NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

12th October is the official date. It's a worldwide release as well so they must have went somewhere in the middle picking a day to launch on. Unless the date means something in specific I'm not aware of.

I see GAME are giving away free copies of Pokedex Pro as well as the Pokeball case now which is kinda nice even if it will be outdated. ;)

It's October 12th. It's on a Saturday because Japanese Pokémon releases are typically Saturdays

12th October is the official date. It's a worldwide release as well so they must have went somewhere in the middle picking a day to launch on. Unless the date means something in specific I'm not aware of.

I see GAME are giving away free copies of Pokedex Pro as well as the Pokeball case now which is kinda nice even if it will be outdated. ;)

You only get Pokedex Pro if you order the download version I think.

Torn now on which version I want.

Edit: I can't buy the download version because I'm unable to cancel my physical copy from GAME :( Ordered multiple items at once.

Edited by V. Amoleo

At least those of us in the UK with online orders don't have to worry about a postal strike any more. :smile:

The CWU, which represents most of the Royal Mail's 150,000 staff, said ballot papers would be sent out on September 27 with the result of the vote due on October 16. If the workforce backs industrial action, the earliest possible date for strike action is October 23 - two weeks later than previously announced.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/09/20/uk-britain-royalmail-strike-idUKBRE98J0DV20130920

You only get Pokedex Pro if you order the download version I think.

Oh, yeah. Nice of them to cater for the digital orders.

Now I have a spare Pokedex Pro code...

Well if ShopTo stick to their trend of getting pre-orders at least a day early to me then I'll again have a Pokemon game on my Birthday. Probably the best thing about being born when I am, usually get the new Pokemon game on it. :D

Just pre ordered the digital version of Y from GAME. I hope the download servers aren't overloaded on midnight at launch. With any luck the code will be available a day early like with Animal Crossing.

Just pre ordered the digital version of Y from GAME. I hope the download servers aren't overloaded on midnight at launch. With any luck the code will be available a day early like with Animal Crossing.

The fact they're doing it as pre-orders gives me doubts :/

Okay, just in case ShopTo can't offer some form of compromise on their 'not shipping to anything other than your billing address' shenanigans, any other places that have a good track record of delivering by the release date that any one here can recommend?

Okay, just in case ShopTo can't offer some form of compromise on their 'not shipping to anything other than your billing address' shenanigans, any other places that have a good track record of delivering by the release date that any one here can recommend?

I believe people have had success with Flubit

I have not pre ordered from Flubit so this probably has no bearing, but both orders I had were relatively slow at 6 and 4 working days each.

Literally too skint to pre-order Pokémon. Someone hold me. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

oh shit this is this month too! i totally forgot! well not that its this month, just that its the same pay period for me (16th of each month) as GTAV and Wind Waker (i ordered the limited one)....

i can hear my poor wallet crying! i best finish animal crossing ASAP because my village will be come a desert ghost town once Pokemon is out i think

Pokémon X and Y have become the first GAME eShop download available for pre-purchase so you're ready to play at midnight!

Wasn't Animal Crossing available for pre-purchase?

Wasn't Animal Crossing available for pre-purchase?

It was available for purchase early, but they didn't restrict it to midnight like they seem to be here

@Serebii can I only level up my entree levels in white 2 by using another white 2 or black 2 game cart, or will black/white still level me up?

New Pokebeach rumours/leaks.

Trusk is a Grass/Rock boar Pokemon with long green tusks coming out of its mouth. He is gruff, has grey skin, and features green leaf-like ears. It has an “adorable” pre-evolution with tiny tusks and a leaf at the end of its tail.

A Normal/Poison porcupine Pokemon named Quillom can be found quite early in the game in the forest. It has white skin with light purple quills. He has a Poison-type quill attack which damages and has a high chance of poison.

A Ghost-type spider Pokemon is found in caves. It is dark gray with blue spots and multiple light grey eyes. It has a feint light blue mist around its abdomen. The source doesn’t remember the spelling of its name, but says it was something like “Apparachnid.” He thinks it may have an evolution.

There is a Ground-type badger Pokemon that is dark brown with black stripes going up its face. It knows Slash and a new biting move.

Reconfirmation that Froakie’s final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It’s also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.

Bunnelby evolves into a Ground/Dark type rabbit that is larger and much rounder. Its color scheme is reversed, with the dark brown now being the prominent color. It can be found in caves. It is useful because you can get it early in the game and use it to evolve Pancham into Pangoro.

Helioptile has an evolution. It is bipedal with a second yellow triangle on its face. Its ears become more jagged and it looks meaner. On its back are what look like spikes with jagged parts at the very top. It can learn a new attack called Thunder Roll, where it rolls up like a wheel and strikes the opponent.

