Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

Honestly, I'd just get analogue stick covers; they make the sticks more grippy and the increased size helps with accuracy. I wouldn't have thought it but now I have them on my DS4 (got them to combat the crappy rubber covering) the standard sticks on both the PS4 and the XBO controller feel...small.

This means you can also customise the surface to be anything you want.

Yeah did try to find out what was up but there seems to be nothing on Sony official channels and the twitter was useless as you say - the lack of word makes me think its unforeseen. Annoying as I came home to do my Destiny dailies!

I'm off to play my first ever Tom Raider game :) ....

Give us an update later on to let us know how many Tom's you have raided and whether or not they were obliging. ;)

In all seriousness though, are you playing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition? If so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it, I'm currently playing it but on the Xbox One as it was free with Gold, only reacently got back into it though, but hopefully I'll be playing the sequel within the week as I've had it since launch. :)

The PS4 is here and we've switched over the HDD to the new one. Dat storage space.

@Shorty, getting that drive out of the casing was a right bitch! :D

We followed a youtube video where a guy was removing it out of the old casing. Apparently the new one is much tougher and it proved to be so. We had to resort to getting a stanley knife out, or else the casing would never have been removed.

However, we took your advice and swapped the PS4 HDD into the new drive's casing and we now have a spare 500GB external drive to spare. Might use that for school work! :D

We've given this all a test. Can confirm that we were able to both play online together on two separate PS4s using just one PS+. We tried it with Rocket League. Makes quite a difference having a whole screen to yourself. :D

The white PS4 console is lovely. Think I might actually prefer the black though!

Haha, you did it in the end though and now you have a spare USB 3 drive and £30 in your pocket :p

You could swap the HDD covers like we used to with different coloured n64 controllers and have two-tone PS4s.

That's a sound idea! Might actually have to give that a try to see what it looks like.

It's interesting how they've managed to make some changes to the console. The hard drive cover is more of a matte finish, which does match the rest of the console. However, there is something that I quite like about the black one being shinier. Also, no touch buttons on the white console for power and eject!

And of course I have been given the crappy, old TV to use. We had to attach it to its stand with tape (and putting coaters underneath one side) to keep it standing up. :P

Downloading some games overnight so we can properly test it tomorrow. The only annoying thing at the moment is that I can't access our downloaded games on my account on the secondary PS4 now.

It's interesting how they've managed to make some changes to the console. The hard drive cover is more of a matte finish, which does match the rest of the console. However, there is something that I quite like about the black one being shinier. Also, no touch buttons on the white console for power and eject!

The button changes are a revision to the console in general across all colours, think there was a bug where the touch button would cause random disk ejections. It's also lighter, uses less power and has a smaller light.

Apparently the eject button randomly working was down to the plastic expanding due to the heating of the console, therefore covering the touch button, which would lead to the disc being ejected. Interesting. :D

We'll be probably heading online a bit more often now. Feel free to join us, N-Europeans if you do see us playing something together!

Open beta for PvZ2.

PvZGW2 launches its open multiplayer beta beginning January 14 and ending January 18. This is open to all PS4 and Xbox One players – here are just some of the highlights of the Garden Warfare 2 multiplayer beta:

- Enjoy the Backyard Battleground (we’re saving tons of great content and plenty of surprises for launch!), and play our King of the Hill-inspired mode, Flag of Power, where you can jump into the action right away and experience an immersive and escalating battle.

- You’ll also get to try out six new PvZ character classes, as well as a returning roster of your favorite characters from the original Garden Warfare.

- Jump into our 24 person multiplayer modes – the new Herbal Assault and Gardens & Graveyards

- You’ll be able to play across four distinct maps – Moon Base Z, Frosty Creek, Z-Tech Factory, and Seeds of Time.

I usually don't bother with demos/betas but I may have to jump in on this. I LOVE the first game and looking forward to the sequel. Its crazy that something this daft is probably one of the best balanced shooters i've ever played.

Oh yeah I meant second hand - just seen an advert on work e-noticeboard dealie of one going for about £90 with TLOU, Fifa 12 and GT5. I don't need it, but I was thinking of grabbing it and selling to someone who might - just no idea what sort of price it should be going for/could go on for!

Weren't they being sold in HMV last month for £45 or something?

I'd get a second hand one personally.

Yeah, there was kind of fire sale at the store at Oxford St. They were selling off their 12GB Super Slim PS3s for the price you mentioned.

@Rummy the best bet would to have a quick look on eBay and see how much the same models are going for on there.