NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

@flameboy have you listened to this weeks episode of Podcast Unlocked? The panel consists of Phil Spencer, Peter Moore and Seamus Blackley and they discuss the history of the Xbox brand. I've still got around half an hour to go but so far it has been absolutely brilliant.

I think Phil Spencer is a top notch guy, who seems very genuine and a big gamer. I love that he quite happily praises the competition ( I've seen Shu do this as well for Sony) and doesn't come across as just some PR guy. The difference between him and someone like Reggie is night and day.

I haven't but it's next on my podcast playlist so will be giving it a listen very soon. I'm very interested in listening to Peter Moore as I know less about that era due to owning a PS3. I know the red ring stuff happened but less about how it was addressed etc...

I totally agree about Phil Spencer I think this console generation would be very very different if he had been in charge from the beginning. He just gets it. Imagine him turning Nintendo round the way he has the one.

The commentating over the conferences wasnt nearly as good as it was before but the after hours shows were brilliant and I really recommend them. The last segment of the last show was drunk Adam Boyes, drunk John Vignocchi and drunk Dave Lang. If you can then watch instead of listen to that, its so worth it!

I still enjoyed the conference commentating I feel like they were cynical about the things that deserve it and they did get excited where it was more deserved. There is way too much over hyped coverage and they give that much more grounded opinion. Having said that though the clear highlight of their output for E3 was those late night shows (although watching them live was painful due to the long gaps between segments)

In other news and a bit of shameless plug I started as a Staff Writer at Pure Xbox http://www.purexbox.com it would be cool if people who are looking for more xbox coverage and such like came and took a look.

In other news and a bit of shameless plug I started as a Staff Writer at Pure Xbox http://www.purexbox.com it would be cool if people who are looking for more xbox coverage and such like came and took a look.

Checked this out before - looks really good!

Particularly enjoyed the 'What Games Are You Playing This Weekend' section.

Hell of a lot of genres going on there! :)

I had to disagree (slightly) with the Arkham game rankings though. I'd put City above Arkham Knight if it were me :heh: dat bat mobile. But a good read!

Will visit again!

Checked this out before - looks really good!

Particularly enjoyed the 'What Games Are You Playing This Weekend' section.

Hell of a lot of genres going on there! :)

I had to disagree (slightly) with the Arkham game rankings though. I'd put City above Arkham Knight if it were me :heh: dat bat mobile. But a good read!

Will visit again!

That Arkham article wasn't by me lol....(off the record I also don't agree)

Putting this in here rather than the Destiny thread as I think that's gone well past first impression stages by now...

But I've picked this up on the cheap and suprised by how much I'm actually enjoying it, considering my first bash almost a year ago left me feeling something was lacking.

Only level 6 so just scratching the surface, but I feel like I actually might quite enjoy it as a bit of a time sink, to compliment another game or something when I have the chance.

Another reason to put this in here is, well, I don't think anyone plays on the One in the normal thread! @flameboy I see you've been playing this a bit recently too, are we anywhere near being able to play together, or do I need to rank up quite significantly before we can make our own NE clan on Xbox?! ;)

Putting this in here rather than the Destiny thread as I think that's gone well past first impression stages by now...

But I've picked this up on the cheap and suprised by how much I'm actually enjoying it, considering my first bash almost a year ago left me feeling something was lacking.

Only level 6 so just scratching the surface, but I feel like I actually might quite enjoy it as a bit of a time sink, to compliment another game or something when I have the chance.

Another reason to put this in here is, well, I don't think anyone plays on the One in the normal thread! @flameboy I see you've been playing this a bit recently too, are we anywhere near being able to play together, or do I need to rank up quite significantly before we can make our own NE clan on Xbox?! ;)

So yes I was playing. I've kind of been stuck between things I motored through Batman Arkham Knight, Tomb Raider, Halo ODST and Halo 4 and then was going to crack back on with The Witcher 3. However I heard the 1.07 patch is due to hit anytime soon so I'm holding off on that.

I thought I'd at the very least finish all the story missions so I've "beaten" it so to speak. I've been off work and it only took 1-2 days of play I went from Level 7 to Level 19 so it doesn't take that long. I've finished the story and did a few strikes afterwards (and during to grind out my level for later levels.)

