NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Now that it's been patched to have acceptable load times ReCore is a pretty fantastic game. Sadly I just don't turn my One on enough (still haven't beat Halo 5)

It's a game that I've had my eye on ever since it was first shown. I get the feeling that's it's a fun but flawed game. It kinda reminds me of the kind of middle ground games, the likes of THQ used to make, that we no longer get anymore.

I wanted Quantum Break as I loved Alan Wake. I'm quite interested to see how the melding of a game and TV show works out.

I set everything up last night. Still baffles me how MS think the UI is acceptable or even useable for consumers. Stuff is hidden all over the place and the general layout is such a mess.

I fired up Gears of War 4 and jumped straight into horde mode with my brother. With the help of his wife and a couple of mates we went from wave 1-50 on insane difficulty. Feels good to play this again. #BrothersTilTheEnd :D

Yeah the UI and OS itself is absolute trash and runs rather poorly. It's just plain sad since at one point they use to understand user experience. Then they did Windows 8 followed be the Xbox One.

Quantum Break I only played a little of but it's definitely a solid experience.

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon ( two of the best JRPGs from last gen, IMO ) are now available for digital download. As a special treat, Microsoft are giving away Lost Odyssey away for free. You have until 31st Dec to download it.

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon ( two of the best JRPGs from last gen, IMO ) are now available for digital download. As a special treat, Microsoft are giving away Lost Odyssey away for free. You have until 31st Dec to download it.

Mental. Awesome game.

Is that for everyone or just Xbox Live Gold users?

Not sure. I have gold myself so it's showing up as free for me.

I'll have to plug my Xbox in later and check. Quantum Break arrived today so I need to install and update that anyway.

Gutted that Microsoft are dropping the ability to snap in the next Xbox One update. I use that a lot.

Let's hope that they finally allow us to play our own music in the background as a custom soundtrack while playing a game, without having to buy into any additional subscriptions. :indeed:

Mike1988uk was telling me he's on the insider program thing for the One and he's currently testing a new style dashboard. The achievements are now a little easier to access and more fluid and there's also an achievement tracker that can be added to the screen anywhere you choose. So if you're grinding for achievements you can place it on the screen and watch your real time progress. I like that!

Christ knows the Xbox dashboard needs changing though. It's pretty bad compared to how it used to be.

Mike1988uk was telling me he's on the insider program thing for the One and he's currently testing a new style dashboard. The achievements are now a little easier to access and more fluid and there's also an achievement tracker that can be added to the screen anywhere you choose. So if you're grinding for achievements you can place it on the screen and watch your real time progress. I like that!

Christ knows the Xbox dashboard needs changing though. It's pretty bad compared to how it used to be.

That's a great idea! The Xbox achievements are definitely better than the PS ones. I remember when doing one of the Assassin's Creed trophies, I read that you could see how much further you had to go on Xbox, but the PS4 was just a mystery until you unlocked it. Rubbish.

That's a great idea! The Xbox achievements are definitely better than the PS ones. I remember when doing one of the Assassin's Creed trophies, I read that you could see how much further you had to go on Xbox, but the PS4 was just a mystery until you unlocked it. Rubbish.

Yeah, the counter on the Xbox One is great for tracking stuff. Sadly, not every game or achievement implements it, so you're still left guessing.

Totally. I just couldn't invest into trophies like I could achievements. But PS4 was much more fluid and so fast accessing trophies and comparing with friends.

It was the biggest complaint I had with my PS3 (slooooow trophies list) so it's good they made the overall UI blazing quick.

I also have a Windows phone and the Xbox app is amazing. When I unlock achievements I get a phone notification which is a bit pointless but I enjoy. Once I've finished playing I can just read through what I've unlocked which I like.

Anybody ever had their Xbox One randomly decide it wants to move everything from one HDD to another? Mine decided to do it while I was watching a film and, because it was trying to move 3TB onto 1TB, I kept getting messages pop up saying there wasn't enough space. I wasn't impressed.

I was in the mood for some Gears last night, so I decided to fire up the console and have a few matches. I had a big update to download for the machine. This took around 40 mins to complete. I then fired Gears up to find there was a 20GB update. I ended up just switching the console off.

