NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I've just realised I've missed the last couple month's PS+ games. D'oh!

I need to switch my PS4 back on at some point. Both it and the WiiU are just gathering dust thanks to my 3DS and (now) Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Get Toukiden kiwami! Then you can play your ps4 and save it from the dust!

@Goron_3, you can download the digital version of The Last of Us for £9.29.

Also, I'd strongly, STRONGLY advise you to think about getting another HDD now before you do anything else. Upgrade to a 2TB one straight away, then you've not got to go through the hassle of doing it later and transferring stuff across.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

@Goron_3, you can download the digital version of The Last of Us for £9.29.

Also, I'd strongly, STRONGLY advise you to think about getting another HDD now before you do anything else. Upgrade to a 2TB one straight away, then you've not got to go through the hassle of doing it later and transferring stuff across.

That copy requires a US PSN account. Easy to set up?

D'oh, didn't see that.

@Sheikah mentioned something about that on the previous page. I've known of others to have US digital games using a US PSN, but I've never done it myself. He's probably got the correct info for you.

Yeah, dead easy. Just setup a US PSN account on your PS4 under a different user, download the game, then switch to your EU account/main user. You can still play the game and earn trophies all the same.

Yeah, dead easy. Just setup a US PSN account on your PS4 under a different user, download the game, then switch to your EU account/main user. You can still play the game and earn trophies all the same.

Awesome. I've done that on the Wii U to access the Russian eShop..glad to see it works here too :)

Is that all legal to do? Can you get into any kind of trouble for doing it or is it something that they're relaxed about?

It was done all throughout the PS3 gen as well and I never heard about anyone getting in trouble. I've done it a few times for demos on the Japanese PSN or being a US PSN card to buy a game.

Is that all legal to do? Can you get into any kind of trouble for doing it or is it something that they're relaxed about?

Perfectly legal yeah. They let you play games from another PSN on your PS4 with your main PSN account, they could easily have not let us if they didn't want us to.

Be sure to set your PS4 as the primary console when logged into the US account to play it on your UK account.

Just been watching GT Live and the guests they had on this week (Tracey Fullerton and Rob Manuel) said Journey should be on PS4 soon.

Guess Sony will announce it for immediate download during their E3 Press Conference maybe.

I can't wait for Shovel Knight myself, I think it's supposed to be this month on PS consoles? Really want the Vita version more than anything!

I can't wait for Shovel Knight myself, I think it's supposed to be this month on PS consoles? Really want the Vita version more than anything!

Supposedly out on the 21st! :) Actually looking forward to it myself. Only heard good things and it looks great so definitely picking it up at the end of the month, along with Broken Age when it's released the week after.

I really need to get back to Shovel Knight. I bought it when it first came out on PC and enjoyed what I played but something else must have come along and pushed it down the gaming ladder.

Supposedly out on the 21st! :) Actually looking forward to it myself. Only heard good things and it looks great so definitely picking it up at the end of the month, along with Broken Age when it's released the week after.

It's absolutely amazing. You're in for a treat :D

Just been watching GT Live and the guests they had on this week (Tracey Fullerton and Rob Manuel) said Journey should be on PS4 soon.

Guess Sony will announce it for immediate download during their E3 Press Conference maybe.

Ahh, Journey will be here soon they said.

latest?cb=20140702104601

Still waiting.

Ahh, Journey will be here soon they said.

latest?cb=20140702104601

Still waiting.

I will so double dip for that...best 3D platform/adventure game that I've ever played.

Out of interest, what do you make of Bloodborne? I remember reading your initial impressions...what's changed your mind?

I will so double dip for that...best 3D platform/adventure game that I've ever played.

You should totally post that in the Nintendo Board. :p

Out of interest, what do you make of Bloodborne? I remember reading your initial impressions...what's changed your mind?

Honestly...I don't know.

I'm not really a fan of difficult games. I'm willing to give a lot of things a try, which is what has seen me progress with this game. But, by all rights, I shouldn't like this game. @Hero\-of\-Time posted a podcast the other day where the guy said the EXACT same things that I was feeling. Something happens after that first boss fight where you start to feel your way into the world. The annoying things which would PISS YOU OFF in any other game somehow don't annoy you here. The expectations change. I expect to die. I expect to find it hard. But, I also know that I'll persevere and eventually I'll figure out what I need to do. Everything in this game has a pattern, every enemy, every room, it's basically like one giant maze that you just have to find your way through.

When I started playing this game, I loathed it. I hated it. I have only once traded in a game and that was a Pokemon game so I could get Twisted Edge Snowboarding in return. And that was only because I had finished Pokemon and wanted something else. I regret it still. I came this close to going back to the store the next day to trade it for something else, which tells you how badly I thought of this game.

At the moment, this game is probably my favourite game of this year and it's up there with Alien Isolation and The Last of Us as some of my favourite experiences I've had with the PS4. There's something distinctly oldschool about this game. I constantly feel like I have to be on alert and pay attention, because there might be a shortcut I can unlock which will save me precious time later, or there's a dangerous enemy that will kill me in one or two hits, or I may find an item which I can use later. The relief that I got in Alien Isolation when I found a save point is exactly the same in here when I find a lamp (warp point) or a short cut. There's just something there that makes it enjoyable, but I can't say what it really is.

Finally ordered my PS4! Arrives on Friday...girlfriend goes away on Saturday morning.

:D

Finally ordered my PS4! Arrives on Friday...girlfriend goes away on Saturday morning.

:D

Dat timing.

What did you get in the end? How much and where from?

Yaaaaaaay. :D

Dat timing.

What did you get in the end? How much and where from?

Yaaaaaaay. :D

Got it for £288 with Bloodborne from Gamestop :) About 10 minutes later I saw a deal on Amazon plus which also included a 90 days PS+ sub for £310 but I'm happy with the deal I got.

Bloodborne, Hotline Miami 2 and The Last of Us (just got the digital copy for a tenner) should keep me occupied for a long time. After that I'll get DriveClub and the Need For Speed game that came out in 2013, as well as Axiom Verge.

I'm tempted by Tomb Raider too but only if I can get it cheap...Played it on PS3 but the frame rate was a bit of a mess.