I've always had some problems with Destiny mechanically its brilliant but it's so bland and repetitive in some respects. I feel like the lack of variety in environments leads to you doing the same types of encounters in the exact same spaces under a different mission header doesn't appeal especially when Halo excelled in it's variety of areas.

Having said all that yeah we could try and play some time. I don't the level should be too much of an issue as there I've played with level 32s and it still seemed balanced.

Planning on trading in a couple of games from various platforms tomorrow and I'm tempted to just take my Xbox One with me and get rid of that at the same time. I haven't turned the system on in months and just can't think of anything coming for it that I want enough to keep it.

You may as well as you clearly don't like it from what I've read on here.

I did the same with my PS4 months ago and haven't looked back since.

@flameboy & @Nintenchris, you guys watching the Gamecom conference today? Getting to see Quantum Break, Crackdown, Halo 5 and Scalebound has me excited in all the right places.

I'm hoping for at least 1 cheeky surprise from the event, as well. :yay:

@flameboy & @Nintenchris, you guys watching the Gamecom conference today? Getting to see Quantum Break, Crackdown, Halo 5 and Scalebound has me excited in all the right places.

Can't wait to see more of Scalebound, looks like Monster Hunter in many ways (from the FMV video they showed, at least) so looking forward to seeing more of this, and Gears hopefully, the announcement that 2-4 will be available on BC by purchasing Ultimate Edition has confirmed that for me!

My break at work starts at 3 today so will be racing home for this, hopefully be watching live from 3:15pm :)

Yeah I'm gonna be watching at work though so doing it on the sly on my phone :/

Enjoyed that, as much as you can enjoy people talking and brief sizzle reels of games anyway.

Scalebound looks like Xenoblade X crossed with Monster Hunter, lots of potential though.

Microsoft starting out this gen on the back foot has worked wonders for their customers; great value, great exclusives and the Windows 10 integration on the One and PC looks very tasty too!

Really nice to see them give it the whole shebang at Gamescom too, getting in the European gamers good books ;)

Scalebound looks less action heavy than I was expecting... Not necessarily a bad thing mind you, just surprised at how much it seems to resemble Dragon's Dogma and Xenoblade.

The Dragon AI helper mechanic looks really really cool though! I can forsee some really unique and crazy gameplay coming out of that! Like fighting on a giant scale and a small scale at the same time! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Scalebound looks less action heavy than I was expecting... Not necessarily a bad thing mind you, just surprised at how much it seems to resemble Dragon's Dogma and Xenoblade.

The Dragon AI helper mechanic looks really really cool though! I can forsee some really unique and crazy gameplay coming out of that! Like fighting on a giant scale and a small scale at the same time! :D

Indeed, I thought it came across very well actually, and with 4 player co-op too it could be quite something, massive dragons wreaking chaos with 4 players picking off the rest of the enemies!

What were your thoughts on the Windows 10 integration announcements across console and PC? I remember it's something you mentioned has piqued your interest before :)

Nothing really captured my attention apart from the Halo 5 Limited Edition console. I kind of want to buy an Xbox but I'm not really sold on the thing.

Crackdown 2 was such a disappointment, made me think that the magic of the first game isn't easily replicated. Quantum Break looks good but again, I'm not sold. I have no interest in the absurdlygiantsword-fest Scalebound.

Yeah, same as me. I'm on the wall about getting an Xbox One, mainly because there are 1 or two games that interest me. However, on the otherside, there are countless games coming out this year which are multi-format so i'm picking up on the PS4. Plus, most of my friends have a PS4 as well. Spending close to £300 on a console for 1, maybe 2 games doesn't seem worth it at present. And then there is Xbox Live, which is another £30 a year. And of course, there is this thing called time. Which is something i don't have as much of anymore.

It's surprising really how much Microsoft have changed the way they are looking at the Xbox One over the last 2 years, and how it's ticking me to buy one.

I watched the conference and thought it was a strong showing but nothing hype inducing....then Halo Wars 2 hit. I screamed like a school girl. :D Loved the original and can't wait for the sequel. It's about time!

