NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

@Ronnie have you brought this into the PS4 thread now because everyone is bored senseless of it in the Nintendo board?

When I pick up a PS4 I'm doing it for:

Lego Marvel, Infamous, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Drive Club, Tearaway Unfolded, Shadow of Mordor, Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4

Flower, Rime, Broken Age, Velocity 2x, ABZU

That looks an incredibly diverse selection to me, no?

Final Fantasy! Thought it should be mentioned because Playstation is the only console that gets JRPGs, aside from Xenoblade. I feel like all you get on Nintendo is varities of platformers.

Final Fantasy! Thought it should be mentioned because Playstation is the only console that gets JRPGs, aside from Xenoblade. I feel like all you get on Nintendo is varities of platformers.

I'm not really into JRPG's, however FFXV may interest me because having watched some gameplay videos and impressions of the demo it seems it's taking an action approach to the battles.

@Ronnie have you brought this into the PS4 thread now because everyone is bored senseless of it in the Nintendo board?

When I pick up a PS4 I'm doing it for:

Lego Marvel, Infamous, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Drive Club, Tearaway Unfolded, Shadow of Mordor, Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4

Flower, Rime, Broken Age, Velocity 2x, ABZU

That looks an incredibly diverse selection to me, no?

Velocity 2x is pretty awesome. I saw Ine play it the other night and it looked really interesting.

Drive Club is wonderful. I think you'll enjoy it. I'm shite at it because I spend most of the time gawking at the visuals. Hnnnnggg.

On the Paypal website there seems to be a limited offer which lets you get £50 of Playstation Network credit for £40... it's quite a lot in one go but if you're going to be using it this seems like a good deal. : peace:

I'm awaiting the spotify app on the PS4. Anybody know when it'll be here? I want to play DriveClub with my own music. :D

I'm awaiting the spotify app on the PS4. Anybody know when it'll be here? I want to play DriveClub with my own music. :D

Yeah the soundtrack to DriveClub is quite lack lustre but for now I've been sticking a USB full of my music into the PS4.

A Spotify App would make things even easier though!

I'd quite like a Channel 4 (4OD) app but heard rumours they weren't going to bother.

I'm awaiting the spotify app on the PS4.

The Music Unlimited Service will shut down on 29th March. We'll probably/hopefully see Spotify around that time. : peace:

Yeah the soundtrack to DriveClub is quite lack lustre but for now I've been sticking a USB full of my music into the PS4.
I had no idea you could do that! :o Well, I knew mp3 playback was possible, but didn't realise it could run in the background while playing a game. :awesome:

Stuck some tunes on a USB stick last night while playing DriveClub and OlliOlli2. :awesome:

It didn't help my driving/skating at all (in fact it might have made 'em worse :heh:) but it made playing those games even more enjoyable. :)

Shame it doesn't automatically mute the game soundtrack when doing this, but it only takes a few seconds to do that manually so no big deal. I wonder if the Spotify method will have such a feature. :blank:

IShame it doesn't automatically mute the game soundtrack when doing this, but it only takes a few seconds to do that manually so no big deal. I wonder if the Spotify method will have such a feature. :blank:

Driveclub has fully customisable sound options.

Feel like this is a bit unfair. I'm a PS4 player foremost but on my 3DS I have Etrian Oddysey, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem (tactics RPG), Persona Q, Pokemon Y and a pre-order for Xenoblade 3D. On the PS4 I have no JRPGs (although practically gagging for P5) and I personally think the Final Fantasy games have been pretty crap for years.

Of course I know you specifically said "Console", but really the Wii U is second fiddle to the 3DS for me these days, I see it as their back-bench system and I think they do, too.

I actually forgot about the 3DS :p But you're right, I have own dozen of rpgs, western and Japenese for both my DS and 3DS. But for the stationary console, I'm not relying on the Wii U to deliver.

Planetside 2 Closed Beta starts next week

Over the past several months, the PlanetSide 2 development team has been working day and night in preparation for the game’s release on PlayStation 4. We can’t wait for you guys to get your hands on the game and I’m happy to announce that our European closed beta testing will be starting on 25th March 2015!

I suppose they gotta fill up that release schedule with something. As much as I adore the game it does seem a bit weird just remastering this one and none of the others. At least it's a budget release.

Looks like God of War 3 Remastered has been announced for PS4.

Wonder if we'll get a GoW 4 announcement at E3.

Edit: Beat me to it Hero

I suppose they gotta fill up that release schedule with something. As much as I adore the game it does seem a bit weird just remastering this one and none of the others. At least it's a budget release.
It doesn't really look like it's getting a remastering as such, just a bit of an visual update, like they did with GOW 1 & 2 for the PS3, so maybe they feel like they've already 'remade' those. They should bundle them altogether at least though.

I don't mean to be negative, but do other people really not think the PS4 is becoming a bit of a joke with all these remasters? GoW and Gravity Rsh today.... most of the machines best games are remasters I've played on old machines... With all the PSN outages, I just feel Sony are getting a piss easy ride, if this was MS or Nintendo I think there'd be an uproar, but I think it's a pretty bad situation!! Can people not jump to the defensive too and start attacking and actually give honest opinions about the situation. I think it's the weirdest console so far!!

A joke? Not really. Summer is slow and we've got Bloodborne, Batman and MGSV coming out over the next six months. It's hardly a barren release schedule. Also, it's pretty easy to ignore...and it's a budget release, no? What's the difference between this and any retro release?

I'm still not sure why you ever bought a PS4. If you're not happy with it, you've only got yourself to blame.

I don't mean to be negative, but do other people really not think the PS4 is becoming a bit of a joke with all these remasters? GoW and Gravity Rsh today.... most of the machines best games are remasters I've played on old machines... With all the PSN outages, I just feel Sony are getting a piss easy ride, if this was MS or Nintendo I think there'd be an uproar, but I think it's a pretty bad situation!! Can people not jump to the defensive too and start attacking and actually give honest opinions about the situation. I think it's the weirdest console so far!!

You have to remember that there are a lot of people who jumped from the 360 to the PS4 and haven't experienced these games before. The Last of Us made sense, as does the rumoured Gravity Rush. This one is a bit weird though because it's slap bang in the middle of the series.

I'm still not sure why you ever bought a PS4. If you're not happy with it, you've only got yourself to blame.

Pretty much this as well. Myself, Daft and others said the PS4 wasn't the console for you but you got one anyway.

A joke? Not really. Summer is slow and we've got Bloodborne, Batman and MGSV coming out over the next six months. It's hardly a barren release schedule. Also, it's pretty easy to ignore...and it's a budget release, no? What's the difference between this and any retro release?

Ha, true, I wanted Alien, Fifa, Batman and Uncharted. Then Batman and Uncharted got delayed, but I'm fine with it, Playstation Plus is still providing great value. I just want the memorable games that will define the console to come. I really hope Batman will be the start!

I guess I wanted to move away from personal opinions, and get peoples opinions on the console as a whole and wondered if other people thought it was a bit of a weird first year or two. I really can't remember a console getting no must-own exclusive (I realise it's subjective) for so long, yet be so incredibly popular. Find it quite fascinating actually.

Yeah the IGN podcast crew were saying something like 70% of PS4 owners were 360 owners last gen, or some sort of statistic like that??? and so loads have missed out no franchises like Uncharted and GOW.

Personally I'm happy with remakes, I didn't own a PS2, and was late to the PS3, so am ecstatic about the likes of The Last of Us and Tomb Raider. Might even give this one a go, and I'd love a Mass Effect Trilogy/Red Dead Redemption remake before the sequels comes out.

Also @dazzybee you say Nintendo don't do it, but I'd rather the Wii games they're selling on the eshop were actual HD remakes than what they are. You can just buy the Wii games and play them on Wii U.

You have to remember that there are a lot of people who jumped from the 360 to the PS4 and haven't experienced these games before. The Last of Us made sense, as does the rumoured Gravity Rush. This one is a bit weird though because it's slap bang in the middle of the series.

Pretty much this as well. Myself, Daft and others said the PS4 wasn't the console for you but you got one anyway.

Oh I get that, but what about people who came from the PS3 and owning a Vita? It's never happened to this extent before, feels really excessive.

And Fifa was worth it :) Shame we don't play it anymore.... And it felt weird NOT having another console!! And I expected more...

Also @dazzybee you say Nintendo don't do it, but I'd rather the Wii games they're selling on the eshop were actual HD remakes than what they are. You can just buy the Wii games and play them on Wii U.

Yeah I probably would :) And I'd kill for a HD remake of F Zero. I guess it just feels that's the primary thing the console is offering as exclusives or whatever the issue, not the remakes themselves. I guess no one agrees with me that the console is really weird then :)

I wouldnt call the PS4 a joke at all but it is obviously lacking in the first party department at the moment. Consoles exclusives its actually doing pretty well on as their main target for that is Indies and they've got a load of those. Third party is also strong so its still a very attractive console for people.

I do believe that the first party games will come in time but until we get more of those announcements then I dont mind a few remastered games popping up. I'll buy GoW3.

Not just me, here's Hero's best bud :) <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cool idea: make actual new games that no one has ever played for PS4. I'm not opposed to remasters, but they shouldn't dominate the library.</p>— Jonathan Metts (@Jonnymetts) <a href="

">March 20, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>