Reconfirmation that Meowstic has a pre-evolution named Espurr. There is no gender differentiation until it evolves. It is mostly white, similar to the female version, with cuter eyes and a single puffy tail. It has a little patch of fur under its head (similar to its evolutions). The fur is dark blueish with little tufts of white in it.

Other Pokemon that are now Fairy-type: the Chansey evolution line, Dunsparce, the Clefairy line, and Togepi’s line.

Fairy Dust is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.

Like Magneton, Wailmer is part of one of the Super Training Facility games.

Team Flare makes an appearance right at the beginning of the game. On the TV in your house, one of its members talks about fashion and how your Pokemon should match your style. Team Flare’s signature music has an eerie accordion sound to it in the opening sequence.

The outfit your character wears at the start is colored to match what you’ve set as your favorite color in your 3DS settings. It can be changed easily though.

The opening cinematic is in 3D. (Have to mention this since most of the game isn’t in stereoscopic 3D. :p) It starts off with Yveltal’s cry, which wakes you up. You sit up in your bed. It then pans and there is a shot of your city. Yveltal’s shadow goes over it. After that there is some other shots of your town. You seem amazed that you saw Yveltal. It then shows generic in-game shots like you entering a forest with your friends, selecting your starter, running through a cave, etc. After that it shows Sycamore welcoming you. You are standing outside of his lab at the time, then he takes you inside. It then shows him showing you three Poke Balls which leads into a transformation video where it shows all three Kanto starters evolving to their final forms, and then the three of them Mega Evolving. It’s a really cool cinematic. The video ends with Yveltal flying with the sun behind him, leading in to the title screen. Team Flare is also shown at some point in the sequence.

On the title screen you can use the analog joystick on your 3DS to change the angle at which you see Xerneas/Yveltal.

@Serebii can I only level up my entree levels in white 2 by using another white 2 or black 2 game cart, or will black/white still level me up?

Only B2W2 unfortunately

New Pokebeach rumours/leaks.

Trusk is a Grass/Rock boar Pokemon with long green tusks coming out of its mouth. He is gruff, has grey skin, and features green leaf-like ears. It has an “adorable” pre-evolution with tiny tusks and a leaf at the end of its tail.

A Normal/Poison porcupine Pokemon named Quillom can be found quite early in the game in the forest. It has white skin with light purple quills. He has a Poison-type quill attack which damages and has a high chance of poison.

A Ghost-type spider Pokemon is found in caves. It is dark gray with blue spots and multiple light grey eyes. It has a feint light blue mist around its abdomen. The source doesn’t remember the spelling of its name, but says it was something like “Apparachnid.” He thinks it may have an evolution.

There is a Ground-type badger Pokemon that is dark brown with black stripes going up its face. It knows Slash and a new biting move.

Reconfirmation that Froakie’s final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It’s also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.

Bunnelby evolves into a Ground/Dark type rabbit that is larger and much rounder. Its color scheme is reversed, with the dark brown now being the prominent color. It can be found in caves. It is useful because you can get it early in the game and use it to evolve Pancham into Pangoro.

Helioptile has an evolution. It is bipedal with a second yellow triangle on its face. Its ears become more jagged and it looks meaner. On its back are what look like spikes with jagged parts at the very top. It can learn a new attack called Thunder Roll, where it rolls up like a wheel and strikes the opponent.

Reconfirmation that Meowstic has a pre-evolution named Espurr. There is no gender differentiation until it evolves. It is mostly white, similar to the female version, with cuter eyes and a single puffy tail. It has a little patch of fur under its head (similar to its evolutions). The fur is dark blueish with little tufts of white in it.

Other Pokemon that are now Fairy-type: the Chansey evolution line, Dunsparce, the Clefairy line, and Togepi’s line.

Fairy Dust is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.

Like Magneton, Wailmer is part of one of the Super Training Facility games.

Team Flare makes an appearance right at the beginning of the game. On the TV in your house, one of its members talks about fashion and how your Pokemon should match your style. Team Flare’s signature music has an eerie accordion sound to it in the opening sequence.

The outfit your character wears at the start is colored to match what you’ve set as your favorite color in your 3DS settings. It can be changed easily though.

The opening cinematic is in 3D. (Have to mention this since most of the game isn’t in stereoscopic 3D. :p) It starts off with Yveltal’s cry, which wakes you up. You sit up in your bed. It then pans and there is a shot of your city. Yveltal’s shadow goes over it. After that there is some other shots of your town. You seem amazed that you saw Yveltal. It then shows generic in-game shots like you entering a forest with your friends, selecting your starter, running through a cave, etc. After that it shows Sycamore welcoming you. You are standing outside of his lab at the time, then he takes you inside. It then shows him showing you three Poke Balls which leads into a transformation video where it shows all three Kanto starters evolving to their final forms, and then the three of them Mega Evolving. It’s a really cool cinematic. The video ends with Yveltal flying with the sun behind him, leading in to the title screen. Team Flare is also shown at some point in the sequence.