Indeed, I thought it came across very well actually, and with 4 player co-op too it could be quite something, massive dragons wreaking chaos with 4 players picking off the rest of the enemies!

What were your thoughts on the Windows 10 integration announcements across console and PC? I remember it's something you mentioned has piqued your interest before :)

I'm impressed at how they're still pushing that angle pretty hard. I've ended up going for an Alienware Alpha instead of an Xbone though, so now I'm sort of just pinning my hopes on MS wanting to port most of their 1st party titles to PC lol!

Rare Replay is seriously, seriously tempting me though...

I watched the conference and thought it was a strong showing but nothing hype inducing....then Halo Wars 2 hit. I screamed like a school girl. :D Loved the original and can't wait for the sequel. It's about time!

Saw that last night and couldn't believe my eyes. Genuinely thought that at first it was a joke but lo and behold it's true. Brilliant news as, like yourself, I loved the original and played the hell out of it back when it was released. Actually may be the tipping point for me wanting to pick up a Xbone as I've always wanted a sequel.

Interested to see what they do with the story. The Spirit of Fire was left drifting through space but reappeared in the books/comics around the time of Halo 4 but IIRC, the flood had gotten onto the ship so that would maybe rule out going back to anyone from the first game unless it takes place prior to Halo 4. Who knows but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Woosh, Tomb Raider on Games with Gold for September!

With the release of the new one coming up I thought this may happen so dust bite at the cheap price last month, glad I waited!

Never played it before either...:D

Woosh, Tomb Raider on Games with Gold for September!

With the release of the new one coming up I thought this may happen so dust bite at the cheap price last month, glad I waited!

Never played it before either...:D

You are in for a treat, I just played Definitive Edition having already planned it last gen, still such a good game.

Got my Elite controller yesterday, it feels amazing. Well worth the price. Need to buy the adapter to use it on Windows so I can actually use it. :p

Got my Elite controller yesterday, it feels amazing. Well worth the price. Need to buy the adapter to use it on Windows so I can actually use it. :p

Didn't realise it was out already! Think I might need to get one for Halo...

Here's the first 100 backwards compatibility games. Not too impressed.

A Kingdom for Keflings

A World of Keflings

Alien Hominid HD

Assassin’s Creed II

Asteroids & Deluxe

Banjo Kazooie: N n B

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Bejeweled 2

Bellator: MMA Onslaught

Beyond Good & Evil HD

Blood of the Werewolf

BloodRayne: Betrayal

Borderlands

Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Castle Crashers

Castlestorm

Centipede & Millipede

Condemned

Crazy Taxi

Deadliest Warrior: Legends

Defense Grid

DiRT 3

DiRT Showdown

Discs of Tron

Doom

Doom II

Dungeon Siege III

Earthworm Jim HD

Fable II

Fallout 3

Feeding Frenzy 2

Gears of War

Gears of War 2

Gears of War 3

Gears of War: Judgment

Golden Axe

Halo: Spartan Assault

Hardwood Backgammon

Hardwood Hearts

Hardwood Spades

Heavy Weapon

Hexic HD

Ikaruga

Jetpac Refuelled

Joy Ride Turbo

Just Cause 2

Kameo

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game

LEGO Star Wars: TCS

Lode Runner

LUMINES LIVE!

Mass Effect

Metal Slug 3

Metal Slug XX

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

Mirror’s Edge

Missile Command

Monday Night Combat

Monkey Island 2: SE

Monkey Island: SE

Ms. Splosion Man

Mutant Blobs Attack

N+

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition

NiGHTS into dreams…

OF: Dragon Rising

Pac-Man C.E.

PAC-MAN CE DX+

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds

Pinball FX

Plants vs. Zombies

Prince of Persia

Putty Squad

R-Type Dimensions

Rayman 3 HD

Sacred Citadel

Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.

Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe

Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World

Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage

Shadow Complex

Sonic CD

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Super Meat Boy

Supreme Commander 2

Southpark The Stick of Truth

Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas

Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas2

Torchlight

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Tron: Evolution

Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

Wolfenstein 3D

Zuma

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Is that confirmed? Heard there was a leak that was debunked.

Yeah, this is the official list that got released yesterday. More titles will be added in December but as it stands it's a bit of a meh list.