NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

Did somebody say "Pokedex completing"?

I'm more than willing to breed some hard-to-find Pokemon off for some peeps here.

Don't even care what I get in return. Just don't ask for legendaries, etc. Ain't happening.

Chees Glen-i

Well I want to ultimately build a team I can take online. I've not even got my first badge yet haha!

I'm just trying to teach myself things about IV/EV/natures etc and what they all mean.

Things have complicated since Yellow.

I am actually at this moment trying to find a jolly Riolu. I seem to get every nature but that one!

Hmm so I tried the Wonder Trade earlier.

I got a lv100 shiny Charizard!! Something is telling me that its not legit as surely no one would wonder trade that.

Anyway, I tried putting it onto Bank and it worked!

@Serebii

At the minute i'm trying to get my head around natures/IVs/EVs as this is all new to me.

Now i've been looking for Riolu with a jolly nature (from research, this is the one to get). I've now caught about 6 of them but without the nature I want.

Do I just get through the story and then look at natures/ivs/evs etc or start thinking about it now. I'm just conscious of spending time training up Pokemon that i'm just going to bin off later down the line as they are crap online.

What do you suggest?

I'm not completely aware of EV training, but I believe it does require you battling certain enemies for different effects. For example, battling a Diglett would give you Speed EV, so if you want a fast Riolu/Lucario you would only want to battle foes who give you that specific EV. And in the main game you will get a lot of random encounters so you cannot EV train properly. But as I said, I'm not into EV training (who's got the time for that?!) so maybe someone else can give a better answer. :D

And oh yeah, got Celebi through the wi-fi Mystery Gift! Still I think it is a shame that all these give away legends are l100, since it takes away the fun of training them any further in the game.

@Blade

If you want any pokemon breeding i'm more than willing to breed them, i had a few shiny's too so i can breed from those

let me switch my 3ds on

I got to the third gym in Omega Ruby and seem to have not played since.....

On to X i'm pretty certain i stopped playing after defeating the Elite four and ignored the end game content...

Luckily i am saved at the breeding centre

Got a pair of Snorlax's so can breed them

I have the Kanto and Johoto Starters so should be able to breed those for you

I have metang plus on Ruby the Shiny one so could breed those

Huh looks like i've bred a few Kanto starters got three charmeleons,two Wartortles and two ivysaur

Other than that i've quite a few others so ask and i should be able to breed for you too

@Blade

If you want any pokemon breeding i'm more than willing to breed them, i had a few shiny's too so i can breed from those

let me switch my 3ds on

I got to the third gym in Omega Ruby and seem to have not played since.....

On to X i'm pretty certain i stopped playing after defeating the Elite four and ignored the end game content...

Luckily i am saved at the breeding centre

Got a pair of Snorlax's so can breed them

I have the Kanto and Johoto Starters so should be able to breed those for you

I have metang plus on Ruby the Shiny one so could breed those

Huh looks like i've bred a few Kanto starters got three charmeleons,two Wartortles and two ivysaur

Other than that i've quite a few others so ask and i should be able to breed for you too

Cheers pal!

Yes, I want them all!! The starters would be ace! Whenever you are able/free then let me know and i'll come on.

Have you got any spare Pokes that are exclusive to X?

In terms of pokes for my team I have no idea about what to get (although im fancying the sword ghost thing, although I have no idea what nature is the best) and also i'm wanting a Jolly Riolu (as i've heard thats the best nature)

Also, I may need to use you of I get pokes that can only evolve through trade.

In other words anything that you have spare time/can be arsed I would be very grateful for.

You can get the Hidden abilities Regis Trio via Pokebank this Friday and it will last until October. Also My theory about Magearna can turn into a Pokeball-like is correct after the trailer dropped today.

Caught my first ever wild Shiny Pokémon last night in Pokémon Y, a shiny Geodude in a horde on Victory Road. A couple of them started using Magnitude (and had Sturdy abilities) so I was terrified of them killing my prize before I could claim it. Luckily managed to pick off the offenders in time and caught it!

Crazy how I've been playing these games for about 16 years and I've only just found one in the wild!

I've never seen one!

Well, I might have done back when I was young and didn't realise what it meant.

I hatched a shiny Abra the other day, didn't realise for ages since it looks very similar to the normal one. If they didn't have a red star mark then I probably would never have noticed!

Also got some shinies from wonder trade, Ursaring, Rayquazza and Darkrai. Think Rayquazza and Darkrai are probably dodgy but they work with Pokemon Bank so whatevs.

I hatched a shiny Abra the other day, didn't realise for ages since it looks very similar to the normal one. If they didn't have a red star mark then I probably would never have noticed!

Oh god, reminds me of the cold sweat as I realized that I was about to wonder trade away a shiny Froakie.

As said by @Ike in the ORAS thread, Hoopa event is live with the serial code HOOPA2016. Got it for X! Is there a way to get the unbound forme in X btw?

Also I just beat the Elite 4, but my main team was a little underleveled (around lv60) so I took the lazy option and beat them with all the lv100 event Pokémon haha. Funny to play this way and my first Hall of Fame team is Xerneas, Yveltal, Jirachi, Mew, Giratina and Celebi. Now onwards to post-game and 100 percent my National Dex!

As said by @Ike in the ORAS thread, Hoopa event is live with the serial code HOOPA2016. Got it for X! Is there a way to get the unbound forme in X btw?

Also I just beat the Elite 4, but my main team was a little underleveled (around lv60) so I took the lazy option and beat them with all the lv100 event Pokémon haha. Funny to play this way and my first Hall of Fame team is Xerneas, Yveltal, Jirachi, Mew, Giratina and Celebi. Now onwards to post-game and 100 percent my National Dex!

Nope. Hoopa Unbound is not in X & Y. It's an ORAS exclusive form

Free Hoopa, Jirachi (still got Pokemon Channel one...that's the game it was with, I think) and MORE Regis (like my hundredth set...LOL). Also, just got my last set of Link BP until Sun/Moon comes out, 966BP. Not bad, but my first ORAS set was over 1600 if I remember correctly, which I used to buy almost or maybe indeed all the BP items. Will use next lump sum to buy everything on Sun/Moon to play (hopefully) PWT/BF with max item tactics from the get go.

Does Bank points still go up when your account runs out? If so, when my bro gets Sun he's going to have soooooooo many... Even if not, he'll still have nearly a years worth.

Anyone with a US version who wants the legendary birds? I got the mail but unfortunately they don't work in the EU game.