NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

PDP_top_eSpots_pokemon_X_split.jpg

PLEASE NOTE:

This Nintendo eShop Download requires prepurchase and payment will be taken immediately. We will email your download code just before launch.

I am really looking forward to this, but I do have a problem with the new Pokemon. I think its quite comfortably the worst batch of Pokemon out of all the games.

h9u.png

Things that annoy me;

- If you say to someone "In this game, there is a three stage evolving Steel/Ghost type" that conjures up some awesome possibilites. And the reality is incredibly lame.

- Far too many Fairy types. And I mean single Fairy type, I like the idea of dual fairy. I mean...I know its a new type and they need to push it....but....okay, maybe it isn't even that there is too many, but Swirlix and it's evolution are ABSOLUTE GARBAGE designs. They look like a 2 year old drew them.

- Cool new typing like Ghost/Grass....but then there are TWO separate Pokemon with an evolution each of that typing. Weird/what. Waste of a space.

- Final evolutions of the starters are so bad they look fake. All of them look totally different from their previous ones. Like...the second stage of all three of them are pretty decent, and you can clearly see the progression, but then they all go crazy for the last. Chespins is OKAY, but weirdly proportioned and I utterly HATE the colour change. Fennekins is an abomination. Froakie's is the best but still looks too weird and different - why is he all square and sharp. His tongue looks weird, obscuring his face - it is the same problem I have with the Ghost sword and also the feminine weird Fairy one (Spiritzee) by removing facial features they de-humanise them, which I know sounds stupid because they are Pokemon, but it makes them look like objects that lack emotion or mood, rather than living creatures.

- Its looking like the roster of new mon is quite small.

- Not enough 3 stage evolvers. And the few we do have are shit, apart from Talonflame which is pretty sweet.

- Not enough fearsome looking ones (excluding Megas).

- Excluding Fairy types, there are hardly any new type combinations, of which there are still plenty that we have not had yet that could be explored.

I think I want;

- Talonflame

- Barbaracle - this one is fucking sweet.

- Auroros

- Malamar

I'm not sure I'd even consider having any of the others which is sad. :( You should be spoilt for choice for BADASS new Mon.

Despite all these criticisms, its really all aimed at the new Mon themselves. I am still hugely excited about the game itself.

Apparently the 3D also switches off when more than two Pokémon are present in battle.

Can anyone confirm this?

I agree with Rez that the new Pokemon look slightly disappointing. And there doesn't seem to be that many - or that many that are interesting.

I personally think all is forgiven though just from looking at Talonflame. DO NEED.

Still, hype hasn't subsided in any way - and I can't wait!

Sorry I should have been clearer. Moving Pokémon isn't as easy or obvious as it should be. You're presented with:

- Deposit Pokémon

- Withdraw Pokémon

- Organise Boxes

- Organise Items

- Log Out

Move Pokémon is hidden away within Organise Boxes which makes sense once you have found it, but it's not as intuitive as it should be. Ultimately you should be able to just select move Pokémon and you can either swap, deposit or withdraw depending on if you move a Pokémon on top of another, or onto an empty spot.

And yes you can use the touch screen to do it.

Thanks for the clarification!

h9u.png

This is bullshit. This is the current version of a list people have been compiling every day of all the currently known new Pokemon, this is not all of them.

There are some more to come, but there wont be much more than this admittedly from the sound of things.

Edited by Debug Mode
Automerged Doublepost

People always say "Oh that Pokémon looks terrible", and then it usually becomes their favourite.

We saw this exact thing with the Unova starters

People always say "Oh that Pokémon looks terrible", and then it usually becomes their favourite.

We saw this exact thing with the Unova starters

To be fair, all the Unova starters were fucking awful. Except for Snivy, never stopped loving that little smug bastard.

more ghosts so i'm happy, still i want a ghost/dragon type non legendary like a dragon skeleton or something

It only really matters what they look like from behind anyway...

I don't mean for that to sound like innuendo!

It only really matters what they look like from behind anyway...

I don't mean for that to sound like innuendo!

