NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Interesting... (ignore the crazy language, it's his shtick)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561137

This guy (who has leaked dozens of things over the years on the site and has never been wrong with his leaks) has mentioned that Smartglass integration is mandatory at a "core feature" level for all Xbone launch titles...

Edit: He also claims that Dead Rising 3 (another game he leaked earlier on) has now been snatched up as an exclusive by someone... One of Microsoft's 8 exclusive titles perhaps?

Edited by Dcubed

The only zombie game I want is Left 4 Dead 3.

Left 4 Dead spoiled zombie games for me. It was just so perfectly done that I can't play others.

Unlike that masterpiece.

I just can't grasp peoples continued grievance over a service that is undeniably popular and making Microsoft a lot of money. A cost which is expunged into your gaming expenditure almost imperceptibly. There's no logical reason they would stop offering it, and the masses don't seem to mind. I get that PSN is better value, a better way to do things - what I don't get is why so many people care, and why so many people not even making use of the service can't shut up about it.

Just for my own point of view - the cost of Live is variable depending how long you buy for. I don't know how long I'll be gaming for, and the best 'deal' is essentially to renew/buy a code for a year. Recently, whilst Halo 4ing a lot with friends, my live ran out. I ended up getting a year as it's best value for money. Currently my Xbox is actually in a cupboard, and all that live is sitting there wasting away. I don't like the idea of it, but it was the most cost-sensible option. IF they offered month by month subs at the price you quote, I really wouldn't mind. However, a year's live is essentially the price of a game - if you're just using it for one or two games(essentially was just halo 4 for me) then it feels quite largely overpriced. I won't deny though, it's a huge money turner for them and that money has gone towards both the service and the console. Just think they should have absorbed the cost by now.

Having said that, I've barely played online on my PS3 due to barely playing my PS3. Journey was good, seamless. Tried Max Payne online for a bit which was ok, but had a headache trying to connect with my mate - and the lack of party chat compared to 360 did rather suck.

So far, though I've not used it much, the Wii U online has actually felt most decent - N4S and MH3 - online, no fees, voice chat off the bat with the controller. I've had barely any connection issues too.

<all the stuff about disc sharing and nominal fees for friend to then play that content

Has anybody considered this as essentially free encouragment/facilitation of digital download/distribution? Sometimes it can be hard to market digital - so imagine people playing thier mates game, falling in love with the game - then being able to simply buy it right away on their own console - maybe at a discount price of 10-20%? It's potentially increasing the profit margin on each actual game unit(ie disc case etc) produced. It could be huge, if done right.

Edited by Rummy

The only zombie game I want is Left 4 Dead 3.

Oi, stop trying to give me an erection.

Yeah, I have to say that free online does have its pulling power. I don't like subscription fees, because there's no guarantee when I will be playing and on what console. I wanna play at my own pace, goddamnit. Thus it feels just wrong to pay for something that you might not use after all.

What comes to Xbox1, the design is just friggin' horrible. It's like they took the clunkiest 90's desktop they could find and sprinkled it with ugly sauce. Good lord.

According to this article:

http://gizmodo.com/xbox-one-all-the-nerdy-details-you-dont-know-yet-509381624

The new Kinect doesn't recognise individual voices; it recognises your face, and then works out which face the voice is coming from with a directional microphone. So hopefully, it will only listen to certain players in certain situations i.e. someone in another room can't keep pausing your game for funsies.

These arguments are wank guys, come on.

"Well my gas bill costs X per month so by comparison XBL..."

Can we really justify the cost of things that should be free by looking at things that cost us more each year? So silly!

Well, there we have it, we've peaked, you've constructed the single most frustrating post on the forums to date. From the insult, to the sheep that clicked the ego-boost button as a reward for your "quote"... an extreme representation of a minor aspect of my point, without even bothering to take part in the debate themselves, to the patronising belittling of the entire discussion....

Well done, clap clap, I think you need a prize or something. Surely it can only get better from here on out. I think I need to lie down.

Completely disagree with your view on that, of course.

And if you look at the post directly above that one I made, Charlie was doing precisely what the subject of my post was about. There was no over exaggeration or sensationalist baiting in my post, thank you.

As a reminder:

Let's not pretend that we're all paying the £40 each year anyway. Last few years I've paid no more than £25 for it with offers and now being on the family pack.

It's a tiny amount of money. My phone contract costs £35 each month. For me, the £2 a month allows me to get so much more out of my console. The console that my friends and family all have as well and therefore I can play with them.

I bought the Xbox over the PS3 so I could play the Halo series, at the time my favourite game.

Well, there we have it, we've peaked, you've constructed the single most frustrating post on the forums to date. From the insult, to the sheep that clicked the ego-boost button as a reward for your "quote"... an extreme representation of a minor aspect of my point, without even bothering to take part in the debate themselves, to the patronising belittling of the entire discussion....

