NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Curry's have a pretty cool bank holiday deal with the One at the min.

One S, plus Forza Horizon 3, plus a coloured wireless official controller for £199.99.

Well, that seems good to me anyway! For anyone interested :)

Thought I might finally try and get back to playing some Xbox One games today so I set my Xbox to download a load of updates while I was at work. Stupid system! Instead of cancelling the previous Gears 4 one that had been paused a while ago it spent all day downloading it then when I got home it told me there was now another 24 gig update for Gears 4 to download!

Thought I might finally try and get back to playing some Xbox One games today so I set my Xbox to download a load of updates while I was at work. Stupid system! Instead of cancelling the previous Gears 4 one that had been paused a while ago it spent all day downloading it then when I got home it told me there was now another 24 gig update for Gears 4 to download!

Yeah, a huge update for Horde mode dropped yesterday. I'm scared to even switch mine on now. All I seem to do is download updates on the thing. :D

That actually makes me feel a bit better then. It made it seem like the update system was badly designed and wouldn't just cancel a download and start the new one.

24 gigs is way too big of an update though. Xbox is easily the worst this gen for oversized patches. I can just about accept it for some day one patches but updates that big afterwards drive me nuts.

Ok someone tell me. Did Forza Horizon 3 get a 5 gig update this week? If not then the Xbox One is as poorly designed as I originally thought and it let me download an old paused update instead of cancelling and starting the most current one :(

Ok someone tell me. Did Forza Horizon 3 get a 5 gig update this week? If not then the Xbox One is as poorly designed as I originally thought and it let me download an old paused update instead of cancelling and starting the most current one :(

Wouldn't it need to download both anyway?

Wouldn't it need to download both anyway?

Honestly I've never really known how updates are stuck together on consoles. I just know I've had my PS4 cancel updates before when a new one comes along and its a lot more helpful. Plus this new update didnt come up until I put the game in earlier.

So where is everyone going to be watching Microsoft's E3 2017 Briefing?

I'm going with Twitch...

https://www.twitch.tv/xbox

There is Mixer - for dat 4K stream - but I didn't like the look of that, plus when the stream gets choppy it will probably be more like 480p than 4K to watch it without any issues. :p

Either way, 10PM UK time, should be good hopefully. :)

So where is everyone going to be watching Microsoft's E3 2017 Briefing?

I'm going with Twitch...

https://www.twitch.tv/xbox

There is Mixer - for dat 4K stream - but I didn't like the look of that, plus when the stream gets choppy it will probably be more like 480p than 4K to watch it without any issues. :p

Either way, 10PM UK time, should be good hopefully. :)

Apparently Microsoft are giving away free stuff to those who watch it via Mixer and link their Xbox accounts to it. I'll probably watch it through that. :D

Todally forgot Microsoft is doing their thing tonight :D

Will most likely tune in. Twitch for me.

Apparently Microsoft are giving away free stuff to those who watch it via Mixer and link their Xbox accounts to it. I'll probably watch it through that. :D

Wherever there's "free" stuff, there's always a price somewhere down the line, not that it isn't tempting though. ;)

As usual I'll be watching Giant Bomb talk over it so I'll use their site or the Youtube stream.

With their 360 BC now in full swing, I would love MS to extend it to the original Xbox as well. There are some absolute classics stuck on that platform and I would love an announcement that would allow for these games to be played on modern hardware.

With their 360 BC now in full swing, I would love MS to extend it to the original Xbox as well. There are some absolute classics stuck on that platform and I would love an announcement that would allow for these games to be played on modern hardware.

I've just been in the mood to play the original Buffy game again lately so that's all I would really need.

It's essentially money left on the table, I would pay up to £10 per game if I could play those original Xbox titles on my Xbox One with near-perfect emulation. :D

I would definitely rebuy ALL of the Sega games... Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Outrun 2, Phantasy Star Online, Gunvalkyrie, Shenmue II, ToeJam & Earl III... :heart:

And that's just games from one label, imagine all of the others. :)

It's essentially money left on the table, I would pay up to £10 per game if I could play those original Xbox titles on my Xbox One with near-perfect emulation. :D

I would definitely rebuy ALL of the Sega games... Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Outrun 2, Phantasy Star Online, Gunvalkyrie, Shenmue II, ToeJam & Earl III... :heart:

You won't need Shenmue II with the HD collection definitely being announced at this E3! No doubt in my mind..........possibly..........maybe.........probably not.

I've just been in the mood to play the original Buffy game again lately so that's all I would really need.

What a gem! That game was a big reason why I picked up a Xbox back in the day.

Yup. I imagine I would go on a big eBay spree to pick up most of those games and more.

What a gem! That game was a big reason why I picked up a Xbox back in the day.

Yep me too. I think it was my first Xbox game actually.

Yup. I imagine I would go on a big eBay spree to pick up most of those games and more.

Ah, well if they all end up running from the original discs then all the better, I already have those but if there were any games I didn't have or if the original disc didn't look to good then I'd consider rebuying them on the store even though I own the original games is what I mean. :)

I'd be happy with just download only but running from the original discs would be amazing, it's part of the reason I have some of my original Xbox games still alongside my 360 and One titles. : peace:

I think the only original Xbox game I have left is Shenmue II. Must have traded the rest in.

Probably the only panel I'll be skipping out on this year (I have college first thing tomorrow morning and I don't own an Xbox One).

My current plan is to wake up half an hour ahead of the Bethesda panel tomorrow morning to catch up on Scorpio/Xbox news, and this is actually the most excited I've been for an Xbox E3 panel in quite a while.

They're exuding a confidence I don't think we've seen from them since the start of this generation of gaming hardware almost 4 years ago, so I hope that means there's a lot of great news and surprises in store for tonight! :D

I'm going to watch it, but I'm honestly not bothered about it or excited or have any real feelings towards it. No plans to buy a One or a Scorpio or any MS machine.

Still, it's new hardware, so it may be worth watching just to see what's up.

I'll probably be to busy to watch. Though I'll say I've joined the group of people lately that turn on their console to see a waiting update.

Haha journalists really shouldn't be trying to spread nonsense to hype up consoles. Doesn't do them a favour. No way would the Scorpio be priced higher than the current PS4 Pro with just a 10% increase in clock speeds.

1fICLhg.png

Edited by Choze

Says a lot that the biggest reaction from the crowd came from the announcement of BC for the original Xbox. Nothing much to get excited about in that conference other than the Ori 2 reveal.