MS really need to sort the size of their update/installs out. I've got 4 games on the console and my HDD is pretty much full. It's a joke. :mad:

I was in the mood for some Gears last night, so I decided to fire up the console and have a few matches. I had a big update to download for the machine. This took around 40 mins to complete. I then fired Gears up to find there was a 20GB update. I ended up just switching the console off.

MS really need to sort the size of their update/installs out. I've got 4 games on the console and my HDD is pretty much full. It's a joke. :mad:

Similar for me with The Division, fancied a quick blast on it...20GB update. Fuggedabouit.

A week later I just wanted to watch Netflix and had to update the console with a 1GB system update, by the time it downloaded I had to go back to work!

If this generation has given me one thing, it's bloated install and update sizes. 500GB was never enough internal memory if they knew games not only needed to be installed but then have these huge updates as well.

Not to get too Nintendo, but I marvel at some of their file sizes in comparison to games on my Xbox!

I've shut it back off before when my fucking controller needed to download an update.....

This exact same thing happened again to me over the weekend. I wanted a break from Zelda and decided to blow some stuff up in Gears. I turned on my One and there was an update to download. That gets finished and then there's another one for Gears. :nono::nono::nono:

On a happier note, I see Phantom Dust is being released today and best of all it's free!

[TWEET]864239501383684096[/TWEET]

I've been wanting to play this for a long time and i'm happy that I will finally be able to see what all the fuss is about and if it's worth of the praise it has received over the years.

On a happier note, I see Phantom Dust is being released today and best of all it's free!

I've been wanting to play this for a long time and i'm happy that I will finally be able to see what all the fuss is about and if it's worth of the praise it has received over the years.

This game has been on my radar for a while, so I've wanted to buy it to play as soon as it's released on the Xbox One being that we didn't get it on the original Xbox over here in Europe.

Especially as it's directed and produced by Yukio Futatsugi who's the director of Panzer Dragoon, one of my favourite game series of all time. :D

But for free?!? My god... I would have paid good money for this, getting on it right away, finally a reason to turn on my Xbox One again. :)

Just as well I switched on my Xbox One now... guess what? Another system update! :hmm:

Edited by S.C.G

But for free?!? My god... I would have paid good money for this, getting on it right away, finally a reason to turn on my Xbox One again. :)

Get ready for dem updates. :D

I didn't realize that Yukio Futatsugi directed this and Ring of Red until I read the Gaf thread this morning. It's a very welcome surprise.

Get ready for dem updates. :D

I didn't realize that Yukio Futatsugi directed this and Ring of Red until I read the Gaf thread this morning. It's a very welcome surprise.

Yeah, he's been involved with a surprising range of different projects, I'm mostly familiar with his work on Panzer Dragoon though but I'm always interested in his other works. :)

It seems that Phantom Dust isn't on the store yet, hopefully it's up by this evening with any luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annnd now my Xbox is updated... twice for some reason and my external hard drive is no longer booting up despite over half an hour of troubleshooting. :(

The hard drive was working fine before the update, it was taking ages so I went away and left it, came back to find the Xbox One presumably updated but the hard drive off, I checked for updates again to confirm and it said there was another update available so I downloaded that, still no joy.

I've turned the machine off, unplugged the power to the hard drive, the USB, powered off the console, restarted with the drive on/off or connected/disconnected, still no luck.

So I've just turned it all off and I probably won't bother with it now until the next update rolls out which will hopefully fix whatever it is that they've broken about hard drive support because I haven't had any trouble until now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, shit... I swapped out the lead from my identical type pf hard drive I have for my Wii U and now it's fine so nevermind. :p

Nearly 11PM and still no sign of Phantom Dust :( time to turn the machine off for the night and hope the game is there tomorrow.

Edited by S.C.G

Nearly 11PM and still no sign of Phantom Dust :( time to turn the machine off for the night and hope the game is there tomorrow.

Yeah, they had trouble uploading the thing to the servers. It was up on the store this morning, so you should be good to download it now.

Yeah, they had trouble uploading the thing to the servers. It was up on the store this morning, so you should be good to download it now.

Fuuny thing is, last night it was up - after I'd turned off the machine of course - but I still tried to download it before going to sleep, got to around 30% and then I just decided to turn it off for the night being that it was 2am and I didn't really want to leave theXbox One on over night - dat power consumption - but I've got the machine on now while it's hapily downloading the rest of the game after telling me that it had stopped downloading it about four times over. :p

Anyway, I should finally get to play Phantom Dust today! :)