Well done, clap clap, I think you need a prize or something. Surely it can only get better from here on out. I think I need to lie down.

The reason we didn't say anything else is because there is little else to be said. He called you out on your weak argument, while other users simply spelled out the advantages of something being free.

Want more examples? Imagine having to pay to go to the park or the beach. I know I would be revolted, and would refuse to go to any parks or beaches that adopted such a system.

And what you said before: "Why people can't shut up about it if it doesn't affect them". The reason it doesn't affect them is because the problem was big enough to turn them off the product. I thought this much was obvious.

The new Kinect doesn't recognise individual voices; it recognises your face, and then works out which face the voice is coming from with a directional microphone. So hopefully, it will only listen to certain players in certain situations i.e. someone in another room can't keep pausing your game for funsies.

Eh, I still think that someone shouting "Fuck Off!" during a game will end up turning the thing off :heh:

Completely disagree with your view on that, of course.

And if you look at the post directly above that one I made, Charlie was doing precisely what the subject of my post was about. There was no over exaggeration or sensationalist baiting in my post, thank you.

As a reminder:

You can't decide how people justify a cost of something. The only person who can 'justify' a cost is the person paying it. Millions of people world wide pay for Xbox Live Gold and I'm pretty sure if they couldn't justify it they wouldn't pay it.

In my post I was justifying why I pay it each month and will continue to do so.

If you don't want to pay it, or get the Xbox One, I can direct you to the PlayStation 4 thread where you're welcome to talk about the free online network as much as you want. If you don't want Xbox Live Gold don't get it, don't tell other people that they shouldn't get it.

You think a phone contract is as different to Xbox Live as a gas bill? They're both subscription services, both enable you to use your gadget online, one is 12x more expensive than the other but people are willing to pay for it without batting an eyelid....

why won't you let this die =(

The reason we didn't say anything else is because there is little else to be said. He called you out on your weak argument, while other users simply spelled out the advantages of something being free.
I only talked about the relatively low cost, I never tried to present an argument for the merits of XBL. Otherwise I might've brought up the party chat, free trials to all XBLA games, free points through XBL Rewards, more stable and secure multiplayer, faster downloads, way faster updates, never having lost millions of users' credit card details.... Edited by Shorty

Oh...you didn't just go there regarding XBL merits over PSN. :p Never gonna work.

It's clear why I made my point, as someone was justifying the relatively low cost of something by comparing to other outgoing costs. Even if it was one point of a few, it's still a bad point.

You could justify the cost of anything if you do that.

Just had a thought.... but I assume a Live supscription isn't required for the whole "must be online" and "to activate" games stuff and such?

You need Xbox Live to connect to the internet on your machine yeah, same as now. But silver is free.

what is the point in comparing xbox live subscription fees to gas bills and mobile phone costs? It is completely irrelevant. The point is there are 3 consoles available, 2 of which offer free online services and 1 does not, however you xbox fanboys want to justify this cost (and good luck to you if you are happy to pay for something that is free elsewhere) it can only be a negative. I'm an average bloke, married with 2 kids etc, I won't buy xbox 1 purely because of the subscription and this thought process will apply to a very large demograph. Bottom line is that this can only damage sales as will the used game debacle.

what is the point in comparing xbox live subscription fees to gas bills and mobile phone costs? It is completely irrelevant. The point is there are 3 consoles available, 2 of which offer free online services and 1 does not, however you xbox fanboys want to justify this cost (and good luck to you if you are happy to pay for something that is free elsewhere) it can only be a negative. I'm an average bloke, married with 2 kids etc, I won't buy xbox 1 purely because of the subscription and this thought process will apply to a very large demograph. Bottom line is that this can only damage sales as will the used game debacle.

I'm not a fanboy. I should point out that at this juncture I'm more inclined to get a PS4 than an Xbox One. And that I have a PS3 and an Xbox, subscribe to both PS+ and Xbox Live Gold, I think I'm in a position to have an objective stance on the services. I don't want to be called a fanboy by someone who put "Nintendo fanboy" as their forum biography.

And next person to claim I mentioned gas bills is getting banned.

...I don' get what's childish... It's just a twitter poll.

I don't want to swap consoles instead of games. I don't want to spend more money on less content. I don't want kinect in my house, to pay for a subscription to adverts, to pay for used games. I don't like the way the console is going and I pray that the steam box exists and solves all problems!

Asking to "pledge your allegiance" to two freshly-announced, unreleased consoles? Replace "Sony and Microsoft" with "Sega and Nintendo", and you have a better idea of why it bothers me that so many adults would partake in this.

I don't want to swap consoles instead of games. I don't want to spend more money on less content. I don't want kinect in my house, to pay for a subscription to adverts, to pay for used games. I don't like the way the console is going and I pray that the steam box exists and solves all problems!

No interest in the PS4?

The PC dark side has been tempting me lately.