NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Yep. Turned it on again yesterday as well and it did the same thing.

Hmm you don't have Kinect turning your TV on and off do you? Perhaps because I do I'm missing that part of the boot up.

Hmm you don't have Kinect turning your TV on and off do you? Perhaps because I do I'm missing that part of the boot up.

No I unplugged Kinect a while ago. I assume you dont see it because you already have Gold.

No I unplugged Kinect a while ago. I assume you dont see it because you already have Gold.

Yeah could also be that I guess.

E3 details.

Today, we announced the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing will take place Monday, June 15, beginning at 12:30p ET/9:30a PT. You can watch the live stream of the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing on Xbox.com, via the Xbox Live Events Player, on Xbox One or Xbox 360 consoles and on Windows Phone globally. You can also watch the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing during “Xbox: Game On” on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada at 12:30p ET/9:30a PT.

I’m happy to report we’re also bringing back Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3 – our live show that covers everything Xbox happening at E3.

Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3

Who: Hosted by me and Graeme Boyd, Xbox Live’s Acey Bongos. Includes guest stars and industry elites, including Head of Xbox Phil Spencer and guests from 343 Industries, Turn 10 Studios, Crystal Dynamics, and others.

What: A one hour show featuring breaking news, exclusive announcements, trailer reveals, game demos, and interviews with game creators.

When: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 7p ET/4p PT – 8p ET/5p PT.

Where: The show will be streamed live on Xbox One, Xbox.com both on your desktop and mobile, and Xbox 360. Each show will also have interactive experiences created just for fans watching live on Xbox One.

And finally, if you’re in the LA-area, we have something even bigger for you – Xbox FanFest: E3 2015.

Xbox FanFest: E3 2015

Xbox will give 500 lucky fans a one-of-a-kind ticket for E3 week, the gaming industry’s biggest showcase. The Xbox FanFest Ticket will include:

- Entry into the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing on Monday, June 15th, 9:30 am PT, at the Galen Center in downtown Los Angeles.

- Invite to the exclusive Xbox FanFest Party, Monday afternoon, June 15th, where fans will get to play the best exclusives and biggest blockbuster games this holiday and beyond.

- VIP access to the Xbox eSports Celebrity Challenge Tuesday night.

- Meet-and-greet with some of the industry’s top developers, leaders and influencers.

- Even more surprise events during the week.

When is Xbox FanFest?

Sunday, June 14th through Thursday, June 18th.

Where Do I Get Tickets?

Exact time and place to be announced soon

How Many Tickets Will Be Available?

500 tickets

What Are the Details?

Tickets will be first-come, first-serve.

You must be 21+ years of age.

You must have an Xbox Live gamertag.

One ticket; one person – tickets are non-transferable and cannot be resold.

You’ll have to fill out a liability waiver form.

Okay, I’m in! What do I need to do?

Be 21+ years of age.

Be in LA the weekend before E3.

Get ready to see the greatest games lineup in Xbox history.

Head on over to the Xbox E3 Online Experience for complete information, as well as the Xbox FanFest: E3 201 rules and regulations. And stay tuned to Xbox Wire for all the latest updates and news on E3!

Got my free code for Halo 3 ODST today. I'll probably give it a try but playing the Master Chief Collection kind of made me realise that I'm completely bored with Halo games now so I cant see myself completing it.

So I've signed up to unblock.us so I could access bbc iplayer, 4OD and pick my Netflix region. However I was pretty happy to find that there is a way that's borderline legit to get a Canadian credit card to work with both Hulu and Sling TV. When buying petrol in the US with a credit card you have to provide your zip code, due to many Canadian banks being closely tied to US banks there is a way to make a zip code out of your standard postal code take away all the letters input the 3 numbers that are left and add 00 to the end. What do you know it worked so now for $7.99 I have access to all the wonderfulness of Hulu.

