NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn beta open to all PS4 owners

Own a PS4? Then you'll be pleased to know that Square Enix's Senior PR Manager David Yang, has confirmed that every single PS4 user will be granted access to the PS4 beta of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

That's right, you won't even have to register for an existing account for the game or not. This means that as soon as February 22 gets here, everyone will get into the beta right from the start.

To make this even more interesting, PlayStation Plus won’t be required to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4, so if you have a PS4 or will get one before February 22nd then the beta will be right there waiting for you.

Guess I'll finally get a chance to give the game a try.

Does anyone elses PS4 occassionally start with the sound not working?

From the sounds of things, you should return that PS4 before more things go wrong with it.

From the sounds of things, you should return that PS4 before more things go wrong with it.

Nah I was just checking if it was a known problem. Looks like it is and is an issue with the HDMI. Switching away then back to the PS4 HDMI input fixes the problem.

As for the other complaint I had last month, that hasnt happened since so Im fine.

Dude, not everything needs an accompanying flash card. Your special ed classes may have pampered you to believe otherwise, but this is the real fucking world.

That's a bit of an insult to us special ed teachers....

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn beta open to all PS4 owners

Guess I'll finally get a chance to give the game a try.

It'll be cool to see how it runs (hopefully close to a very high end PC), the PS3 version that I played a little of back when it was in beta was a bit shabby, but a game of that scale was always going to be a challenge for an old system.

Until they add video sharing on you tube (it's got to happen right?).

I've tried this work around and have a small clip to show you that it works.

Guide: How to Share PS4 Video Clips on YouTube

Broadcast yourself

There’s no doubt that the PlayStation 4’s share button has significantly changed the manner in which we communicate our gaming experiences with friends and family, but the console’s inability to upload gameplay clips to sites such as YouTube is a bit of an oversight. Fortunately, there is a workaround if you’re willing to leap through a few fairly simplistic hoops.

1. Find a clip worth sharing

Every share button story begins with a clip worth uploading, so simply play your games until you encounter something that you want to capture. This may be a killstreak, a glitch, or a really cool cut-scene. When you think that you’ve encountered the perfect moment, push the share button and follow the steps.

2. Upload to Facebook

In order to publish the clip to YouTube later, you’ll need to upload the video to Facebook first. If you haven’t linked your PS4 to Facebook, follow these steps to do that. Once you’re done, trim your video and select upload. You’ll be able to return to your game while the console deals with this in the background.

3. Find your video’s URL

Once your video’s uploaded, visit your Facebook profile on a computer or laptop. You should be able to find the clip on your profile’s timeline. Directly beneath your username, you should see a hyperlink outlining when the media was uploaded. Click on this to bring up the video’s own page. Beneath the movie player, to right hand side of any comments, you should see a list of options. Click the one labelled ‘Get Link’. This will bring up a URL, which you must add to your clipboard.

4. Download your clip

Visit SaveFrom.net on your computer and paste the URL that you just copied from Facebook into the input box. Click the ‘Download’ button and you should see a preview of your video. You can opt to download in HD (high definition) or SD (standard definition). Note that the latter will result in a smaller file, but the quality will be significantly reduced. Right click on your preferred option and select ‘Save As’. Select a directory on your computer, and begin to download the clip.

5. Upload to YouTube

Once the file has downloaded to your computer, you can then upload it to YouTube. Simply visit the video sharing website with your web browser, and select the ‘Upload’ button. Follow the steps, ensuring to select the correct file to re-upload. It will take a few moments to upload the file depending on your connection speed, but once you’ve completed the transfer, your video will be available for the world to see.

Does anyone elses PS4 occassionally start with the sound not working?

Yeah mine does on occasion dude. Unfortunately more so when I'm trying to show the thing off to people.

They just said at CES that the PS4 has sold 4.2 million worldwide. And that's before it's even out in Japan.

Sweet Jesus.

Anyone else going to watch Kaz Hirai's CES Keynote? Apparently there should be some PS4 announcements. Its starting soon.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/06/watch-live-sonys-ces-2014-press-conference/

I watched the last 10 mins or so, because stream was terrible for me when it started, but SONY are bloody exciting!

Wow was the buzzword, and wow indeed at some of the stuff they showed off!

So Gekai is now called Playstation Now and is coming summer with PAYG and subscription models and there's some sweet ass TV projector thing. Nom.

I watched the last 10 mins or so, because stream was terrible for me when it started, but SONY are bloody exciting!

Wow was the buzzword, and wow indeed at some of the stuff they showed off!

Yeah the stream was a bit crap at the beginning but it got better after 5 or 10 minutes.

I was really impressed with that Keynote, even before we actually got some announcements. Kaz is just a good speaker. The live Media Molecule scrolling stuff in the background was great as well, you gotta love those guys.

Im looking forward to seeing how well Playstation Now works. Its a shame we most likely wont get it until 2015 here though if Sony stick to their original estimates.

I thought GaiKai was originally intended as a means to stream PS4 games, not just 'retro' games?

I live in a rural area.. The fastest connection I've had is 1.5 megs at any one time. Maybe even just 1 meg at times or even less than that. It hangs around 700-800 Kbps. We really need fiber optic lines installed here >_>

God that's even worse than I get back home, I think we can get up to 4mb but it rarely is that.

So Gekai is now called Playstation Now and is coming summer with PAYG and subscription models and there's some sweet ass TV projector thing. Nom.

Having just purchased a Bravia (not yet come) it did sound pretty exciting that games could stream right to it. No idea whether it would support existing models though, or be a feature of future models.

In other news, I just got another 21 quid off the price of the TV after having bought it through price match. Cha ching.

Until they add video sharing on you tube (it's got to happen right?).

I've tried this work around and have a small clip to show you that it works.

I'm beginning to think it won't happen on either console with the current copyrighted material fiasco....perhaps the platform holders don't want to be seen directly feeding in to that....in the mean time it means jumping through hoops...be it PS4>Facebook>Download>Youtube upload or XBox>Skydrive>sync with computer>Youtube upload

So does this mean that Sony has officially gone 3rd party now? :p

From what I can tell, this will only be available on the PS4, Vita, Sony TVs, Sony tablets and Sony smartphones.

Where are you getting that impression? It seems to me that the general idea is for it to be available on most capable, internet connected devices.

I believe they said it will start on Sony devices, as Cube said, and eventually be made available to others.

From what I can tell, this will only be available on the PS4, Vita, Sony TVs, Sony tablets and Sony smartphones.

I'm pretty sure they explicitly said iPad at one point. Also of reason that at the very least it wouldn't be across all android tablets.

Can someone explain how the share recording button works? Is it always recording 15 minutes of footage? And when I press the share button it then saves 15 minutes of footage when I press the share button?