NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

You know, I don't think the Xbox One S does have a UHD Blu-ray Player.

It was shown as "4k Ultra HD Video and Blu-ray". There's a good chance that's to be read as (4k Ultra HD Video) and Blu-ray.

That would be very misleading. Pretty sure its a UHD Blu Ray player.

What is interesting is how MS are handling the spec changes and no generations aspect. From the Sony leaks we saw PS4 games will only have Neo 'profiles'. This is very different to MS who are implying these games will be more than just profile settings.

Also wouldn't the scorpio hold back any future console with this approach. Its best for Scorpio as a starting point but bad for future iterations as they are held back by old hardware. Windows itself has BC issues.

CpDSn6t.png

Edited by Choze

That would be very misleading. Pretty sure its a UHD Blu Ray player.

£250 for a UHD Blu-ray player would be very cheap, to the point where Samsung and Panasonic may as well stop making their just released models. They didn't use the UHD Blu-ray logo anywhere, but they did show Netflix in their demo. I really really really hope it's a UHD Blu-ray player and it's just me being overly paranoid.

Either way I think I'll be picking up the £249 model and use my existing 2TB external HDD with it, just for the HDR in games. No point spending £350 when I'd only be replacing it with the Scorpio next year.

I'm liking the look of Sea Of Theives.

Would be great to get quite a few of us on here to form a few different crews on different ships, form an armada and terrorise the player-base on this as the N-E Pirates!

Edited by Kav

I'd like to see pictures of the Xbox 360 S in black. Looks like the 1TB and 500GB will be out later than August.

I hope they've added a few more USB too. Especially if one is going to be used up by a Kinect adapter now.

£250 for a UHD Blu-ray player would be very cheap, to the point where Samsung and Panasonic may as well stop making their just released models. They didn't use the UHD Blu-ray logo anywhere, but they did show Netflix in their demo. I really really really hope it's a UHD Blu-ray player and it's just me being overly paranoid.

Either way I think I'll be picking up the £249 model and use my existing 2TB external HDD with it, just for the HDR in games. No point spending £350 when I'd only be replacing it with the Scorpio next year.

It does have a UHD Blu Ray drive as part of its specs. HDR on Blu Ray is good not sure about any real world difference for games.

This whole thing seems really quite strange to me. Why release a full price console this December that will be out of date within a year? Who is really going to buy it when they know the works is coming so soon?

The 1TB S model might look nice and all but the console is still weaker than the PS4, and it was a lot bigger than the PS4 to begin with so it's not like it's getting an edge by being smaller. The number of people buying for 4K Blu Ray alone I imagine is going to be quiet small.

Just seems a very odd decision - if I were someone looking to buy I'd probably buy the really quite cheap (especially after this announcement) base model, then upgrade to the Scorpio. Paying £300 right now for the 1TB does not seem worth it.

Edited by Sheikah

Would be great to get quite a few of us on here to form a few different crews on different ships, form an armada and terrorise the player-base on this as the N-E Pirates!

I'd definitely be interested in this. I imagine it will have cross-platform play.

Is it just Xbone and PC? Or will it come to PS4?

Fair enough. Maybe if it turns out to be great, I'll see whether my laptop can run it.

I do enjoy a spot of pirating every now and then.

Yep would be very good, something like this is also the only way I can see it working as surely communication is absolutely key!

Just occurred to me that there's a good chance the Xbox One S UHD Blu-Ray player won't support Dolby Atmos. That's part of what makes UHD Blu-Ray appealing. This is due to the way the Xbox One re-encodes all its audio so that it can do app snapping.

Microsoft throwing punches after the PS4Pro reveal...

[tweet]773608657007280128[/tweet]

Article with Microsoft statement released after the Sony showing:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-08-microsofts-bullish-response-to-sonys-ps4-pro-and-slim

Starting at £249, Xbox One S is the only console available today with built-in 4K Blu-ray - a value price compared to 4K Blu-ray players. It also offers 4K video streaming plus HDR for video and gaming."

"Launching holiday 2017, Project Scorpio is the next member of the Xbox One family and will be the most powerful console ever created with 6TFLOPS capable of delivering true 4K gaming"

Last night Sony confirmed the PS4 Pro offers 4.2TFLOPS of power

Microsoft throwing punches after the PS4Pro reveal...

Another punch lands today with the tests showing Xbox Live to be the fastest/most reliable network.

About time MS hit back! (Some three years late) :p

Another punch lands today with the tests showing Xbox Live to be the fastest/most reliable network.

About time MS hit back! (Some three years late) :p

Well of course it would be, there's a lot more people on the PS4 network.

Throwing punches. I'll be here all night.

October's Games with Gold:

Xbox One Xbox Live Gold members get Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings for free during the month of October.

The Escapists is free from 16th October to 15th November.

On Xbox 360, from 1st October to 15th October you can get MX vs ATV Reflex. Then, on 16th October, you can download I Am Alive until 31st October.

Nothing I want unfortunately. I was thinking about signing up for Gold with this new Xbox but I think I'll wait and see if theres anything worthwhile next month. Problem I'm going to have is that any Xbox One games they put on I'll either have been interested enough to already buy it or if its multiplatform then I would buy it on PC or PS4 anyway.

Xbox One S all plugged in and downloading updates

20160922_182043.jpg

Very nice looking console.

I nearly buckled and picked one up myself today. The Tesco deal ( £199 with FIFA 17 ) was VERY tempting.

Very nice looking console.

I nearly buckled and picked one up myself today. The Tesco deal ( £199 with FIFA 17 ) was VERY tempting.

That annoyed me. I also got the Tesco deal but it was £224 earlier in the week. I'm just too lazy to send the console back and order it again.

That annoyed me. I also got the Tesco deal but it was £224 earlier in the week. I'm just too lazy to send the console back and order it again.

Is the OS still a piece of junk on the thing?

Is the OS still a piece of junk on the thing?

Mine's still downloading the update but from what I hear the OS is even worse than before.

Its only been a day and I'm already pissed off!

Bought the physical copy of Halo 5 and installed it, 45 gigs. Big game but thats the way things are going. Before I can play the game though I have to download an update, unfortunate but also the way things are going. 45 FUCKING GIGS! I only bought the game to play the fucking single player! You can bet the majority of that update is multiplayer stuff I will never touch.