I've also started the 30 day trial of Sling.tv which for $19.99 offers 14 channels including ESPN, ESPN2, AMC, A&E, TNT, HISTORY, H2, TBS, Food Network, HGTV and Travel Channel.and others. For another $5 I could add an even better sports bundle as well. also for an extra $15 I can have HBO. It's month by month so no contract and basically if I was to add HBO at $35 it represents the cheapest possible way to get access to this such a broad variety of channels and HBO. If I was to get a cable package it would be $10-$15 a month for the cable box rental alone plus the rest would likely add to around 3 times that price to have the same channels plus a bunch of garbage.+

All in for hulu+sling+unblock us (share a netflix account with brother in law) currently looking at around $32.97 can't say fairer than that!

@flameboy how did you and Nintenchris enjoy Microsoft's E3?

Personally, I thought they had a great showing, with some great games all heading our way this year.

For me, one of the best announcements out of E3 was the Rare Replay collection. I love that company to bits and having 30 of their games for £20 is a dream come true.

I've been hearing mixed things about the Gears remaster, which is a shame as I was really looking forward to it.

Halo 5 looks fantastic. TBH the multiplayer doesn't really interest me anymore. It's the campaign I'm wanting to get my hands on. Blue Team, baby! :D

Got my free code for Halo 3 ODST today. I'll probably give it a try but playing the Master Chief Collection kind of made me realise that I'm completely bored with Halo games now so I cant see myself completing it.

Actually ODST had a really good story, which might be enough to keep you playing. I'd definately give it a go.

To be honest I might be getting rid of my Xbox One soon anyway so I doubt I'll play it.

@flameboy how did you and Nintenchris enjoy Microsoft's E3?

Personally, I thought they had a great showing, with some great games all heading our way this year.

For me, one of the best announcements out of E3 was the Rare Replay collection. I love that company to bits and having 30 of their games for £20 is a dream come true.

I've been hearing mixed things about the Gears remaster, which is a shame as I was really looking forward to it.

Halo 5 looks fantastic. TBH the multiplayer doesn't really interest me anymore. It's the campaign I'm wanting to get my hands on. Blue Team, baby! :D

I think they had the best showing out of the platform holders. As I wrote on twitter I'll decide if Sony "won" E3 2015 in 2018 when all their big hitters from the press conference are finally out.

I've always maintained I got the Xbox One because the launch line up was stronger and with the promise of the likes of Sunset Overdrive the first year was far more appealing. E3 just maintained that view for me. They have 7 great exclusives out in the second half of 2015!

Rare Replay looks great, insane value they easily could have chunked these off by generation and sold each collection for the same price and people would still have been happy! The presentation looks top notch, there are ton of developer diaries on there, also love the NES Remix style challenges that are in. You'd like to think they will be closely following players achievements and see what games are getting beaten and may let that inform future game decisions. Whilst this collection is great for us older games (I remember Knightlore!) it's also introducing those franchises to whole new generation and it'll be interesting to see what resonates with people.

Sea of Thieves on the other hand doesn't interest me at all and I'm fearful that this could be Rare's last chance saloon so to speak. They've likely been gagging to make new games and if this doesn't sell well then you gotta wonder what the future means for them, with all their past titles out there in a cheap collection.

I'm looking forward to playing Gears of War for the first time. I've mostly sucked at the beta but I'm slowly getting better.

Halo 5 looks great and is definitely spurring me on to finish off the rest of MCC (only for 4 and ODST left to play) in time for it's release. Warzone mode looks like my sort of fun.

Backwards compatibility is awesome and from the sounds of things by the time it properly launches there should be 100s of titles out there. With more and more coming out in batches of 100. Also Bethesda and Ubisoft seem to have set a fantastic precedent with Fallout 3 coming with Fallout 4 and both Rainbow Six Vegas games coming with Rainbow Six Siege.

It's also insane to think that whilst Microsoft did show off some new stuff for next year and perhaps beyond they also held back two huge 2016 releases in Quantum Break and Crackdown for Gamescom. Not to compare too much to Sony but that's clearly not the case with them.

This isn't even mentioning third party titles; I've got Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront preordered too!

I think that answers your question right? :heh:

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-23%20at%2021.28.10_zpsijbizttu.png

Not sure if posted somewhere else or anything but seen this on Facebook and thought I'd post it. I don't know anyone looking to pick one up on here but it's a bloody good price for all that.