Not in XY :)

Peeps is just trying to cover up the fact that he's an ass man.

/vp/ is currently going ballistic at the Elite 4 leaks that some one is copying from a user on Something Awful.

Final stretch!

EDIT: Aaaaaand the cats out of the bag. Fairly obvious who the champion was going to be.

Not long left, hype is hitting critical mass.

Edited by Debug Mode

I am really looking forward to this, but I do have a problem with the new Pokemon. I think its quite comfortably the worst batch of Pokemon out of all the games.

h9u.png

Things that annoy me;

- If you say to someone "In this game, there is a three stage evolving Steel/Ghost type" that conjures up some awesome possibilites. And the reality is incredibly lame.

- Far too many Fairy types. And I mean single Fairy type, I like the idea of dual fairy. I mean...I know its a new type and they need to push it....but....okay, maybe it isn't even that there is too many, but Swirlix and it's evolution are ABSOLUTE GARBAGE designs. They look like a 2 year old drew them.

- Cool new typing like Ghost/Grass....but then there are TWO separate Pokemon with an evolution each of that typing. Weird/what. Waste of a space.

- Final evolutions of the starters are so bad they look fake. All of them look totally different from their previous ones. Like...the second stage of all three of them are pretty decent, and you can clearly see the progression, but then they all go crazy for the last. Chespins is OKAY, but weirdly proportioned and I utterly HATE the colour change. Fennekins is an abomination. Froakie's is the best but still looks too weird and different - why is he all square and sharp. His tongue looks weird, obscuring his face - it is the same problem I have with the Ghost sword and also the feminine weird Fairy one (Spiritzee) by removing facial features they de-humanise them, which I know sounds stupid because they are Pokemon, but it makes them look like objects that lack emotion or mood, rather than living creatures.

- Its looking like the roster of new mon is quite small.

- Not enough 3 stage evolvers. And the few we do have are shit, apart from Talonflame which is pretty sweet.

- Not enough fearsome looking ones (excluding Megas).

- Excluding Fairy types, there are hardly any new type combinations, of which there are still plenty that we have not had yet that could be explored.

I think I want;

- Talonflame

- Barbaracle - this one is fucking sweet.

- Auroros

- Malamar

I'm not sure I'd even consider having any of the others which is sad. :( You should be spoilt for choice for BADASS new Mon.

Despite all these criticisms, its really all aimed at the new Mon themselves. I am still hugely excited about the game itself.

That is not all the new Pokémon.

Apparently the 3D also switches off when more than two Pokémon are present in battle.

Can anyone confirm this?

I shall try and find out.

That is not all the new Pokémon.

Just as I said earlier, thanks for confirming!

For example, there have been another 2 Pokemon leaked since that image was made. I think we're looking at the minimum of 3 more left to find, but yeah, it's definitely looking like this generation has introduced the least new Pokemon.

It looks like they have all been found now. Definitely a couple of nice ones.

Am evo of a previously revealed one looks a bit shit but has amazing typing.

I have a good idea of my team now.

Here's a great and heart warming article from Eurogamer about Pokemon.

HERE

Started off by saying that the Pokémon games were essentially identical between the games.

It enrages me whenever people say that

Haven't read the article, but I kinda have to agree. If they only went away from the 8 gyms and Elite League formula I would have been more interested in this.

One question, which is why I came, have they improved on transferring Pokemon from other games? Sending one or even six at a time takes forever.

One question, which is why I came, have they improved on transferring Pokemon from other games? Sending one or even six at a time takes forever.

It'll be done via Pokemon Bank, which I'm pretty confident will make it faster to move masses of Pokemon between games.

Hopefully there's an 'Upload Box' feature.

Argh! Someone help!? Will there be a Mega Venusaur X? I need this. :(

Anyway lets keep the hype rolling, what are your teams looking like? Mine so far:

Greninja

Venusaur

Talonflame

Aegislash

Jaw Fossil Pokemon

Fairy Pokemon

Whilst training up old favourites: Pidgeot, Crobat, Gyarados to name a few.