NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

There is plenty of gifs and animations out there for Nintendo. I'm too lazy to track them down though.

Five seconds on Google later:

Game_Controller.gif

From here:

Yeah it doesn't have the GamePad, but even Nintendo likes to pretend it doesn't exist at times :heh:

Unless you wanted one with actual photos, but this is more fun.

Edited by Ashley

Yeah, how fucking hard can it be to make another controller as comfortable as the Gamecube's?

Yeah, how fucking hard can it be to make another controller as comfortable as the Gamecube's?

Thats what I think Sony have done with the DS4. Both that and the GC controller are easily the two most comfortable ones ive used.

I agree with that, the gamecube controller is the most comfortable I've used even though the buttons were placed a bit oddly.

Never tried the PS4 controller, the once or twice I've been in GAME in the past months there have always been greedy cunts hogging the demo just to play FIFA.

The DS4 is lovely to use it's soooooo comfortable.

But perhaps not as comfortable as this Chewbacca robe. (is that REZ?)

Star-Wars-Chewbacca-Bathrobe.jpg

Try it - play it then fall in love with it. The single player is a pretty game but a bit meh but the multiplayer is divine!

The PlayStation Plus seasonal update brings good news to players all around the world. Apart from great deals and last chance discounts, it has been announced that Killzone: Shadow Fall, the awesome new PlayStation 4 launch title, will get a free multiplayer trial.

As stated on the PlayStation Blog, PlayStation Plus members will be able to try out Guerrilla Games' creation's slick multiplayer modes for free, for a limited time only.

The multiplayer trial for Killzone: Shadow Fall goes live from December 28 to December 31, but the file is already available for pre-download, so players can jump straight into the 24-player frantic action when the time comes.

Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer affords players with plenty of freedom. The can choose the number of players, mission modes, classes, rules, abilities and weapons available for each match via the new customizable Warzone feature.

They can even save their choices as a custom Warzone and share it with the Killzone: Shadow Fall community.

This seems like the best opportunity for players who haven't yet experienced the impressive visuals and action of Killzone: Shadow Fall to get a taste of the game.

Nice, a good chance for everyone to try the multiplayer. Which of course, i'll be venturing into over the festive holidays between family events.

Got an email from ShopTo offering me a coupon to get Assassin's Creed IV for £39.85 because I bought my PS4 from them. Might have to take them up on that if I dont get it for Christmas.

Just played a bit of Contrast. It plays a bit like an unremembered 90s action game (i.e. it's meh) but my lord the animation is so terrible! Just awful stuff. And most of the characters are silhouettes so it should be better!

Just played a bit of Contrast. It plays a bit like an unremembered 90s action game (i.e. it's meh) but my lord the animation is so terrible! Just awful stuff. And most of the characters are silhouettes so it should be better!

I was quite surprised by the animation too. I like the game a lot and the art style is lovely. The lack of animation punch just stops it from filling those characters with life and charm.

Got an email from ShopTo offering me a coupon to get Assassin's Creed IV for £39.85 because I bought my PS4 from them. Might have to take them up on that if I dont get it for Christmas.

If you're not bothered about digital copies vs cases - Assassins Creed IV Special Edition is £22.50 for PS3 at GAME. If it's still on, grab that then upgrade for £9.99, better than ShopTo's offer.

Soooo, are there any news regarding new shipments of PS4s, especially the Killzone/2 DS4/Camera bundle, for Germany? :p

I don't think there's been any big news because shipments have been pretty regular. Probably best to ask the place you're thinking of buying from.

I don't think there's been any big news because shipments have been pretty regular. Probably best to ask the place you're thinking of buying from.

While the Amazon customer service is really good (at least here in Germany :p ), when it comes down to things like "When will you get another shipment?", they always respond with: "You'll get an e-mail when we might be able to speculate that there is a possibility we may be getting a new shipment sometime in the near future...or not."

But I kinda have to order from them because I will soon have vouchers for Amazon worth 300-400€ (more when I trade in my 3DSXL). I need them :D

Edit: Just pre-ordered the PS4/Killzone/Knack/Driveclub bundle. No release date given, but still. It's pre-ordered so I'll at least have something.

If I go through with that order and won't go with the PS4/Killzone/DS4/Camera bundle, I'll trade in Knack and Driveclub.

Edited by drahkon

Decided to store my PS4 flat over vertical. For this reason only.

1499473_470319916410434_1669121087_n.jpg

So you could watch Sharpe?

Went to hang at @martinist's so I got my mitts on a new-gen console for the first time and it mostly reminded me why buying a modern console within the first year is not an especially great idea. I can absolutely see the potential sitting there but the whole system clearly isn't as tight functionally as it can be right now. The games look great compared to old-gen but you can still sit there and list how and where they'll improve within the next couple of years. I do want a PS4 eventually but it's got a way to go before it becomes worth the investment.

Also, jesus christ. We tried to do the upgrade thing for BF4, we started downloading at 6pm yesterday and then began "installing" at 11pm. It's now 1.20pm the following day and I am informed it currently stands at "81%".

tumblr_ltdcmumKWy1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Edited by gaggle64

Went to hang at @martinistAlso, jesus christ. We tried to do the upgrade thing for BF4, we started downloading at 6pm yesterday and then began "installing" at 11pm. It's now 1.20pm the following day and I am informed it currently stands at "81%".

Is he on dial up?

Acoustic-Coupler5.jpg

Dude, not everything needs an accompanying flash card. Your special ed classes may have pampered you to believe otherwise, but this is the real fucking world.

Is he on dial up?

Acoustic-Coupler5.jpg

I think that's the Origin server.

I googled it up, apparently it's a common problem. It's amazing reading the fanboys honestly defending 2+ day "install" times. To compare, he downloaded & installed 7gigs-worth of Typing Of The Dead from Steam in less than 2 hours.

Also, I'm still baffled we needed to input a code to get the upgrade. The system has "these are the games you have that are eligible" window so one would assume PSN registered which games you bought on PS3 but it sits empty until you enter the leaflet code (in a totally separate menu). There aren't even any clear instructions in the menu, we had to go search it through the PSN support website.

Dude, not everything needs an accompanying flash card. Your special ed classes may have pampered you to believe otherwise, but this is the real fucking world.

happy_new_year_charlie_brown.jpg

I googled it up, apparently it's a common problem. It's amazing reading the fanboys honestly defending 2+ day "install" times. To compare, he downloaded & installed 7gigs-worth of Typing Of The Dead from Steam in less than 2 hours.

Must be a slow connection though I average 3-4 meg a second. Mind you I have a wired connection.

I live in a rural area.. The fastest connection I've had is 1.5 megs at any one time. Maybe even just 1 meg at times or even less than that. It hangs around 700-800 Kbps. We really need fiber optic lines installed here >_>