N-Europe

Nintendo Direct 23rd Jan - Wii U only - Worldwide

Serebii

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here comes mr negative. Apart from WWHD, Monolith Soft's game, Fire Emblem cross over and the new Yoshi game. What really was the point in that?

I mean yes new Mario, MK and Zelda were confirmed but we all know they would eventually be on the Wii U.

To me that whole Direct felt like Nintendo had to apologise for lack of games and further delays to titles such as Pikmin and as a way of trying to justify everyone's investment in the Wii U they had to release some new information. A lot of which was pointless and had nothing to show.

The fact half of a 'new game announcement' video was taken up by Miiverse and talking of system updates kind of shows that.

Wish they had shown a screenshot of Mario, Mario Kart or Smash. I can tell there's a lot of bitching going to occur across the net because of that :/

Even despite the other stuff that got shown?

Fire Emblem crossover was totally unexpected.

EDIT: Zelda HD? Hmm... don't the other companies always release HD remakes of old games without much parade?

It's not just an HD update, it's an outright remake.

There's also:

-Xenoblade sequel (title unknown)

-Yoshi's Epic Yarn

-Fire Emblem vs. Shin Megami Tensei

-Wii Party 2

-Wii U Virtual Console revealed (though this one was unimpressive)

And also confirmation that yet another Zelda and 3D Mario are in development.

And Zelda is going to try and ditch the linear structure of SS.

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

They understand! They understand! Nintendo, you beautiful company! That was the best thing I've EVER seen from Nintendo. Better than any E3, better than anything.

First of all, SNES and GBA games on an HD screen? Yes please! Surprising that GBA is coming to console sooner than handhelds. but who's complaining?!! Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission on the big screen!

The Monolith Soft game looks excellent, just like Xenoblade 2 really - going to give that one a go.

But this was all about Zelda! Windfall Island in HD? They have correctly identified Wind Waker as the best game with the best graphical style, and Windfall Island as the best town! Wind Waker completely remade in HD? This is better than any upscaled Virtual Console version (which I wasn't expecting anyway)! And a brand new Zelda, presumably in that style?

That was so good, I have to check I'm not dreaming. I need to go and lay down.

What were the megatons? I'm not being a negative arse, I literally don't know what people are excited about?

I can't pretend to be particularly excited.

It was good to see a new Yoshi game but I wasn't particularly fond of the snippets of footage or pictures they displayed.

A new Super Mario, Mario Kart and Legend of Zelda are to be expected anyway leaving only the Fire Emblem / Shin Megami Tensei collaboration and the new Monolith Soft game to get excited about and neither of those jump out at me as my sort of game :hmm:

I did like it when the big mech thing took to the sky, though.. :heh:

The Megatons were info on new Zelda (not playing alone? console four swords...?) Wind Waker HD, Yosi's Epic Yarn, Fire Emblem crossover RPG and Monolith Soft epic RPG, thats prety much a meagton of a nintendo direct, unfortunately they showed us the launching of the icbm and the stages detaching and it cruising along boringly first (lots of miiverse stuff that could have been summarized basically)

Even despite the other stuff that got shown?

Fire Emblem crossover was totally unexpected.

I agree with Ike on this, the stream was actually a very good showcase. Despite the fact they wasted a little time on stuff not many people care about, some of the stuff they showed surprised me.

My problem with the stream is not the stream itself, it's that a lot of Nintendo fanboys are going to be directing their attention to and hailing a HD remake, despite the fact it's not that big of a deal. I can understand people wanting it, but there was a lot better stuff shown in that stream!

So, the megaton is the new Monolith title right? HD remakes are now megatons?

How about the new Zelda being less linear and more modern? Plus the cryptic message that you won't play through the game on your own. Co-op or... squad mates? Both those things make me think of the first Mass Effect

Plus Yoshi, plus seeing a new 3D Mario and Mariokart at E3. Essentially, this Nintendo Direct revealed more amazing exclusives than the original Wii got in its whole pathetic lifespan.

And hopefully, Nintendo are going to reveal new stuff at E3.

But what happened at the end? He started talking about third parties, then my feed cut out :/