On the title screen you can use the analog joystick on your 3DS to change the angle at which you see Xerneas/Yveltal.

From a different source though so don't take it as legit because the last stuff was

More juicy leaks/rumours.

There is an ancient tablet pokemon with what look to be runes on it. It is ice/rock and can be found near a city with a windmill. It has the ability Flash Freeze which causes Pokemon to become frozen when they use a physical attack on it. The pokemon's name is Bitrunic and it knows the attacks rock smash and ice beam. It looks like a grey stone rectangular slab and the runes glow icy blue normally and red when it is attacking. It's eyes are two runes that are rectangles with diagonal lines that go through them.

The next is a steel/ghost type pokemon also found near the ruins that have bitrunic. It is known as the mirror pokemon. Named Flekter. I only saw its pokedex entry and it said that it can trap a person's soul within the reflection. It does evolve into a broken mirror pokemon. I do not know the name of the evolution but it has a ghost like mist holding together broken mirror shards.

To get spewpa to evolve into vivillon, you have to shake your 3ds up and down while it levels up. You can do this at anytime once it is past level 16.

To get malimar, when inkay is leveling up past level 24, turn your 3ds upside down. Another thing to keep in mind is that you have to be surfing to do this.

There is a lady in Lumiose city who will give you a task once a day for a week. If you complete her tasks (it can be anything from showing her a certain pokemon or bringing her a certain item to showing her an evolved pokemon), she will give you an egg. This egg has a Skiddo in it. If you take the hatched Skiddo to her, she'll teach you how to ride pokemon.

Pokemon-amie it a lot of fun to play and create bonds with your pokemon, however if you don't use it, your pokemon don't lose happiness. This is good because you don't have to use this feature. I can see this as being geared more towards girls.

Pokemon that can be found close to the starting area: quillom, bunnelby, scatterbug, fletchling, flabebe, pikachu.

The Togepi lineup loses its normal typing and becomes fairy type.

Metronome and Moon Dance are now fairy type moves.

The day care center is near a bridge and has a river flowing behind it. You can now put up to four pokemon there. If you leave a pokemon there to breed, it's happiness will go down. If it gets too unhappy, it will no longer breed.

When you street pass someone you can see them on your PSS. You can also battle them in a place called the pokemon battle arcade (not to be confused with the battle arcade from the battle frontier).

Your friends don't believe you when you say you think you saw the legendary pokemon. Your rival (the male or female one that you didnt choose said they saw it too). Tierno says that you guys probably just dreamed it.

There are new types of pokeball, each with a different speciality. On has a yellow top with a lightning bolt on it. As you can imagine, it works well on electric pokemon. It is called the shockball.

The next is the ironball. It is all silver looking except a black band around the middle and a little indent on the top. Use for catching steel type pokemon but can also be good for catching heavier pokemon.

They are following the pattern of having two eeveelutions in this generation. I have seen the other and it is unexpected, but awesome. I won't say what type but it isn't dragon or poison like people are thinking.

Raichu gets a mega evolution. It turns brown with the orange/gold accents on its ears. Its speed and special attack are increased.

Tropius gets to mega evolve. It gains more back leaves and now has more coconuts hanging from its neck. Its physical attack is raised but its speed it lowered.

You can leave money with your mother again but you don't get annoying calls from her when she buys you stuff. Now you can leave her a shopping list and she will pick them up for you if she "finds a good sale".

The train tracks in the East of Kalos lead to a new battle frontier that is being "built" while the main story is happening. It presumably will be finished by the time you beat the elite four.

Shiny helioptile is a darker yellow, kind of orange-ish. This is the only shiny Pokemon I have encountered so far.

Talonflame doesn't evolve from Fletchling, there is a pokemon in between.

The save game function takes substantially less time than previous games.

On the main menu, these are the options: New Game, Continue, Mystery Gift, Streetpass Settings, Options, Wifi Settings.

Mega stones can be found in a caves through a new feature similar to the mining feature in D/P/P.

You can design your own clothes (not the shape or anything, but you can add patterns or Pokemon images onto them, similar to how Tierno has vanillite on his shirt). You have to have seen the Pokemon in order to get it put onto a shirt.

I am really looking forward to the game, but my god....the vast majority of these Pokemon are so fucking lame.