NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

i'm still waiting for them to do a gold/silver an revisit an old region post game............it will never happen again will it?

Going on holiday shortly after this is released and I'm trying to decide... this or Fire Emblem (which I never got round to picking up).

Going on holiday shortly after this is released and I'm trying to decide... this or Fire Emblem (which I never got round to picking up).

This. Obviously.

I always have the fear of when doing that, they'll hold off on couriers til like Thursday so it still arrives Friday

Still a day early. Stop moaning :p

Fire Emblem.

Shorty - I say Pokemon. You don't wanna be thinking about where to put shit on holiday! Which to put on what square or whatever it is you do on FE!! (I've clearly never played it haha). Pokemon all the way!! :D

I'm going to say Fire Emblem so that its 2-2 and it doesn't help Shorty :heh:

Although I've not played FE but @Mr\-Paul enjoyed it when he reviewed it.

As Ashley said, I did indeed love Fire Emblem. You need to get it. One of the best games the 3DS has, and I wasn't even a Fire Emblem fan before this one. But if it's one or the other, I'd get Pokémon now to play along at the same time as everyone else, for if you want to do any trades etc.

My real answer: get both :D

Is there a way to transfer Pokemon from the DS games without using Pokemon Bank (and the yearly fee that incurs)?

Edit: Actually, no idea why I asked that. I remember the Direct now. There isn't.

Edited by V. Amoleo
Stupid question! :)

Lookie what we have here:

content-1-33742-pokexy.jpg

Spoiler: its a review.

9/10

BULLSHIT. PAID REVIEW, TERRIBLE GAME, TAKE YOUR PICK DEPENDING ON YOUR END OF THE SPECTRUM IN INTERNET CULTURE.

N-EUROPE REVIEWERS CONFIRMED FOR MASSIVE NINTENDO FANBOYS. OR NINTENDO BIAS FOR NOT GIVING IT 10/10. YOU CAN'T SPELL N-EUROPEANSCUM WITHOUT N-EUROPE.

Glad to hear you think it's good, I eagerly anticipate next week.

"Annoying problems such as depositing and withdrawing Pokémon still exist "

What?

What?

You can't do a straight swap a pokémon in your party for one in a box. You have to go to "Deposit Pokémon", get rid of the pokémon in your squad you want to put away, then go back out to "Withdraw Pokémon" and pick who you want to replace them.

You can't do a straight swap a pokémon in your party for one in a box. You have to go to "Deposit Pokémon", get rid of the pokémon in your squad you want to put away, then go back out to "Withdraw Pokémon" and pick who you want to replace them.

You've been able to do that since Ruby/Sapphire...select the option "Move Pokémon", and then drag and drop

You've been able to do that since Ruby/Sapphire...select the option "Move Pokémon", and then drag and drop

WAIT, there are people who don't know about the Move Pokemon feature?

I've always used it, it makes the process so much easier for transferring.

OK, I admit I didn't know that, but I didn't play Black that much, and Diamond was years ago now :P

Still, they should just have that option, rather than having deposit and withdraw before it.

But the problem here is that if you want to quickly withdraw or deposit rather than swap things around, those two functions are a lot handier than the Move feature.

That's why I've always thought that the current system isn't a problem.

Its a shame the DS doesn't have a touch screen so you can just drag and drop till your heart's content.

I've done well to stay spoiler-free so far. All I know are the starters, the mega-evolutions and that double blade Pokemon.

It was a tough job but I'm almost there now.

Anyway I'm going with Pokemon X & Chespin as my starter.

What version & starter are you going with?

Its a shame the DS doesn't have a touch screen so you can just drag and drop till your heart's content.

That's what happens :p

Sorry I should have been clearer. Moving Pokémon isn't as easy or obvious as it should be. You're presented with:

- Deposit Pokémon

- Withdraw Pokémon

- Organise Boxes

- Organise Items

- Log Out

Move Pokémon is hidden away within Organise Boxes which makes sense once you have found it, but it's not as intuitive as it should be. Ultimately you should be able to just select move Pokémon and you can either swap, deposit or withdraw depending on if you move a Pokémon on top of another, or onto an empty spot.

And yes you can use the touch screen to do it.

Edited by Ashley

That's what happens :p

Well in that case.

What?

This ^^.