NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Xbox One’s Game Recording Features Restricted To Xbox Live Gold Members

Stoopid. So the hardware you bought has been designed to account for this feature in terms of allocating resources, but you're locked out of it if you don't pay. Standard.

I think that's MS's thing. They'll probably find a few things to justify it or make it easier to justify for their core audience at Gamescom. I think a price cut is due prior to release as they do have the capacity to undercut PS4. The specs are fairly well known now. It just looks greedy at this stage.

Every U turn they make on this stuff, while good for the customer still feels incredibly desperate on their part. They may as well just buy everyone hookers and get it over with.

It basically sends out the message that they are out of touch with with customer expectation. They obviously don't know what we want from the next series of consoles so keep having to change things they've announced after there's been a backlash.

All they do is have to make it smaller and cheaper, get rid of the Xbox Live paywall and invest in first party studios across the world.

Xbox One’s Game Recording Features Restricted To Xbox Live Gold Members

Stoopid. So the hardware you bought has been designed to account for this feature in terms of allocating resources, but you're locked out of it if you don't pay. Standard.

Sony's response. :D

After we learned that Xbox Live Gold will be necessary to record and stream video of games on the upcoming Xbox One, many wondered if Sony Computer Entertainment would pull the same stunt with the similar feature on the PS4.

Since Shuhei Yoshida is well known for running an alternative “customer service” on Twitter, by his own admission, many took to the social networking site to ask him the burning question, quite a few times. Luckily the answer is no. Yoshida-san confirmed that the recording and streaming feature will be accessible to everyone, regardless of their PlayStation Plus subscription status.

Shuhei is a legend. I'd love to know how he gets any work done with all the time he spends on twitter.

Every U turn they make on this stuff, while good for the customer still feels incredibly desperate on their part. They may as well just buy everyone hookers and get it over with.

and Blackjack!

First response: OMG! That power brick is huge.

Second response: What? That's actually Kinect???

How the hell does that fit under your TV?

First response: OMG! That power brick is huge.

Second response: What? That's actually Kinect???

How the hell does that fit under your TV?

Xbox One - The only console, where the required accessory is bigger than the power supply.

Really, cos I'm fairly sure my Mega Drive had controllers bigger than the power brick.

Some people actually think the HDMI cable is worth around £60 because it does 4K. Clever marketing, as all cheap 1.4b cables support 4K.

It is a Lightning-in-a-bottle phrasing that really grabs the Retinas of those who don't know, and iT reminds me of another company...

Too many reversals for me, this now confirms to me (and anyone unsure) that Microsoft are desperate now.

You cant stop the 180 baby.

But why the fuck are we paying for something we don't even need anymore? What a god damn mess.

It's a good move to remove the Kinect is needed to be connected, and from the comments i've read on various gaming sites tonight people are happy.

Would be happier if I didn't have to pay £100 Extra for something that now doesn't appear to be compulsory with console. Mark up some Kinnectless Bundles at PS4 price and you'd have my attention Microsoft.

Too many reversals for me, this now confirms to me (and anyone unsure) that Microsoft are desperate now.

You and everyone nearly everyone else here:

> Complains about an Xbox One feature

> Complains when Xbox One feature changes.

Edited by Shorty

Are we up to Xbox 1080 yet? :laughing:

That being said, I really doubt that they'll drop the Kinect from the base package. They still clearly want it to be included in every box so that they can be sure that everyone who owns the console has one.

It's basically their Wii U Gamepad. The console can function without it, but 1st party titles will be built around it - either for core functions, like in Kinect Sports Rivals, or for ancillary functions like in Dead Rising 3. Likewise, all of their non-game functionality is still built around Kinect first and foremost.

Edited by Dcubed

My biggest problem with Xbox is still the "value" proposition of Xbox Live Gold. I actually think Kinect is pretty brilliant (now that it's much more accurate and comes packaged with the console), Microsoft really need to stick by their guns. I almost think releasing Kinect for the 360 has massively tainted it as a device for the Xbox One.

I might pick one up on launch, but we'll see. I really resent paying for Xbox Live.