NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

On the other side of things, it appears the leaks (and ROM ripping off previous titles) has meant a lot of sites aren't getting the game to review :(

One thing I don't understand: Why did these stores even have copies of the game so early? With such a big release, you'd expect them to be shipped so stores receive them next Wednesday.

Loving the meltdowns people are having because others already have the game. Jealous much? :D It's like watching GTA fans all over again.

Haha, yeah. Saying that I'm totally jealous as well. :laughing: Got Wind Waker to distract myself anyway.

Wish it was the 12th already. Mostly just so the fake stuff stops. Can't decide if I want to spoil myself or not. I do want to see the final designs for the starts though so I can pick which one to choose.

On the other side of things, it appears the leaks (and ROM ripping off previous titles) has meant a lot of sites aren't getting the game to review :(

Weird thing is, I've seen a lot of places saying they got physical copies. I though Nintendo only did digital versions now?

Unless they were proven to be fake, didn't really pay attention.

Europe?

The physical game I recall receiving from Nintendo was Pokémon Typing and that was around a year ago.

Charizard X Megastone......version specific starter mega evo's...go search for the new charizard! it had best be damn real!

Charizard X Megastone......version specific starter mega evo's...go search for the new charizard! it had best be damn real!

It is. It was shown at the end of the Pokemon Origins special episode.

Also his X form is the superior Mega form. ;)

Nice.

Any pics on Mega Venusaur X?

No such thing exists. You only have Mega Venusaur

venusaur.png

charizardx.png

For those who haven't seen

So just to confirm for those that are a little slow (such as myself :laughing:), that version is exclusive to X whereas the other one we've seen in the trailers/gameplay videos is exclusive to Y?

I am contemplating picking up a 3DS again, with this being one of the games I'd most like to play. Slightly disappointed that they're mixing in the new Pokémon with the old, though. I liked Pokémon Black for only giving you the new Pokémon until you'd beat the Elite 4 as it meant you didn't just fall to tried and tested teams, rather allowing you to experiment with different team configurations.

Has there been any confirmation or talk of how many new 'mon there'll be in these games yet? That's the one thing that is worrying me, that they'll use the mega-evolutions as a way of getting round not including a solid number of new Pokémon (i.e. 100+ new ones like in past games).

That Charizard X Megalution is ridiculously amazing looking..

Apparently first I've read of it, but there's rumours of only 70 new Pokemon this time round?

charizardx.png

I know I shouldn't be expecting this thread to be spoiler free but recently people have been spoiler tagging stuff. Time to duck out so I don't spoil anything more for myself?

I know I shouldn't be expecting this thread to be spoiler free but recently people have been spoiler tagging stuff. Time to duck out so I don't spoil anything more for myself?

Probably a good idea with all the leaks going round. To be fair, this was officially announced.

charizardx.png

Who is this Pokemon and what is the Pokemon Y version one?

Who is this Pokemon and what is the Pokemon Y version one?

I haven't touched Pokémon in many years, but I can safely say that it's a version of Charizard.

I haven't touched Pokémon in many years, but I can safely say that it's a version of Charizard.

That's a Charizard I thought Charizard was just red

It's Charizard's Mega X form. The one we saw before was its Mega Y form.

Probably a good idea with all the leaks going round. To be fair, this was officially announced.

Yeah I guess... Just wanted some bits to be a surprise. Shame as it means I can't come into thread anymore and get excited

Yeah I guess... Just wanted some bits to be a surprise. Shame as it means I can't come into thread anymore and get excited

But theres still so much we don't know about. Pokemon leaks, or any game leaks are a given. But I think X/Y have done a better job at concealing stuff. If this wasn't a worldwide launch, we would have known everything, as we did.

From what i've seen of the mega x and y evolutions of Mewtwo and Charizard, it's tricky to decide which version of the game to get. Myself, i prefer X's Mewtwo mega-evo and i prefer Y's version of Charizards mega-evo. There is even a part of me thinking to get both, but i won't. I also seem to prefer Y's legendary over X's.

I'm trying not to spoil myself further, but i'll probably end up deciding on the day once i've seen the local Pokedex for each title and see what 'Mon are available in which game.