NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Great, another amazing looking horror game.

Daylight, Routine (hopefully this comes to PS4) and Outlast. : peace:

Speaking of Outlast, I tried to play it last night and...I'm not ashamed to say: I quit playing after 20 minutes :D I then played Rayman Legends. :laughing:

I don't know what it is...I can watch the scariest horror movie without any sign of fear but when I play horror games (and by that I mean true horror games) I almost shit my pants.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Open Beta is up and open to everyone. Runs really well and great control options with touchpad for mouse cursor support :)

Keyboard and mouse also supported.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Open Beta

Would love to give it a try but that font. That fucking tiny font!

I can see that it's fine for PC, as you're fairly close to the screen, but I'm sitting on my couch and - even with my glasses on - I can't read it. Stupid decision and a total game breaker in an MMORPOPROPROPOG. ::shrug:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/27/cel-damage-hd-announced-for-sony-systems

cel-damage-hd.jpg

Cel Damage HD Announced For Sony Systems

Cel Damage HD will be released as a cross-buy, single purchase for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Vita. The original Cel Damage came out in 2001 for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and Nintendo GameCube.

The cel-drawn demolition derby-style racer borrows gameplay elements from the Twisted Metal franchise. Players will be able to destroy opponents and their vehicles using a wide array of weapons. Cel Damage HD will have split-screen four-person multiplayer on the console versions.

"With Cel Damage HD, we’re bringing back one of our favorite mash-ups of classic vehicle combat games and cartoon animation to give players the distinct experience of playing as if they are in a cartoon," said Finish Line co-founder Daniel Posner. "We are excited to see how modern day fans react to this merging of mediums."

Anomaly 2 Coming to PS4

The RTS tower defence title comes to console for the first time.

RTS tower defence game Anomaly 2 has been confirmed for a PS4 port.

Warsaw-based 11 Bit Studios made the announcement on their website, though did not include details on a possible release window, or whether the new PS4 version would come with any platform-specific features.

Would love to give it a try but that font. That fucking tiny font!

I can see that it's fine for PC, as you're fairly close to the screen, but I'm sitting on my couch and - even with my glasses on - I can't read it. Stupid decision and a total game breaker in an MMORPOPROPROPOG. ::shrug:

I saw a few people complaining about that, might be a fix/customisation to deal with it on release.

I'm impressed that they managed to turn this shit around tbh.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

(best song ever)

Awesomenauts Assemble releasing on PS4 today :D

Man, I clocked in almost 370 on the PC version. Gonna get the PS4 one, too, I think. It's...awesome :laughing:

Also:

FEZ coming to Vita/PS3/PS4

(cross-buy/cross-save for all platforms, I think)

26th of March!

A couple questions; what is Awesomenauts? How good would it be for local multiplayer?

I'd google it but I'd like to hear what someone on here things.

A couple questions; what is Awesomenauts? How good would it be for local multiplayer?

It's a simplified 2D-side-scrolling-MOBA-like, I'd say. Matches (3 vs 3) take 10-30 minutes.

This video might give you a general idea.

Never played local multiplayer. The only way to do it is playing in the same team against bots or going online. So VS matches offline are impossible (I think, but I'm quite sure).

Aiming is easier on PC, naturally. But there is supposed to be the possibility of twin-stick aiming in the console version (though not the standard setting; don't know what the standard is like; also: I can't confirm this, haven't played it yet/the store isn't updated, but I read it in several forums).

What do I think of the game? It's awesome :D 370 hours speak for themselves.

Having friends as teammates - or anybody you can communicate with via headset - makes things much easier. I played the PC version with a mate and we owned :D I asked him (he only played the game together with me), we clocked in 250 hours together. :laughing:

If you play online solo, you generally rely on your random teammates as there is not much you can do alone. So if both your teammates suck...well, it's difficult to win. That's one of the two gripes I have with the game.

The other one being that sometimes it can be a bit like "rock-paper-scissors". Depending on which nauts you and your teammates have and which nauts the enemy team has you might have a really hard time. Not impossible to win, but some characters can counter others quite well.

However, you do not know the enemy nauts beforehand, so...rock-paper-scissors.

