NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Yeah, I consume most my music through Spotify. I WISH this was around when I was grinding Destiny. Fuck, would have made that game tolerable.

OMG INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US WITH THE DARK KNIGHT SOUNDTRACK OR MAN OF STEEL OR SOMETHING

vhg.gif

Coming to PS4/PSVita/PC on April 1st.

Metroidvania-style game. : peace:

Eurogamer Review

It's just a shame that given the obvious talent and passion involved, it doesn't really have much of its own to add to the Metroidvania template. As charmed and delighted as I often was with its smartly paced escalation, its perpetually teasing construction, I kept waiting for some new element to appear, a eureka moment that either hadn't been thought of in 1986, or that could only be done today. It never quite happens. Axiom Verge seems content to be a homage, rather than a revival or reinvention. That's fine, since there's already plenty to justify your interest, but it feels like Happ has more to contribute than he's showing here.

I have a Bluetooth receiver hooked up to some speakers and a sub in my living room, so if it doesn't automatically replace the game music I'm not currently seeing the point for myself.

Anyone else really annoyed by the notifications and stuff in the new PS4 OS? It's babying me, telling me about power options all the time.... And why on Earth would they change the route to "shut down", now I can't do it easily when I'm on a different channel :p

Anyone else really annoyed by the notifications and stuff in the new PS4 OS? It's babying me, telling me about power options all the time.... And why on Earth would they change the route to "shut down", now I can't do it easily when I'm on a different channel :p

THIS pisses me off, particularly the shut down bit. It doesn't make sense. You have Enter Rest Mode and then Power Options where the first option is...Enter Rest Mode. It should just be two options - Shut down PS4 (should be the first option) and Restart PS4. Not sure if it's meant to trick users into choosing Rest Mode or something, but it is annoying.

And why would you ever need to restart your console anyway :blank: If you just close all applications it's essentially going to be in the same state.

Why do people want to turn it off and not use rest mode.....

And why would you ever need to restart your console anyway :blank: If you just close all applications it's essentially going to be in the same state.

You haven't tried connecting to EA's servers on FIFA :)

Why do people want to turn it off and not use rest mode.....

You wouldn't leave your console on overnight for no real reason though, would you? I leave it in rest mode if I'm popping out to the shops or if there's a match on telly that I want to see and I'll jump back into the game later.

You wouldn't leave your console on overnight for no real reason though, would you? I leave it in rest mode if I'm popping out to the shops or if there's a match on telly that I want to see and I'll jump back into the game later.

I leave it in rest mode so it starts quicker and also it automatically downloads patches and updates overnight so I don't have to wait 3 hours for a patch to download for a game I want to play but can't cos a blooming patch needs to be installed.

Im not big on leaving my console in rest mode, especially during the night where if it has something to download the hard drive whirrs into life and wakes me up.

It also pisses me off that paused downloads will un-pause when in rest mode. I paused them for a reason!

I leave it in rest mode so it starts quicker and also automatically downloads patches and updates overnight so I don't have to wait 3 hours for a patch to download for a game I want to play.

That does make sense, but I couldn't leave it in rest mode every single night. I feeeeear for your electricity bill. inb4 @lostmario.

Im not big on leaving my console in rest mode, especially during the night where if it has something to download the hard drive whirrs into life and wakes me up.

It also pisses me off that paused downloads will un-pause when in rest mode. I paused them for a reason!

...I don't get the last bit. Why would you not want the downloads to download in rest mode? I can understand pausing them when you're gaming, but when you're not gaming and the console is asleep, surely it's fine to let them go ahead and download?

It'll only be on to download patches and such (or whatever you tell it to). I doubt it uses anywhere near as much power in standby as when running games.

...I don't get the last bit. Why would you not want the downloads to download in rest mode? I can understand pausing them when you're gaming, but when you're not gaming and the console is asleep, surely it's fine to let them go ahead and download?

Because I'm usually doing something else like streaming video on my PC or downloading something there so it just ends up splitting my already low connection speeds.

That does make sense, but I couldn't leave it in rest mode every single night. I feeeeear for your electricity bill. inb4 @lostmario.

Serious? You know it's low powah mode don't you?

Cost me alot less than £5 a year to have the PS4 in rest mode.

Edited by James

Because I'm usually doing something else like streaming video on my PC or downloading something there so it just ends up splitting my already low connection speeds.

Ah, fair enough. That makes sense! :D

It'll only be on to download patches and such (or whatever you tell it to). I doubt it uses anywhere near as much power in standby as when running games.

Serious? You know it's low powah mode don't you?

Cost me alot less than £5 a year to have the PS4 in rest mode.

Seriously, so it doesn't consume that much powaaah then? Will it...make the overall lifespan of the PS4 much shorter if you had it on in rest mode for long periods of time? Or am I going full retard?

Ah, fair enough. That makes sense! :D

Seriously, so it doesn't consume that much powaaah then? Will it...make the overall lifespan of the PS4 much shorter if you had it on in rest mode for long periods of time? Or am I going full retard?

Considering historically 99.9% of shit hitting the fan with regards to consoles is, incidentally, usually fan/overheating related...you are absolutely fine to leave in standby. It's not getting hot by being in standby, it's hardly doing anything.

I literally just did the same thing as you. Was smashing it around on Drive Club with the Man of Steel soundtrack playing. It was epic.

Wow Daft was playing Driveclub - at last!

giphy.gif

I'm finding it hard to play games without some sort of narrative. I'm going to try and play Drive Club more. When I'm done with Bloodborne.

PS4 getting some huge momentum in the form of Helldivers, Bloodborne, and Axiom Verge. I wish I had the money to buy one :(

The buzz for Helldivers seemed to die out as quick as it began. Doesn't help that cross-play between console friends isn't working properly at all. The have events where everyone has to work together to push back the enemy but so far the players aren't coming close to getting numbers high enough to have an effect. It's a fun game but in need of a good patching.

Those events seemed ridiculous from the off. When I joined, there was 9 hours left on a 48hr event and the progress was about 10% done.

I'll be back on more regularly after I'm done with Bloodborne. Drive Club and Helldivers.

[TWEET]582937689504280576[/TWEET]

The buzz for Helldivers seemed to die out as quick as it began [...] It's a fun game but in need of a good patching.

Indeed. There was a patch recently, though, if I remember correctly. Think I downloaded it in Reset Mode, but didn't really pay attention. Not sure if it changed anything interesting.

With Spotify being available I can see myself getting back to it for the occasional mission.

Oh man, hope they release the controller separately...but I'm guessing they won't :(

Edited by drahkon
Automerged Doublepost