That is an amazing price, albeit with two games I had no intention of buying...

Still, I've set myself a date for which I'm allowed to get a next gen console, and it ain't yet.

That is an amazing price, albeit with two games I had no intention of buying...

Still, I've set myself a date for which I'm allowed to get a next gen console, and it ain't yet.

I think you should bring it forward. :heh:

I really wish I could....but my fiancée would likely kill me. And then I would be dead, and no use to anyone.

I havent seen the videos for the new UI stuff coming yet but I really hope its good. The Xbox One UI and system is what absolutely broke that console for me and completely put me off it.

I havent seen the videos for the new UI stuff coming yet but I really hope its good. The Xbox One UI and system is what absolutely broke that console for me and completely put me off it.

I really like the look of it. I seen it demoed during one of Microsofts Live sessions at E3. It certainly looks a lot better than what it is now.

They also need to sort out basic things like letting you play a game while its downloading updates. I dont want to get stuck getting updates for Halo and not being able to play the game.

They also need to sort out basic things like letting you play a game while its downloading updates. I dont want to get stuck getting updates for Halo and not being able to play the game.

See that's on a game per game basis. I've had The Witcher let me know a new update has downloaded and will be applied next time I boot the game. It's really weird that a first party title like Halo had those problems...but then again that game had a lot of problems in general.

@flameboy have you listened to this weeks episode of Podcast Unlocked? The panel consists of Phil Spencer, Peter Moore and Seamus Blackley and they discuss the history of the Xbox brand. I've still got around half an hour to go but so far it has been absolutely brilliant.

I think Phil Spencer is a top notch guy, who seems very genuine and a big gamer. I love that he quite happily praises the competition ( I've seen Shu do this as well for Sony) and doesn't come across as just some PR guy. The difference between him and someone like Reggie is night and day.

Yeah Phil Spencer was quite good on Giant Bomb's after hours E3 content as well.

I haven't listened to them since before E3. A lot of people said they put a massive downer on E3 with their constant bitching and general negativity and then the latest epsiode of the podcast apparently has Batman spoilers in them. The spoiler issue is one that has happened before and the guys just don't seem to give a toss about it. Bad form in my eyes.

I haven't listened to them since before E3. A lot of people said they put a massive downer on E3 with their constant bitching and general negativity and then the latest epsiode of the podcast apparently has Batman spoilers in them. The spoiler issue is one that has happened before and the guys just don't seem to give a toss about it. Bad form in my eyes.

The commentating over the conferences wasnt nearly as good as it was before but the after hours shows were brilliant and I really recommend them. The last segment of the last show was drunk Adam Boyes, drunk John Vignocchi and drunk Dave Lang. If you can then watch instead of listen to that, its so worth it!

Just finished listening to the podcast episode now. Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! The banter between the 3 of them was fantastic and the story about Gates trying to play bridge online was hilarious.

Ballmer giving the all clear to fund the RROD replacements was a great story. Insane how much that cost the company but at the same time it kept the fans relatively happy and helped protect the brand through the rough early years.

I could listen to Phil Spencer all day. I love how apologetic he is for way the Xbox One started out and can quite easily admit that the way the launch was handled was an absolute mess. He even has a stab at the whole TV TV TV thing.

Easily one of the best, funniest and most interesting episodes of any podcast I've ever listened to. Highly recommended.

Just finished listening to the podcast episode now. Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! The banter between the 3 of them was fantastic and the story about Gates trying to play bridge online was hilarious.

Ballmer giving the all clear to fund the RROD replacements was a great story. Insane how much that cost the company but at the same time it kept the fans relatively happy and helped protect the brand through the rough early years.

I could listen to Phil Spencer all day. I love how apologetic he is for way the Xbox One started out and can quite easily admit that the way the launch was handled was an absolute mess. He even has a stab at the whole TV TV TV thing.

Easily one of the best, funniest and most interesting episodes of any podcast I've ever listened to. Highly recommended.

Never listened to a podcast before, not even sure exactly what one is. How do I download it? Sounds interesting.