of the time, so is gender, now that I think about it)

In the end, the hero is always just a child/guy wearing green, the name is irrelevant (and most of the time, so is gender, now that I think about it)

Ah now, if that were the case then they wouldn't have an "official" name for him (Link) and he'd just be refered to in manuals/books/Historia's/Smash Bros (:wink:) as "the Hero in Green" or something like that.

The name is not irrelevant, the name "Link" is a choice piece of game design! He is the link between you and the game world, through this avatar you experience all the emotion that the games bring. He is the link and should therefore remain "Link".

The name is not irrelevant, the name "Link" is a choice piece of game design! He is the link between you and the game world, through this avatar you experience all the emotion that the games bring. He is the link and should therefore remain "Link".

If he has my name, the link is even stronger :P

What about Zelda II? It's Link's Adventure not <Choose a Name>'s Adventure. :p

Deleted the save file. Then decided I cant quite be arsed playing it through at the min. Gunna clear some other games

What????? that's a bit over the top dude.... you didnt really just delete your game cuz we gave you stick for not callin the file Link did ya?

Well at least @Blade has the game for when he wants to play through it properly from the start :) I mean I was quite happy playing through the game until Pokemon X & Y comes out only a week later. :/

I almost wish that they had spaced out the releases a bit more, but never mind... I too will go back to the game as well when I feel like I can devote a decent amount of time to it. : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!