NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

Must be performance related.
That's surely impossible, what with the likes of Resident Evil Revelations and MH3U not having any trouble utilising 3D at all times. ::shrug:

well it will be the first game i switch 3d off for then! even MGS3D i could bare the non 3d first person it made sense and was not too noticable.......but everything outside of battle in pokemon is none 3d....WOW i'm sorry its just lazy

Gotta Catch 'em All is getting a little old. I propose a new tagline.

Pokemon: Two Steps Forward, One Step Back.

:( That's gutting. I never thought we'd have a first party game not making use of it.

Really disappointed. I'm guessing that X/Y is built on top of the DS Pokemon engine so the overworld still has sprites on top of 3D models. Difficult to make into S3D.

Nope. None of it is sprite

That's surely impossible, what with the likes of Resident Evil Revelations and MH3U not having any trouble utilising 3D at all times. ::shrug:

Capcom's staff have a LOT more experience with developing 3D games (and with working with modern shader hardware) than Gamefreak though...

It's the only explanation that makes even a lick of sense (and even then, it's not much as the game isn't exactly much of a looker outside of battles and that Harmoknight was a pretty damn pretty looking game!)

Suppose we'll find out in the Iwata Asks? :hmm: (meanwhile Zelda ALBW has no trouble running in 60FPS S3D, while also simultaneously looking better than PKMN X&Y's overworld ::shrug: )

Nope. None of it is sprite

Really? I've only watched two trailers (purposefully trying to avoid anything about the game) and I thought the rose bushes in the one city didn't change even though the camera angle did.

If it's all made using 3D models I'm not sure why it isn't in 3D. Maybe it really is performance related.

Someone: Why isn't the field in 3D?

Iwata: *Laughs*

Internet: *Cries*

Serebii: *Defends*

Capcom's staff have a LOT more experience with developing 3D games (and with working with modern shader hardware) than Gamefreak though...

It's the only explanation that makes even a lick of sense (and even then, it's not much as the game isn't exactly much of a looker outside of battles and that Harmoknight was a pretty damn pretty looking game!)

Suppose we'll find out in the Iwata Asks? :hmm: (meanwhile Zelda ALBW has no trouble running in 60FPS S3D, while also simultaneously looking better than PKMN X&Y's overworld ::shrug: )

Yeah, I just don't see a logical explanation for this. If it was a lack of experience in 3D development on Gamefreak's part, Nintendo would've assisted them.

No, there has to be some other weird and irrational reason behind the omission of constant S3D in this game.

And whatever that may be, it's insane. :heh:

Maybe trying to decipher any logic in what Nintendo & their partners do is a fool's errand? :p

It only features the X and Y planes. ::shrug:

so the inevitable third game Z will be fully stereoscopic 3D

That's really the weirdest decision I've seen a company make in a looooooong time haha!

I don't mind too much because I never use S3D,

REALLY curious what the thought behind this is....

Suddenly the 2DS releasing alongside Pokemon X & Y not only makes sense but it actually sounds appealing for anyone just buying the system for only those games. :p

Next thing we'll be hearing is that stereo sound is limited to in-battle only. ;)

I was on the fence over buying one of these, but leaning towards buying Y, but no support for 3D throughout the whole game, no purchase for me thank you. Love the old S3D. Makes my backlog a lot easier now.

Just to clarify I'm still buying it, the 3D battles at least will surely be stunning. :D

I was on the fence over buying one of these, but leaning towards buying Y, but no support for 3D throughout the whole game, no purchase for me thank you. Love the old S3D. Makes my backlog a lot easier now.

Are you actually being serious???

This isn't the first time I have seen this, and I don't get it.

Edited by Serebii

You don't get how people could dislike WW sailing, or people could expect more from the Wii U lineup (etc etc). Sometimes people just don't get people. We're a strange creature full of odd preferences. ::shrug:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You don't get how people could dislike WW sailing, or people could expect more from the Wii U lineup (etc etc). Sometimes people just don't get people. We're a strange creature full of odd preferences. ::shrug:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

True enough

I don't think no field 3D justifies a boycott, but Nintendo should have made this clear as soon as they knew what was happening. At this rate we'll get it briefly mentioned in a Nintendo Direct a week before the game releases.

Maybe the lack of field 3D is simply because the game will be played by millions of children and they've already had a lifetime of seizure controversy from the anime series?

I thought no one used the 3D anyway.

You thought wrong. I always have the 3D on full blast!

You thought wrong. I always have the 3D on full blast!

I was kidding, forgot the winky/tongue emoticon. I use the 3D.

3D is always on for me, it only ever goes off if i know the battery is low and i can't charge it.

@Serebii have we had any official word on why they have done this?

i still think its a lazy decision, far better games maintain 3D throughout, and MGS3D is the current worse offender for switching it off for "reasons" and even then its first person aiming for a guy who *spoilers* has only 1 eye, so its easily explainable. No offense to pokemon x/y but they look by no means as performance hungry as the likes of that

Oh Lord.

I'm calling this:

NINTENDO to release 3D glasses alongside the NINTENDO 2DS in order to play Pokémon X & Y in 3D.

Pokémon X and Y have that ol' school 3D :laughing: