NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Any PS4 owners here that aren't happy with the console? Or even if you do like it, what drawbacks have you noticed? Just curious.

It plays inFamous Second Son... :blank:

...drawbacks?

Hmm nope, it's pretty freaking awesome. :heh:

[/Delsin]

http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/72444/rumor-the-last-of-us-and-left-behind-dlc-coming-to-playstation-4

Rumor: The Last of Us and Left Behind DLC Coming to PlayStation 4

The PS4 version will reportedly include enhanced graphics.

PlayStation software marketing manager Sercan Sulun for Sony Eurasia said on Multiplayer, a TV program on CNN Turk , that The Last of Us will be coming to the PlayStation 4 this Summer, based on a rough translation by NeoGAF user Quriah.

He also says that the game's DLC, Left Behind, will be ported to Sony's new console as well. According to Sulun, it'll be released as a physical and digital copy and will have enhanced graphics.

As for what those enhanced graphics could mean is anyone's guess, but I'm hoping that it means we'll play Naughty Dog's 2013 hit in 1080p and 60 FPS. The game looked amazing running on last-gen hardware and I can't wait to see how it'll look on the PS4, assuming this information is accurate.

Would you double dip for a PS4 version?

Source: Multiplayer via NeoGAF

This would be amazing for me having not played it yet.

I would actually seriously consider getting it again. Maybe not straight away but yeah...Left Behind was amazing and has made me want to play the whole thing again.

Should we differentiate? A game is a game, and the indie scene is keeping all of the consoles afloat right now.

But as you said, a lot is unknown and will be until June.

Yeah I think there's a big difference, most of the indies are coming to everything, but also good to say what bigger games are coming to the ps4 this year.

Not knocking indies with this, I love indies and in general sort of prefer them, but just curious.

Sounds like you're 'problem'* is with exclusives, not indies.

*not the right word but I'm at work :P maybe 'concern'? Or 'interest'?

Any PS4 owners here that aren't happy with the console? Or even if you do like it, what drawbacks have you noticed? Just curious.

No real problems. I'm very happy with my PS4, being a very multi-functional device. It's now my primary blu-ray player. The only small issue is the fact that US PS4 accounts have access to the Gametime NBA app, which isn't available in the UK. Wouldn't mind having that app, but otherwise i'm happy.

And with the rumours of The Last of Us coming to the PS4, wow. If true, will give me the chance to play this game for the first time and see what it's all about.

]The only small issue is the fact that US PS4 accounts have access to the Gametime NBA app, which isn't available in the UK. Wouldn't mind having that app, but otherwise i'm happy.

Can't you just create a US account and used that to access the app?

Can't you just create a US account and used that to access the app?

I tried that, i have to have a US account also on the NBA Leaguepass as well.

No dedicated youtube app - but there is a work around I posted earlier.

You can't play any avi or mp4 files yet.

Need to tidy up games list if you have loads of games your scrolling all over the place.

But these are really petty niggles which will all be addressed soon - the console is fantastic and I'm so happy I bought it!

Any recommendations for a 1tb SSHD? Are they worth it? Becoming more and more likely I'll order a console and Infamous next week, may be even Tomb Raider too as its in the sale according to HUKD.

So didn't it grant you access to the app?

Oh, you can access it. But can't use it without a US League Pass account, which i don't have.

Whenever I read Greatness Awaits I get giddy with excitement.

The PS4 already is an amazing console and has given me so much enjoyment since I've bought it.

Whatever comes next will be amazing : peace:

Thank you Sony! :bowdown:

It's rare that a company can make a video like that and have it feel sincere. They worked for it, though.

Although I couldn't help but look at the video cynically, it's pretty good PR and it's definitely helping Sony's image.

Although I couldn't help but look at the video cynically, it's pretty good PR and it's definitely helping Sony's image.

That's the way I see it. No matter whether you like the console or not, there is no denying that Sony have been on the ball with their messaging and PR this generation. Kudos to them and all involved.

Anyone wanting this had better not dilly dally, since this will sell out quick.

PS4 Console is in stock at Tesco Direct, and you can use 2 promo codes to knock a ridiculous £30 off, bringing it to £319.

The code TD-FG6N knocks it down to £330. Then the code TD-YWP4 knocks a further £10 off.

Link - Gogogo.

Still not upgraded to the next gen yet. Still not sure which one to buy though I am leaning more toward the PS4, though the only next gen game I'm even remotely interested in at the moment is Dead Rising 3 on Xbox :hmm:

I'm going to wait to see what they both show at E3 and decide then I think. I'll definitely be getting one in Oct/Nov time when I expect Arkham Knight to be out.

Bought Fez, played a couple of minutes.

What a coincidence that I've started reading Flatland by Edwin A. Abbott yesterday. :awesome:

Although I like the idea of it, I'm finding the Dualshock 4 to be a shoddily manufactured piece of equipment. I've got that horrible sticky shoulder buttons problem and as well as that, the rubber on the left analogue is starting to wear off. Plus the battery life on the thing is horrible.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Although I like the idea of it, I'm finding the Dualshock 4 to be a shoddily manufactured piece of equipment. I've got that horrible sticky shoulder buttons problem and as well as that, the rubber on the left analogue is starting to wear off. Plus the battery life on the thing is horrible.

My colleague was saying pretty much the opposite to me yesterday, that he finds it really well made, has been hammering it on BF4 for 10 hour sessions and seen no sign of wear. Also that his nephew literally had the thing in his mouth and still didn't dent it.

On the other hand I went into Argos a week after release and their display unit was in tatters.

Maybe an early batch had a defect in the strength of certain parts?

Not having any problems with mine. I've put in many hours of gaming, and it feels good still. No wearing materials, nothing has come loose. And no sticky shoulder buttons as of yet. I will admit, the battery life is a little on the short side, but i've got used to it.

Are you using the pre-bundled controller or an extra one?

As I mentioned before, the Dual Shock 4 - to me - is the first iteration that actually feels more like a proper controller as opposed to a toy, so I'm really happy with it even though the main issue of the battery not lasting too long is a bit of an annoyance, aside from that, no real issues though I've noticed the surface of the touch pad does wear away over time but even so, this is only a small aesthetic problem. : peace:

I've got that horrible sticky shoulder buttons problem

Battery life should improve once patch allowing you to dim dualshock light comes out.