NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Hmm good points but basically I would be pissed if I got notifications every 10-15 mins while engrossed in a footy match or watching Game of Thrones. Can you imagine watching the tense moment of the Red Wedding, only to be told simon has invited you to play dance central or some shit. Dealbreaker right there.

Bit of a nitpick there... these systems always come with options, ie...

Perhaps you can turn them off by saying "Xbox, leave me alone!"

You're joking but I actually imagine something like that will be in place. "Xbox, quiet mode", "Xbox, notifications off" or as setting in the menu "Notifications: On/Off/Off during TV mode/Off during video playback" - the last one is already on the 360 excluding the TV part.

Bit of a nitpick there... these systems always come with options, ie...

You're joking but I actually imagine something like that will be in place. "Xbox, quiet mode", "Xbox, notifications off" or as setting in the menu "Notifications: On/Off/Off during TV mode/Off during video playback" - the last one is already on the 360 excluding the TV part.

True. Thing about xbone is that it has done nothing to win over people who were satisfied with their ps3 like myself, while ps4 is drawing interest from previous xbox 360 owners.

Everything I hear and see about it personally just seems to piss me off.

Microsoft partners with Time Warner for new TV deal

America only, you still need a cable subscription, the cable box and xbox live gold....I really don't see the point. Sounds to me like all one would get is the ability to not have to switch channels for gaming or cable and kinect controlled television :blank:

So they are making TV even hard to use by putting it behind a myriad of systems and pay walls that the casual will never go for.

Also, you can just plug the cable box you already have into the Xbox One.

Mhm the sentence itself was a joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if something similar crops up.

It comes with a headset, you just have to supply your own tape to attach the kinect to your head.

Wow! You could not write this stuff! What a perfect choice of company :laughing:

Gives me flashbacks to how Krazy Ken left after the PS3 disaster...

Perhaps you can turn them off by saying "Xbox, leave me alone!"

True. Thing about xbone is that it has done nothing to win over people who were satisfied with their ps3 like myself, while ps4 is drawing interest from previous xbox 360 owners.

Everything I hear and see about it personally just seems to piss me off.

It comes with a headset, you just have to supply your own tape to attach the kinect to your head.

095485ce0bf6a4d7001f7241fd68b56f8e5522d5_jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

43e5904621c6d7bf1f2538e32163780dfd970859_jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

I am not now, nor have I ever been, an Xbox consumer.

:heh:

There's a petition online for people to sign to get the DRM rules re-applied to the Xbox One. If it does occur, then it will be re-branded the Xbone 360. Peoples opinions on this?

There's a petition online for people to sign to get the DRM rules re-applied to the Xbox One. If it does occur, then it will be re-branded the Xbone 360. Peoples opinions on this?

Why would people want it? If there was actually a decent benefit for customers from the system, they would have kept it for digital games.

Which was my point: if these features were actually incentives, Microsoft would have used them to entice many, many people to opt in to the DRM by getting the digital versions.

Why would people want it? If there was actually a decent benefit for customers from the system, they would have kept it for digital games.

What I would want from a new console

- Digital Downloads, don't care about DRM. I'm not going to sell or trade in any games or buy them second hand. No game boxes or swapping disks.

- Share games with friends, Microsoft's system was perfect for this. Only people I'd share with are family and they'd download it once and it'd be there forever.

- No restriction on checking in every 24 hours

Wasnt it revealed that the family plan had some pretty major restrictions anyway? Like the versions you let others used were either pretty much demos or timed?

Wasnt it revealed that the family plan had some pretty major restrictions anyway? Like the versions you let others used were either pretty much demos or timed?

yeah leaks were on GAF the family plan was basically a glorified demo system! you could play a shared library game for an hour....and worse still it was not an hour a day,week,month it was only an hour EVER and then you had to buy the game,possibly discounted.

They didn't publicisise it because it wasn't a good feature, after the leak people went through previous press releases and the details were there just so badly worded it made the system seem much better than it was

i mean who really thought MS who were implementing drm wouldallow you to share your library with 10 others, full games with 10 others?the right group of people and you could have access to a giant library

What the ...? :D They've apparently removed the picture again.

Edited by MindFreak

So the one launch game that was supposed to show off what Kinect 2.0 can do has been delayed until next year. Kinect Sports btw.

So why exactly do I need a Kinect at launch? Other than to bark voice commands which I will never do, well maybe once but then I'll turn on the pad.

Details on Smart Match

In attempt to better explain the Xbox One, Microsoft have released some details on the matchmaking.

As previously stated, you can be playing another game while matchmaking is starting.

Can someone explain the point of this feature? I can't think of any console game that I would want to play when it would get cut off at any point between 30 seconds and 15 minutes.

How many Xbox One owners won't have access to any kind of handheld console, tablet or smartphone? As handheld games (which you can continue at the next wait)

Also, people are using this to assume that the Xbox One can run a game while suspending another (even though a suspended game still takes up the same amount of RAM as it does when it's running).

Edit: I suppose there's the fact that games can load straight into the action when you boot them, but any developer could have done that on current consoles.

Edited by Cube

Not sure if it's still the case but it reminds me of the fact that the PVR aspects of a Sky+ box is locked out unless you're paying a subscription.

Can't see anyone who is buying an X1 as an AV entertainment box and not for it's gaming be too keen to pay £30 a year for a TV guide and Skype.