If you decide to play it don't take Awesomenauts too seriously, i.e. if you play this game to win every single match...you will rage. A LOT.

But it is a fun little game.

reading through that mess of a post...I will never become a reviewer

Edit: Downloading now, will give some further impressions later, if I find the time to play it.

Edit²: Played an online match. Oh god, those noobs :p Unfortunately my teammates haven't played much either, I observed.

Anyway. Controls take some time to get used to (I also changed the standard button config) and the game has some frame rate drops when things get hectic, which is quite embarrassing for the devs. The PS4 should be able to handle it.

The PC and PS4 versions don't have the same patch applied, which sucks. Balancing isn't as good with the console version as with the PC version.

Hope the devs will do something about that.

It's still great fun :) Good old Awesomenauts action :D

Edited by drahkon

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/07/strike-suit-zero-directors-cut-coming-to-ps4-this-month

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut Coming to PS4 This Month

Space shooter will include previously released DLC.

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut is an update of the original space dogfighter, including revamped lighting, graphics and textures; and two additional Strike Suits: the Marauder and the Raptor. The Director's Cut will also include previously released DLC, including the Heroes of the Fleet campaign.

The original Strike Suit Zero was released for PC January 23, 2013 and Mac and Linux on August 9, 2013. The Director's Cut is also slated for the Xbox One and PC, but no release date has been announced.

Anyone who owns The Playroom, there's a new Ninja Bot DLC game (and it's FREEEEEEE). It's basically temple run with the motion controls and uses the touch pad to flick shurikens. It's pretty good fun. Shame there aren't more levels, though.

Is it worth buying a PS4 right now or is it worth waiting?

my friend is seeling his with Killzone for £360, but right now KillZone, infamous and MGS V are the only games i think i'd play...and money is tight so i could afford it but i also can't afford it really

just wondering early adopters thoughts on this, as supposedly there is a drought

my friend is seeling his with Killzone for £360, but right now KillZone, infamous and MGS V are the only games i think i'd play...and money is tight so i could afford it but i also can't afford it really

just wondering early adopters thoughts on this, as supposedly there is a drought

inFamous Second Son is out in a week so it's totally worth it... :)

...unless you don't like inFamous in which case then no, don't buy a PS4 until there are more games for it.

Offer your friend £320 for it and see what happens. ;)

If you can't afford it right now then I'd pass on it. But one thing I'll say, it's unlikely to get much cheaper any time soon. The price point is perfect for what it is.

I reckon once E3 rolls around it'll be much easier to decide when to buy a PS4/Xbox One. As for me, I'm probably going to wait until April to pick up a PS4 along with Infamous and maybe FIFA if it's cheap. That'll lead nicely into Watch Dogs in May which even if it turns out shit I still feel compelled enough to buy it. Then it's World Cup/E3 time:awesome:

hmmm you make a convincing argument i'll offer him a low ball offer and see what he thinks first

New game for PS4 and PS Vita, Aztez. Nice art direction.

Xe599MJ.gif

At its core, Aztez is two games. One of those games is a full on real-time beat ‘em up combat experience. We’ve piped in the feel and creativity of Bayonetta, the sensationalism and mobility of Capcom’s Alien Vs Predator, and the precision difficulty of classic Devil May Cry.

As the combat designer, I’ve been studying these types of games for years, and I refuse to produce and hand you something that won’t dangerously raise your heart rate and dopamine levels. I grew up in the arcade, and I want to do for you what the amazing developers of yore did for me with their coin-ops.

The other game that comprises Aztez is an empire management strategy game, and that’s where the aforementioned replayability comes from. We decided early on that we didn’t want to make another beat ‘em up that forces you through a linear narrative and rote platforming segments, so we’ve created what we feel is an infinitely more interesting vehicle for thrilling combat; a randomised, historical Risk-like. Haha!

It might be an overly unusual combination, but the way we see it, it can’t be any worse than grabbing more ledges or pushing around more blocks. And besides, if you do well in our strategy game, you might get to do some pretty profound history rewriting.

K5XSdIw.gif

Sounds ace. I'm interested.

Yaaaaay!! Exporting to USB drives!! Good to know that they're actually listening.